Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 459 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Promo Screen Shot 5 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 1 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 2 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 3 (resized).png
    IMG_20200314_105806 (resized).jpg
    373DEA6B-85D1-4D36-A734-35D46119D284 (resized).jpeg
    F191497C-4A3E-4BE4-9C8D-7DF9D5F9703B (resized).jpeg
    Hilton.png
    IMG_20191212_201317 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-122325_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200314_031604 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    r9y3meq3d6m41 (resized).jpg
    ESwmm8aUMAADndE (resized).jpg
    D61492F8-C2AB-4591-8E20-6CF871F8D452 (resized).jpeg
    6E55E460-1768-45AF-A40C-51AAD313C2CA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #241 Official MGC announcement Posted by goatdan (4 years ago)

Post #370 Message from Deeproot Posted by frankmac (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkcarrot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#76 4 years ago

Here's the important thing to remember when comparing the deaths by the flu (or anything else really), those numbers are based on the majority of people having been exposed to it. Yes, many more people have died from the flu, but that's because many more people have been exposed to the flu. The reason events are being cancelled and quarantines are happening is to slow the rate of exposure. As others have stated, the death rate of the flu is about .1%, we don't know the actual death rate of covid19 right now because it is still new, but estimates right now are 1-2%. If those numbers are even close to accurate that 10x-20x the number of people who could die from it. If the exposure spreads rapidly, that would be very, very bad.

We don't know, and that's the reason for caution. Yes, most of us will probably be fine and it will be like the flu. But no one really knows what the impact could be, so these steps are being taken to reduce risk. I'm not saying tpf should be cancelled, I'm still planning to go. But I'm not ignoring that there is a risk to people beyond myself. I'm worried about catching it there, coming to work the next day without having symptoms yet, and exposing many, many more people to it. That is a thing that can happen.

I don't understand people acting like this is nothing at all. I understand that it might be a minor thing, but we really just don't know yet and when so many lives could be at risk, why just ignore it?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkcarrot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-coronavirus-concerns-for-tpf-amp-mgc?tu=porkcarrot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.