Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 459 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Promo Screen Shot 5 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 1 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 2 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 3 (resized).png
    IMG_20200314_105806 (resized).jpg
    373DEA6B-85D1-4D36-A734-35D46119D284 (resized).jpeg
    F191497C-4A3E-4BE4-9C8D-7DF9D5F9703B (resized).jpeg
    Hilton.png
    IMG_20191212_201317 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-122325_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200314_031604 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    r9y3meq3d6m41 (resized).jpg
    ESwmm8aUMAADndE (resized).jpg
    D61492F8-C2AB-4591-8E20-6CF871F8D452 (resized).jpeg
    6E55E460-1768-45AF-A40C-51AAD313C2CA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 459 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 4 years ago
    Quoted from okayestpinballer:

If there was a hungry bear loose on the floor of MGC, and for whatever reason the organizers didn't cancel the event even though the city urged organizers to close events where hungry bears might be in attendance, would you still go?
    If the MGC organizer or any organizer chooses to hold an event, even if it's something you're really looking forward to, if you don't think it's worth the risk of being eaten by a hungry bear, then don't go?!
    I mean obviously a hungry bear isn't running around The Wisconsin Center, but adjust your risk assessment accordingly.
    (I'd rather take my chances with a hungry bear than a microscopic bat-soup-virus, but only because I could run faster than most of you!)

I would bet BangerJay money to ride the bear bareback .

#402 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am actively working as part of a global team that is directly responsible for a testing a possible/likely candidates for vaccine (actually multiple).

He wasn't kidding, guys.
    Hilton.pngHilton.png

#403 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

He wasn't kidding, guys.
    [quoted image]

That's some funny shit right there!

#404 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

He wasn't kidding, guys.
    [quoted image]

Lol, I think we're all getting that email. It was the first thing I thought of too.

#405 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I laugh at these rubes who are “stockpiling” liquor.
    I have at least three 1.75 liters of JD at all times. You don’t need to stockpile when you always have a stockpile!

Those are rookie numbers. Swing by the bourbon thread sometime to see what a decent stockpile looks like.

#406 4 years ago
    Quoted from the_quail_man17:

Still planning to be at MGC. I’m not worried

I love an optimist! Nice.

#407 4 years ago
    Quoted from the_quail_man17:

Still planning to be at MGC. I’m not worried.

ain't happening guaranteed

#408 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

ain't happening guaranteed

And it's a shame as the work that goes into preparing for these events is huge. Not much you can do....

#409 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

He wasn't kidding, guys.
    [quoted image]

LMAO!

Ok ok ok...all the shows are back on! Can't argue with these credentials.

#410 4 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

Lol, I think we're all getting that email. It was the first thing I thought of too.

Yeah everybody I've ever bought, rented, or stolen from has sent me the same email the past week.

Thanks Avis! I'm actually considering renting a van this weekend and picking up a game, so nice to know you are disinfecting the Caravans.

#411 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Those are rookie numbers. Swing by the bourbon thread sometime to see what a decent stockpile looks like.

Hey I found reinforcements up top!!

F191497C-4A3E-4BE4-9C8D-7DF9D5F9703B (resized).jpegF191497C-4A3E-4BE4-9C8D-7DF9D5F9703B (resized).jpeg
    #412 4 years ago

I bet it sucks to be a valet or door guy right about now. Or..well a health worker, but they know what they are getting into and will have plenty of work.

#413 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I found reinforcements up top!![quoted image]

Looks like you're also covered if the power goes out or in the unlikely event of a spontaneous Chanukah.

#414 4 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Looks like you're also covered if the power goes out or in the unlikely event of a spontaneous Chanukah.

Ah you spotted the Solo cups!!!

#415 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

bet it sucks to be a valet or door guy

Walmart greeter

#416 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Walmart greeter

Even worse when you think of the average greeter's age.

#417 4 years ago

Wonder what Iceman has to say now? He went from raging against anyone who said there might be a problem...to stone-cold quite. A lot of the deniers seem quiet now. But maybe Iceman just got modded-out of the thread?

#418 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Wonder what Iceman has to say now?

Dealing with fat stocks on the market.

#419 4 years ago

Lots of schools shutting down now

#420 4 years ago

Reality bites

#421 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Wonder what Iceman has to say now? He went from raging against anyone who said there might be a problem...to stone-cold quite. A lot of the deniers seem quiet now. But maybe Iceman just got modded-out of the thread?

He drained all of them. Got modded for saying it as well.

#422 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

He drained all of them. Got modded for saying it as well.

Then who is he yelling at and calling stupid all day?

I hope he isn’t taking it out on his clients!

#423 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Dealing with fat stocks on the market.

When the escalator is going up, everyone wants on. When the elevator is going straight down, everyone wants out.

#424 4 years ago

One really simple thing that we can do to support Ed, Kim and crew is to NOT ask for a refund on pre- registration tickets. They can keep my money to help defray any TPF cancellation costs incurred.
    Wally

#425 4 years ago

Wisconsin Governor just ordered all schools closed until April 5. Not looking promising for MGC at this point.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/education/2020/03/13/wisconsin-closes-schools-under-state-order-during-coronavirus-spread-covid-19-closing/5041184002/

#426 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Wisconsin Governor just ordered all schools closed until April 5....

Takes some balls overruling Hilton!

#427 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Takes some balls overruling Hilton!

Hmm. It sounds like he might not have even been consulted?!?

#428 4 years ago

Mgc just posted they need to convince governor to order the cancel. Otherwise the show will be financially ruined (

#430 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Mgc just posted they need to convince governor to order the cancel. Otherwise the show will be financially ruined

I was afraid of something like that. I hope to governor steps in.

LTG : (

#431 4 years ago
    Quoted from wallybgood:

One really simple thing that we can do to support Ed, Kim and crew is to NOT ask for a refund on pre- registration tickets. They can keep my money to help defray any TPF cancellation costs incurred.
    Wally

This is a great idea. When the Ottawa show was cancelled two years ago due to a freak hurricane, many ticket holders just let it ride to support the organizers. That, plus a go fund me ( to which there were many donations from pinsiders...thanks!) helped ensure the show happened the next year. Buying some swag too would help.

Anyway, everybody be safe and be kind to others. That’s what will get us through this more than anything else.

#432 4 years ago

Nervous yet?

#433 4 years ago

Taken from FB page

"I have just been informed that the City of Milwaukee has officially canceled the 2020 Midwest Gaming Classic. Thank you for helping to make noise to make this occur. We will have further communication as soon as possible, but we agree (hopefully obviously) that this is the right call.

While we are devastated by the loss of this show for this year, the health and safety of our attendees has remained our largest concern. I understand that a lot of people may have questions, and I ask you to bear with us for a few days. Eventually the entire story will come out. In the meantime, I thank you for your support - it is why we do this - and we are hopeful for what lies ahead in the future."

#434 4 years ago
    373DEA6B-85D1-4D36-A734-35D46119D284 (resized).jpeg373DEA6B-85D1-4D36-A734-35D46119D284 (resized).jpeg
    #435 4 years ago

I was really looking forward to Tom Taylor’s, as usual. Inevitable but still a bummer.

#436 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Taken from FB page
    "I have just been informed that the City of Milwaukee has officially canceled the 2020 Midwest Gaming Classic. Thank you for helping to make noise to make this occur. We will have further communication as soon as possible, but we agree (hopefully obviously) that this is the right call.
    While we are devastated by the loss of this show for this year, the health and safety of our attendees has remained our largest concern. I understand that a lot of people may have questions, and I ask you to bear with us for a few days. Eventually the entire story will come out. In the meantime, I thank you for your support - it is why we do this - and we are hopeful for what lies ahead in the future."

Silver lining!

A positive conclusion as I believe this is the conclusion they sought. Helps them greatly financially to have the city call it.

#437 4 years ago

TPF and MGC have both been postponed/cancelled for 2020. Let's drain this topic, eh?

#438 4 years ago
    Quoted from mr2xbass:

TPF and MGC have both been postponed/cancelled for 2020. Let's drain this topic, eh?

No, now we talk about Expo! lol

#439 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

No, now we talk about Expo! lol

Worry about Pinburgh is more likely.

#440 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

I cut way back a few years ago—essentially zero—-and I think I catch less in the way of colds etc. Not sure if I have any science to back that up but seems that way.

It's plausible. Viruses and bacteria love carbs...including alcohol sugars.

It's anecdotal, but I went on the Keto diet and a couple months ago everyone I work with caught the flu passing it around to each other - except for me. I'm going back on the diet.

#441 4 years ago

I talked to Tom. As he does not post on ps here is what he wanted me to post as a direct quote

“Open house is also cancelled. Will work with Dan and honor this years forever tix in the future. Any direct donations to the Rescue Mission would still be very much appreciated.”

#442 4 years ago

I say we all re-up next year. It’s a bargain to play Tom’s collection. The rescue mission and all charity budgets will be reeling from Covid-19, probably for years to come.

#443 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I say we all re-up next year. It’s a bargain to play Tom’s collection. The rescue mission and all charity budgets will be reeling from Covid-19, probably for years to come.

Maybe sell out 2021 date in advance. Like this month. Forego our 2020 tickets. Fuck free.

Post a sale for 2021 now and let's sell that fucker out. Add a 10 dollar "Covid sucks," premium and let's move forward now

I'd buy even with 0 certainty of my ability to go.

#444 4 years ago

As was noted the 2020 Midwest Gaming Classic was canceled today. (edit - its past 230am... I mean yesterday.)

Without a ton of details, today was the most frustrating day of my life. The correct decision was made.

I am personally hurt that there are still people who find it funny and are allowed to direct attacks on show organizers. Midwest Gaming Classic had a lot of backups in place and we were being forced continually into a corner and were told there was no escape. The action tonight changed this for us just in time. I'm sure some of you will be told the story one day.

This will not be true of all shows. I know of at least four other show organizers - not related to our type of show - who have been personally financially ruined this week alone. They will not be able to grant refunds, and people are attacking them personally because of it. It's a terrible situation.

If you purchased tickets to Tom's, we'll be sending you an extra email. The Milwaukee Rescue Mission does rely on those donations and while I would love to cover them, we may not know if we have any spare money for months. If you're willing to purchase for 2021, that's great and we can work that out although I want to figure out how to help out the MRM next year.

This is a crazy time. More to come as I can. Most information will be communicated through our web site, social media, or our mailing lists. If you have a role in the show and have not heard from me directly yet, please understand this will take time.

Thanks for your support.

#445 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

just enjoy the silence!!!

#446 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

As was noted the 2020 Midwest Gaming Classic was canceled today. (edit - its past 230am... I mean yesterday.)
    Without a ton of details, today was the most frustrating day of my life. The correct decision was made.
    I am personally hurt that there are still people who find it funny and are allowed to direct attacks on show organizers. Midwest Gaming Classic had a lot of backups in place and we were being forced continually into a corner and were told there was no escape. The action tonight changed this for us just in time. I'm sure some of you will be told the story one day.
    This will not be true of all shows. I know of at least four other show organizers - not related to our type of show - who have been personally financially ruined this week alone. They will not be able to grant refunds, and people are attacking them personally because of it. It's a terrible situation.
    If you purchased tickets to Tom's, we'll be sending you an extra email. The Milwaukee Rescue Mission does rely on those donations and while I would love to cover them, we may not know if we have any spare money for months. If you're willing to purchase for 2021, that's great and we can work that out although I want to figure out how to help out the MRM next year.
    This is a crazy time. More to come as I can. Most information will be communicated through our web site, social media, or our mailing lists. If you have a role in the show and have not heard from me directly yet, please understand this will take time.
    Thanks for your support.

Sorry to hear this Dan!! Was looking forward to the show as others were to. Onward for 2021!!

#447 4 years ago

I'm saving my tickets for next year, no refunds here. Need to support my favorite arcade show.

#448 4 years ago

Anyone attacking Dan and his team publicly or especially privately needs to get a fucking life.

I couldn't care less about getting a refund. My only thought was I hoped there weren't so many sunk costs that MGC would be done forever. Fortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

#449 4 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

My only thought was I hoped there weren't so many sunk costs that MGC would be done forever. Fortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

As weird as it is to think of now, thank goodness for snow. We increased our emergency plans to better plan for fiscal emergencies. There are a bunch of sunk costs. Shirts for instance I could stop production on and save like 10 percent on them, but I want to use them for next year... So they're in a holding pattern... But the majority of stuff, so long as what happened finally happened, is going to be able to roll to the future.

We were able to pull forward a lot of other things last year and are at least somewhat covered, and we'll find out more there soon.

It sucks, but I'm more worried about my friends who didn't or couldn't have their shows set up similarly. There are huge potential costs with even small shows if the worst case happens. We might be in a loan for a bit, but we're very lucky to have those options.

#450 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

As weird as it is to think of now, thank goodness for snow. We increased our emergency plans to better plan for fiscal emergencies. There are a bunch of sunk costs. Shirts for instance I could stop production on and save like 10 percent on them, but I want to use them for next year... So they're in a holding pattern... But the majority of stuff, so long as what happened finally happened, is going to be able to roll to the future.
    We were able to pull forward a lot of other things last year and are at least somewhat covered, and we'll find out more there soon.
    It sucks, but I'm more worried about my friends who didn't or couldn't have their shows set up similarly. There are huge potential costs with even small shows if the worst case happens. We might be in a loan for a bit, but we're very lucky to have those options.

Shame on the people pressuring you to call it early. Anyone who couldn't understand that there were legal, contractual and insurance concerns to consider shouldn't be so bold with their public demands.

Dan, we appreciate the communication and let us know what we need to do to help next year happen. If you have to change things or resize we will do what we can to help make it happen.

There are 459 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-coronavirus-concerns-for-tpf-amp-mgc/page/9?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.