Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 459 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Promo Screen Shot 5 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 1 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 2 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 3 (resized).png
    IMG_20200314_105806 (resized).jpg
    373DEA6B-85D1-4D36-A734-35D46119D284 (resized).jpeg
    F191497C-4A3E-4BE4-9C8D-7DF9D5F9703B (resized).jpeg
    Hilton.png
    IMG_20191212_201317 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-122325_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200314_031604 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    r9y3meq3d6m41 (resized).jpg
    ESwmm8aUMAADndE (resized).jpg
    D61492F8-C2AB-4591-8E20-6CF871F8D452 (resized).jpeg
    6E55E460-1768-45AF-A40C-51AAD313C2CA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 459 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
    #351 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:Deleted post

No, Just different whistle blowers for different folks... I think it depends on who flags your post as offensive or breaking rules as to whom gets moderated.

#352 4 years ago

Comerica Center just closed till April... that is literally next door to TPF.

#353 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

No, Just different whistle blowers for different folks... I think it depends on who flags your post as offensive or break

Saying this type of thing has gotten me perma-ejected from threads. FYI watch out!

#354 4 years ago

“Our recommendations for events include canceling events with over 250 people,” said Andrea Palm, Secretary-designee for the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. “If your event has less than 250 people, we are currently finalizing guidance on how to think through a decision whether or not to cancel your event.”

......Excerpt From news reporting of Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers conference today on Coronavirus...

#355 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

A large private high school in the Twin Cities just closed because a parent tested for the virus. What’s next?

The county I live in closed all schools through March 20. There were no confirmed cases related to the schools at the time of the decision. You likely meant what's next related to TPF or MGC, but I think it's going to be more and more common.

#356 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

it's not political nor insulting... I just get tired of the "credible people in the scientific community" canard. I used Gore to make a *provable* point. I don't think he's been a politician for a long time. Next time I'll pick someone more to the right to make you happy.
    Speaking of insulting... you implied what I said wasn't true. You may want to do just a touch of research

People state it because the assumption and accusations by many deniers is 'you're sheep getting your info from the media'. It isn't the media. It is the people paid to be experts at this. Very big difference. Even those people don't 100% agree on everything regarding this. If they don't what makes you think some shop owner in Wisconsin is an expert to tell everyone their concern is unwarranted.

#357 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

It was just the first example that came to mind of a publicity stunt... setting a "date" with the backing of the media and "respected scientists". Sure anyone can point to long-term climate trends but even laymen knew this "date" was BS yet a lot of you bought into it hook, line and sinker. Didn't mean to trigger anybody.
    I'm not sure what the percentage would be for junk science. Do you? Just seems like there is a lot more evidence of it today... while I appreciate CA's concern they have carcinogen labels on virtually everything. Even coffee comes with a scary cancer warning.
    Do you believe everything you read?

I don’t have the words right now.

#358 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I don’t have the words right now.

Yeah go check snopes or something. Or don't you believe that either?

I'd watch the coffee too.

#359 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

Yeah go check snopes or something. Or don't you believe that either?
    I'd watch the coffee too.

Check Snopes for what? A warning label on coffee? Or that “a lot of you bought it hook, line and sinker”. That sounds really scientific evidence based. A lot like climate science. Oh yeah, you question the integrity of “a lot of” science.

Ok. Take it ez. I’m done.

#360 4 years ago

The trading firm I work for in Chicago has about 400 employees. They want pretty much everyone working from home starting next week, but a lot of people started today. I actually hate working from home, but my wife is recovering from major surgery, and the last thing I want to do is get her sick.

I really hate the politicization of this. I'm sure if cancelling all these events is actually successful in mitigating the spread, people will later say we overreacted. Big Ten and four other conferences have cancelled their basketball tournaments. I think that's a harbinger for the NCAA tournament getting cancelled this year, which would be crazy. They may be waiting to see how many NBA players end up with the virus.

My father-in-law has been going to the Indy 500 for the last 40 years. I was supposed to go with him this year. 500,000 people in one place? Hmm...

#361 4 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

The trading firm I work for in Chicago has about 400 employees. They want pretty much everyone working from home starting next week, but a lot of people started today. I actually hate working from home, but my wife is recovering from major surgery, and the last thing I want to do is get her sick.
    I really hate the politicization of this. I'm sure if cancelling all these events is actually successful in mitigating the spread, people will later say we overreacted. Big Ten and four other conferences have cancelled their basketball tournaments. I think that's a harbinger for the NCAA tournament getting cancelled this year, which would be crazy. They may be waiting to see how many NBA players end up with the virus.
    My father-in-law has been going to the Indy 500 for the last 40 years. I was supposed to go with him this year. 500,000 people in one place? Hmm...

Careful I got modded for saying this.

#362 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Careful I got modded for saying this.

Really? Which part?

#363 4 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Really? Which part?

The non sports related part.

#364 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

being shut down by local government.

May lead to CC change back's and the show eating that + ticking fees. VS working to get an full refund plan for any one who can't make it / wants to drop out with out being out the cash.

#365 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

People state it because the assumption and accusations by many deniers is 'you're sheep getting your info from the media'. It isn't the media. It is the people paid to be experts at this. Very big difference. Even those people don't 100% agree on everything regarding this. If they don't what makes you think some shop owner in Wisconsin is an expert to tell everyone their concern is unwarranted.

They're PAID to be experts all right. And I usually have no issues. I'm usually skeptical of everything so no offense to anyone.

This only started because it seemed like he was saying "experts" debunked an accidental lab escape. Which happens alarmingly often. Not just in China but in the US and Europe as well. That wouldn't be a "conspiracy" theory at all. It would be sadly typical.

But it's possible he was referring to this "conspiracy" BS about the US or Israel purposely releasing the virus (to tank our own economy lol) so maybe I used the Al Gore embarrassment for nothing. Damn.

Check Snopes for what? A warning label on coffee? Or that “a lot of you bought it hook, line and sinker”. That sounds really scientific evidence based. A lot like climate science. Oh yeah, you question the integrity of “a lot of” science.
    Ok. Take it ez. I’m done.

I don't know what you're upset about. Some guy implied I lied about Gore and then you piled on. I said snopes because even they admit his 2014 doomsday date was bullshit. And yes a lot of people bought into it at the time.
    What's to argue about?

#366 4 years ago

Are they waiting for local government to say no gatherings over xx number people to cover potential liability for costs etc?

#367 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

I'm usually skeptical of everything so no offense to anyone.

Yeah we figured that part out

#368 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah we figured that part out

lol. I really should learn to keep my mouth shut

#369 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

I don't know what you're upset about. Some guy implied I lied about Gore and then you piled on. I said snopes because even they admit his 2014 doomsday date was bullshit. And yes a lot of people bought into it at the time.

Give it another thousand years. It's going to happen.

#370 4 years ago

My email from Robert.

#371 4 years ago
    Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Sad to see if indeed true. I know nothing of what it truly takes to put on a big pinball show, but hope Ed maybe able to push it off a couple months!

#372 4 years ago

If anyone still going to TPF that needs a pass let me know, I have two full weekend passes for the event will transfer them over to you for $ 75.00 can pay via PP.

thanks

#373 4 years ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

If anyone still going to TPF that needs a pass let me know, I have two full weekend passes for the event will transfer them over to you for $ 75.00 can pay via PP.
    thanks

You gonna be like the other guy and post this in 5 different threads?

#374 4 years ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

thanks

my offer is 2 rolls of charmin ultra soft,2-bottles of hand cleaner,1-pack of camel straights.

#376 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

This is the problem nobody cares about. Screw the elderly. Sad.

In the federal government’s eyes, the best Medicare beneficiary isn’t a healthy Medicare beneficiary...the best Medicare beneficiary is a dead one. A healthy one carries a future financial liability. A dead one is off the books.

#377 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

In the federal government’s eyes, the best Medicare beneficiary isn’t a healthy Medicare beneficiary...the best Medicare beneficiary is a dead one. A healthy one carries a future financial liability. A dead one is off the books.

Medicare for all is cheaper then the ER / letting people use the jail / prsion as doctor for last resort and yes your taxes have to cover that.

#378 4 years ago

Any update on MGC . ? I know it is 3 weeks out but j6st wondering....

#379 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

That’s not necessarily true. As Medicare has been far more efficient at containing costs than private insurance for at least 20 years and probably more:

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20190211/NEWS/190219996/medicare-medicaid-contain-costs-better-than-private-insurers-study-says

And you can google this all day long and find tons of articles in media of every stripe (cough, except a couple) every year for about the past 20 that support this.

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I'd consider that weekend to be free on your calendar. Things will only be worse in 3 weeks.

#381 4 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

The Melbourne Grand Prix was cancelled today
    Everyone's stockpiling toilet paper and hand sanitizer , fuck that I'm stockpiling beer and vodka .

#382 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

The Melbourne Grand Prix was cancelled today
    Everyone's stockpiling toilet paper and hand sanitizer , fuck that I'm stockpiling beer and vodka .

I laugh at these rubes who are “stockpiling” liquor.

I have at least three 1.75 liters of JD at all times. You don’t need to stockpile when you always have a stockpile!

#383 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I cannot usually predict the future, but in this case . . .

Come on it's not happening -- time to start concentrating on more important things than when an official announcement of a pinball event cancellation is coming -- like whether now is the time to snag a great deal on a pin or if it would look irresponsible to the rest of your family (try getting your brother to help move a pin to the basement if you want to see people treat you like a crazy person).

#384 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I laugh at these rubes who are “stockpiling” liquor.
    I have at least three 1.75 liters of JD at all times. You don’t need to stockpile when you always have a stockpile!

You call 1.75 litres a stockpile ? Especially if your quarantined at home for two weeks . Maybe you're not an alco like some of us but when the men start to panic , the grog will go , not toilet paper and hand cream .
    But in all seriousness I have brought a bit of extra dog food just in case .

#385 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Wisconsin Department of Health statement from yesterday ...

“Our recommendations for events include canceling events with over 250 people,” said Andrea Palm, Secretary-designee for the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. “If your event has less than 250 people, we are currently finalizing guidance on how to think through a decision whether or not to cancel your event.”

Guess it is up to the organizer yet at this point.

#386 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

You call 1.75 litres a stockpile ? Especially if your quarantined at home for two weeks . Maybe you're not an alco like some of us but when the men start to panic , the grog will go , not toilet paper and hand cream .
    But in all seriousness I have brought a bit of extra dog food just in case.

I am a pretty hard drinker, which many of my posts reveal, but I think this is probably a good time to cut back a little. Alcohol suppresses the immune system and as a guy in his 50’s, I want mine functioning at its peak. I’m relatively healthy, but I’m out of shape and haven’t been feeling tip top of late. Not since returning from SF at the end of February.

#387 4 years ago

Alcohol suppresses the immune system and as a guy in his 50’s

I cut way back a few years ago—essentially zero—-and I think I catch less in the way of colds etc. Not sure if I have any science to back that up but seems that way.

#388 4 years ago

I am a pretty hard drinker, which many of my posts reveal, but I think this is probably a good time to cut back a little. Alcohol suppresses the immune system and as a guy in his 50’s, I want mine functioning at its peak. I’m relatively healthy, but I’m out of shape and haven’t been feeling tip top of late. Not since returning from SF at the end of February.

Sound advice.

I’m just joking anyway. While I DO have the aforementioned stash I’m not a heavy drinker at home which is why I’m so well stocked. Always grabbed a bunch of this stuff at Yankee Liquours at Pintastic and it lasts the year!

That being said a glass of bourbon with dinner can’t hurt, right? Also maybe at lunch, since I’m working at home and all.

#389 4 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Wisconsin Department of Health statement from yesterday ...
    Guess it is up to the organizer yet at this point.

I do recall reading this. So time will tell.

#390 4 years ago

Yes you're right
    Unfortunately for me Homer Simpson was my male role model growing up .

IMG_20200314_031604 (resized).jpgIMG_20200314_031604 (resized).jpg
    #391 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Yes you're right
    Unfortunately for me Homer Simpson was my male role model growing up .[quoted image]

I was more of an Al Bundy type of guy myself..

Screenshot_20200313-122325_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200313-122325_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #392 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

But in all seriousness I have brought a bit of extra dog food just in case .

I hope it does not get that bad that you have to eat Dog Food bro .
    Though... I have not tried it.

#393 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I do recall reading this. So time will tell.

If there was a hungry bear loose on the floor of MGC, and for whatever reason the organizers didn't cancel the event even though the city urged organizers to close events where hungry bears might be in attendance, would you still go?

If the MGC organizer or any organizer chooses to hold an event, even if it's something you're really looking forward to, if you don't think it's worth the risk of being eaten by a hungry bear, then don't go?!

I mean obviously a hungry bear isn't running around The Wisconsin Center, but adjust your risk assessment accordingly.

(I'd rather take my chances with a hungry bear than a microscopic bat-soup-virus, but only because I could run faster than most of you!)

#394 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

I was more of an Al Bundy type of guy myself..[quoted image]

Me too I think that's why I liked Homer so much . Kelly Bundy oh yeah !

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I hope it does not get that bad that you have to eat Dog Food bro .
    Though... I have not tried it.

Ha Ha , the dogs come first , and it's their 3rd Birthday today .

IMG_20191212_201317 (resized).jpgIMG_20191212_201317 (resized).jpg
    #395 4 years ago
    Quoted from okayestpinballer:

If there was a hungry bear loose on the floor of MGC, and for whatever reason the organizers didn't cancel the event even though the city urged organizers to close events where hungry bears might be in attendance, would you still go?
    If the MGC organizer or any organizer chooses to hold an event, even if it's something you're really looking forward to, if you don't think it's worth the risk of being eaten by a hungry bear, then don't go?!
    I mean obviously a hungry bear isn't running around The Wisconsin Center, but adjust your risk assessment accordingly.
    (I'd rather take my chances with a hungry bear than a microscopic bat-soup-virus, but only because I could run faster than most of you!)

A hungry bear running around the convention center is a reason to go.

#396 4 years ago

Still planning to be at MGC. I’m not worried.

#397 4 years ago
    Quoted from the_quail_man17:

I wouldn't make too many plans.

#398 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Ha Ha , the dogs come first , and it's their 3rd Birthday today .

Same here mate, our Dogs would get feed before Us. Happy 3rd Birthday and throw a Steak or Two on for them

#399 4 years ago
    Quoted from the_quail_man17:

If you are still in the belief camp that attending a large gathering of people right now is a good idea, then you are part of the infection problem. Please move to Italy, China, or some other place that previously shared your "lack" of concern for this issue.

#staythefuckhome

#400 4 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

I cannot usually predict the future, but in this case . . .
    Come on it's not happening -- time to start concentrating on more important things than when an official announcement of a pinball event cancellation is coming -- like whether now is the time to snag a great deal on a pin or if it would look irresponsible to the rest of your family (try getting your brother to help move a pin to the basement if you want to see people treat you like a crazy person).

Just planning out , that's all.

There are 459 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-coronavirus-concerns-for-tpf-amp-mgc/page/8?hl=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.