Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 459 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Promo Screen Shot 5 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 1 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 2 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 3 (resized).png
    IMG_20200314_105806 (resized).jpg
    373DEA6B-85D1-4D36-A734-35D46119D284 (resized).jpeg
    F191497C-4A3E-4BE4-9C8D-7DF9D5F9703B (resized).jpeg
    Hilton.png
    IMG_20191212_201317 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-122325_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200314_031604 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    r9y3meq3d6m41 (resized).jpg
    ESwmm8aUMAADndE (resized).jpg
    D61492F8-C2AB-4591-8E20-6CF871F8D452 (resized).jpeg
    6E55E460-1768-45AF-A40C-51AAD313C2CA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #241 Official MGC announcement Posted by goatdan (4 years ago)

Post #370 Message from Deeproot Posted by frankmac (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

[quoted image]

Yeah, the CDC has almost two months to prepare the country and states for this thing and they dont even have enough tests for all those that need testing in Seattle let alone the rest of the country. There are probably hundreds of undiagnosed people in the Seattle area right now but no one knows because testing is so far behind. What a shit show.

Northern Italy is in lockdown and quarantine. They have one of the oldest populations in the world and the death rate there so far is tracking at an alarming 5%.

Take this seriously folks and take the necessary precautions, if not for yourself, for your parents, seniors, and those with health conditions.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

I won't make fun of your decision, but we will probably all have been exposed to this one before June.

If that happens (which it could), it will overwhelm our hospitals and healthcare system with the 10-20% that will require hospitalization. Many more otherwise treatable patients could die due to lack of beds and vital equipment.

Rather than resigning yourself to the we're all going to get this by summer, taking precautions now and in the coming months is important. The longer we can delay it spreading in our communities and countries, the more time we buy for vaccines and treatments beginning trials now.

I'm not saying panic and dont live your life. I am saying don't be complacent and take the attitude infection is inevitable.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

"If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) "
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

No. Italy is currently locked down and under quarantine. Reports are many hospitals there are overflowing with sick COVID19 patients.

I don't ever recall seasonal flu quarantining entire countries and leading to the measures currently being taken by governments and companies here and around the world... but then again, I wasn't alive on 1918 during the Spanish Flu.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Fear is a powerful force.
    Unless you have one foot in the grave and the other foot on a banana peel, go live your life. Wash your hands often and don't go licking flipper buttons, you'll most likely be fine. I fully plan on attending the MGC.

Guess you are younger and don't give a rat's ass about your parents, seniors, or those less fortunate then yourself health wise.

Honestly, the complacency and selfishness around this thing by too many on social media these days is disturbing.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Bold assumption about someone you do not know because they do not share in your panic mongering. I assure you that you couldn't be more off base.

Governments don't quarantine millions of people and large companies like mine suspend all air travel over seasonal flu.

If you want to compare this to the flu, fine. At least be accurate and make the comparison to the Spanish Flu. If this spreads to the same number as those that typically get the flu, it is going to take a much heavier toll health wise and economically.

I'm just tired of those downplaying this as if it is no worse than the flu. It just isn't true as none of us have immunity to it and the numbers that would require treatment or hospitalization should it spread like No. Italy, could overwhelm the healthcare system.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I would agree, unless you have direct contact or live with the elderly, or someone who has a compromised immune system.

We all have contact with the elderly and immune compromised everyday just by going out and living life.

If you're infected, you will spread this to others. That is why they are asking people with known exposure to self quarantine for 14 days

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

It slows stress to healthcare system. Instead of a spike, a gentle curve. So you should definitely delay getting it.

Exactly. For those that don't get it read about what is happening in Italy right now. The hospitals are over run and many who need hospital care are being told to stay home as there arent any beds or space left.

They are saying there also aren't enough respirators. I read if it continues to spread there, over 18,000 more will need care by the end of the month and the healthcare system in the north could collapse from strain and exhaustion.

Of course, it's just the flu... I mean entire countries lockdown and quarantine the entire population during cold and flu season all the time.

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Fake News
    Yes dummies are overreacting all over the world!!!

Especially that Italian prime minister. How dare he lockdown and quarantine the entire country!

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think the death rate will lower and still be 5-10x normal flu once widespread testing takes place...complete guess.
    Those numbers with no vaccine or treatment will make this year and next winter rough.

Yep. It is going to be a rough stretch. My company (a large multinational) just suspended all but business critical air travel.

Companies don't take these measures unless there is a real and legitimate threar and concern. Moreover, governments like Italy don't lockdown the entire population over media motivated hype and exaggeration.

It is real and our best hope here is people all realize that soon in order to take the necessary precautions to try to prevent a wave of seriously ill that overwhelm our hospitals and health system.

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Move the festivals onto a cruise ship and up the number of days to 14. If after 14 days you test negative, you can get off the ship.
    Will your average bottle of hand-sanitizer fit in a PinGulp?

Probably many cruise ships in dry dock right now that could be leased on the cheap for a big tourney. Who is in?

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

But something to remember from that number, is it is with 5,000 tests, and most people have not been able to get tests. They claim a million tests will be out there soon ( not sure if it is a day or a week)

Yep. There are a lot more people in the US right now undiagnosed with the virus. CDC botched testing plans even though they had almost two months to prepare so there arent enough tests for everyone that needs to be tested.

I'm just going on the assumption there are more people walking around other than the 2 diagnosed here in Utah and in Las Vegas where I have to travel frequently for work. I am taking precautions accordingly

#257 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

A three hour tour?

More like a 30-60 days when quarantine on the ship is included to the cruise itenerary.

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

If it weren’t for the money more stuff would be shut down.. Think about how serious it is, if they ARE shutting some things down already...Maybe? Who knows.
    Editted:spelling

March Madness will be played without fans and rumors are the NBA will follow by this weekend.

In light of what is happening, I dont see any way a arcade/pinball expo with any significant amount of people happens this year. Not trying to beca debbie downer but this is basically reality at this point.

Thank the Chinese government and their negligence allowing medieval type wild animal markets to continue on unregulated since the SARS outbreak (same source - wild animal markets - as covid19) for giving this to the world.

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Wild animal markets... right.
    Not the BSL-4 lab miles away researching mutated strains of corona and definitely has nothing to do with the first-of-its-kind corona virus in nature found with a SARS protein.
    Bat soup.. lol. Right.

I get your point. Given the rogue government that rules China, who knows what we should believe at this point.

I’ve heard that people that work in these labs have been known to sell lab animals to the idiots that run these wild animal markets in the past so who knows. Either way, the Chinese government bears a significant amount of responsibility due to negligence for this disaster.

When it is all said and done and this dark period in world history is over, I hope nations of the world confront China and demand change if they want to continue to be part of the global economic community.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-coronavirus-concerns-for-tpf-amp-mgc?tu=Utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.