Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 459 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Promo Screen Shot 5 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 1 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 2 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 3 (resized).png
    IMG_20200314_105806 (resized).jpg
    373DEA6B-85D1-4D36-A734-35D46119D284 (resized).jpeg
    F191497C-4A3E-4BE4-9C8D-7DF9D5F9703B (resized).jpeg
    Hilton.png
    IMG_20191212_201317 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-122325_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200314_031604 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    r9y3meq3d6m41 (resized).jpg
    ESwmm8aUMAADndE (resized).jpg
    D61492F8-C2AB-4591-8E20-6CF871F8D452 (resized).jpeg
    6E55E460-1768-45AF-A40C-51AAD313C2CA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 459 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
    #301 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

pinball is a hobby and has zero to do with my need to keep doing my daily life.
    same with side hustling rentals.
    I am actively working as part of a global team that is directly responsible for a testing a possible/likely candidates for vaccine (actually multiple). My job and daily life both financially requires I keep working and socially is more prudent that I continue to work. Sorry, but your doom and gloom assumptions and wildly silly ideas are not founded in actual science or even a basic understanding of microbiology and virology.

Can you state what you’re schooling and work history SPECIFICALLY IN microbiology and virology is please? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

Go ahead. I’m waiting.......

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Can you state what you’re schooling and work history SPECIFICALLY IN microbiology and virology is please? Or are you just talking out of your ass?
    Go ahead. I’m waiting.......

You can look him up on LinkedIn if you want. He does work in the pharmacology industry in Madison, WI.

Doesn't mean his "It's just the flu, bro!"opinion is shared by the rest of the world though...

r9y3meq3d6m41 (resized).jpgr9y3meq3d6m41 (resized).jpg
    #303 4 years ago
    Quoted from okayestpinballer:

He does work in the pharmacology industry in Madison, WI.

So you're saying he should clearly know better.

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Based on his posting history here, even if what he said was true, would you believe him?

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

A lot of "credible people in the scientific community" also backed Al Gore's claim the many parts of the world would soon be completely underwater. People trusted that too. Problem is that it was supposed to happen by 2015.
    Let's face it... the constant quest for grant money and publicity has reduced a lot of credible science to "junk science" status.
    But that's a discussion for another time.
    In any case it does seem irresponsible to have these events this year.

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? So, despite climate change being very real, with a measurable rising of the seas and a pretty good assurance that a not insignificant amount of south Florida WILL be underwater this century, you’re saying that because Al Gore got the date wrong “a lot” of science is just junk now?

Oh my.

#306 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Based on his posting history here, even if what he said was true, would you believe him?

Of course not. This is just yet the latest example of him making false and misleading comments that are 100% wrong and not based in actual facts. He loves to spew his dumb opinions as fact. Sorta like someone else I was watching speak live on TV last night.

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

He does have a certain knack for going against the grain when it comes to responding to past Pindemics such as Predator, JPOP, etc.

#308 4 years ago

You win Pinside today... lol

#309 4 years ago

2nd NBA player now confirmed positive. As the players get tested, more will be confirmed positive.

NCAA tournament is now playing in empty arenas.

But by all means, attend TPF and share flipper buttons with notoriously unclean crowds, stand elbow to elbow next to players and wait in long lines packed stomach to back with people.

#310 4 years ago

NFL draft event cancelled. The lack of communication from TPF and Ed is troubling at best

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from scruffypinball:

The lack of communication from TPF and Ed is troubling at best

Hanging on by their fingernails in hopes this thing will blow over in the next couple weeks? In defense of show organizers, if they cancel now and it DOES blow over, you can’t un-cancel. And there may be huge financial implications with regard to voluntarily backing out of a venue vs. being shut down by local government.

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? So, despite climate change being very real, with a measurable rising of the seas and a pretty good assurance that a not insignificant amount of south Florida WILL be underwater this century, you’re saying that because Al Gore got the date wrong “a lot” of science is just junk now?
    Oh my.

It was just the first example that came to mind of a publicity stunt... setting a "date" with the backing of the media and "respected scientists". Sure anyone can point to long-term climate trends but even laymen knew this "date" was BS yet a lot of you bought into it hook, line and sinker. Didn't mean to trigger anybody.

I'm not sure what the percentage would be for junk science. Do you? Just seems like there is a lot more evidence of it today... while I appreciate CA's concern they have carcinogen labels on virtually everything. Even coffee comes with a scary cancer warning.

Do you believe everything you read?

#313 4 years ago

NFL draft event cancelled. The lack of communication from TPF and Ed is troubling at best

They are in a pretty hard situation, so I'm willing to cut them a bit of slack for a few days.

Unless local/federal government bans gatherings or the event venue allows them to move the event with little to no penalty, this could be pretty critical and they need to take a bit to figure out the best options for them just as we need to do for us.

Logistics and costs for these events are incredibly complex and costly and I don't envy show promoters in these uncertain times.

#314 4 years ago

Stern Pro Circuit Championships cancelled due to Coronavirus.

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

They are in a pretty hard situation, so I'm willing to cut them a bit of slack for a few days.
    Unless local/federal government bans gatherings or the event venue allows them to move the event with little to no penalty, this could be pretty critical and they need to take a bit to figure out the best options for them just as we need to do for us.
    Logistics and costs for these events are incredibly complex and costly and I don't envy show promoters in these uncertain times.

some people seem incapable of that understanding and perspective.

some people also seem hell bent and wont be happy until it is cancelled for their own personal motives.

I am guessing nothing gets canceled until mandated by other sources.
    Either way, this fear and doom could end up killing the 2 best shows in pinball and likley most of the damage is already in motion.

#316 4 years ago

The way things are going I think it's just a matter of when, not if, they cancel TPF.

#317 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Well, that sure is being a leader and putting the health and safety of others ahead of personal finacial gain.

#318 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

some people also seem hell bent and wont be happy until it is cancelled for their own personal motives.

Who exactly has personal motives to get beloved pinball shows cancelled, and what might those motives be? Just once it’d be cool to back up the unsubstantiated fairy tales you conjure from thin air.

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

likley most of the damage is already in motion.

The damage is the economy... no doubt the surge in pinball popularity and sales have been driven by the flood of disposable income provided by the booming bull markets. The shows have received the benefit of that surge as well. Will cancelling TPF kill it? Who’s to say, but we are going to be seeing less pinball this year because of this virus, that’s for sure.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

The damage is the economy... no doubt the surge in pinball popularity and sales have been driven by the flood of disposable income provided by the booming bull markets. The shows have received the benefit of that surge as well. Will cancelling TPF kill it? Who’s to say, but we are going to be seeing less pinball this year because of this virus, that’s for sure.

Disposable income is going to dry up quickly.

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

some people seem incapable of that understanding and perspective.
    Either way, this fear and doom could end up killing the 2 best shows in pinball and likley most of the damage is already in motion.

Ah yes, my personal motive of wanting to cancel my travel plans and go to tpf to enjoy one of my favorite events.

You’re a cancer to this web site

#322 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Who exactly has personal motives to get beloved pinball shows cancelled, and what might those motives be? Just once it’d be cool to back up the unsubstantiated fairy tales you conjure from thin air.

Right? This sounds INSANE to me. My personal motives are my father, my mother and anyone else who has s chance of DIEING.

Man chastize me all you want for saying it but when you are making an argument between people having to choose between well-being versus pinball ... well sorry but let me be clear. Fuck pinball in this case.

#323 4 years ago

That's not fair.... He is more like Herpes...... Good for awhile, then suddenly a random flair up, and then suspended from the site for awhile to clear out, rinse and repeat......

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

That's not fair.... He is more like Herpes...... Good for awhile, then suddenly a random flair up, and then suspended from the site for awhile to clear out, rinse and repeat......

Can Herpes be cured ? I'll send money for research.

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Can Herpes be cured ? I'll send money for research.

If this site could use a GoFundMe for anything right now, this might be it.... LOL

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If this site could use a GoFundMe for anything right now, this might be it.... LOL

Bold assumption that the majority of people on here are getting laid

#327 4 years ago

How can the Coronavirus bring us together as a nation, if we're being told to socially distance ourselves from others?
    images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#328 4 years ago

Whats the angst regarding an official announcement of a cancellation of pinball shows -- seems like the absolute bottom of the worry barrel to me. Obviously these shows aren't happening -- and no one has to go even if they aren't cancelled. Is it worry over the economic value of your tickets if you pre-ordered? Sorry if I missed something earlier in the thread, but is there a reason an official announcement is a big deal right now?

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

is there a reason an official announcement is a big deal right now?

What else are we going to argue about?

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Bold assumption that the majority of people on here are getting laid

Have you seen the pictures in the car club thread? Some of these rides have to counterbalance the fact that we have rooms full of pinball machines....

#331 4 years ago

The college league (Big Ten,SEC,etc) basketball tournaments are being cancelled as I type.

#332 4 years ago

He strikes me more as a Sagittarius.

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

That's funny right there.

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Why they changed the name of Level 257.

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Hot Wheels?!? Not bloody likely...

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am actively working as part of a global team that is directly responsible for a testing a possible/likely candidates for vaccine (actually multiple).

I don't know if this is the best way to get people to come to a pinball event you are at

#337 4 years ago

NHL and MLB suspended. People are going to have a lot of time to play pinball, at least in their homes if not in public.

#338 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Are you people Fing serious?

Do you stop going to events due to the normal Flu? If no, then why would CovN19 stop you?!??!?!!!?

math... how does it work...

COVID-19: Approximately 3,653 deaths reported worldwide; 17 deaths in the U.S., as of Mar. 8, 2020.

Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

It is the ignorance of people like Hilton that will result in this virus spreading like wildfire. Remember, he is the same person that said don't worry about SkitB and Heighway, your money is safe! How did that work out for everyone?

I would be completely shocked if TPF is not cancelled and I believe it should be...if it does take place, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone that attended had to be quarantined afterwards as someone that went will be diagnosed with it. China got it under control as the Chinese people actually listen when the government tells them not to go out, here everyone is too nonchalant about it.

Its not worth the risk, especially if you have young kids at home or have elderly parents and friends that you interact with.

If it does happen, I am sure many vendors and people that bring games will back out and the show will suffer...best to cancel it now while people have a chance to get some of their money back.

Just my 2 cents.

#339 4 years ago

They should cancel TPF just to be safe and reschedule for later in the year. Sucks but should be done.

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from eharan:

It is the ignorance of people like Hilton that will result in this virus spreading like wildfire. Remember, he is the same person that said don't worry about SkitB and Heighway, your money is safe! How did that work out for everyone?
    I would be completely shocked if TPF is not cancelled and I believe it should be...if it does take place, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone that attended had to be quarantined afterwards as someone that went will be diagnosed with it. China got it under control as the Chinese people actually listen when the government tells them not to go out, here everyone is too nonchalant about it.
    Its not worth the risk, especially if you have young kids at home or have elderly parents and friends that you interact with.
    If it does happen, I am sure many vendors and people that bring games will back out and the show will suffer...best to cancel it now while people have a chance to get some of their money back.
    Just my 2 cents.

Even in a communist dictatorship some didn't want to obey. They got steel poles jacked up against their doors to forcibly self-quarantine. I think of this when I read yet another story about yet *another* selfish prick that decided to go to a social event after being diagnosed and told to isolate themselves.

I don't think H thought that comment through before he posted it... obviously if you have contact with elderly parents or will be around anyone else in that same situation (which could be anyone) you'll curtail all group outings for the foreseeable future. Certainly not just pinball events. Sucks but it's the prudent thing to do.

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

Whats the angst regarding an official announcement of a cancellation of pinball shows -- seems like the absolute bottom of the worry barrel to me. Obviously these shows aren't happening -- and no one has to go even if they aren't cancelled. Is it worry over the economic value of your tickets if you pre-ordered? Sorry if I missed something earlier in the thread, but is there a reason an official announcement is a big deal right now?

Only argument i can make is that some vendors or larger companies expose their employees to unnecessary health risks by going through with the show. I understand people are free to leave a job, but it's a crappy situation if you need to choose between your health and your job.

#343 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Step 4) Make her open the box

5. Think outside the box.

#344 4 years ago

A large private high school in the Twin Cities just closed because a parent tested for the virus. What’s next?

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

I don't think H thought that comment through before he posted it...

Yeah what else is new.

The willful ignorance on display is breathtaking, as is the denial.

THIS SUMMER IS TOAST. Accept it people. No sports. No political rallies. No phish concerts. No pinball shows. No Mensa meetings (except here of course.)

It sucks but we are all going to have to accept, and adapt. The people regurgitating dumb memes and completely irrelevant disease/sickness/car accident whatabouts are just gonna look dumber every single day. I don't see the point of it.

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THIS SUMMER IS TOAST. Accept it people. No sports. No political rallies. No phish concerts. No pinball shows. It sucks but we are all going to have to accept, and adapt.

I have air conditioning, a brand new turntable cartridge, and Jurassic Park 1.0 code. Bring it on.

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I have air conditioning, a brand new turntable cartridge, and Jurassic Park 1.0 code. Bring it on.

What time should I be over? The Superdawg might be cold, but you have a microwave.

There are 459 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-coronavirus-concerns-for-tpf-amp-mgc/page/7?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.