Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 459 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Promo Screen Shot 5 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 1 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 2 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 3 (resized).png
    IMG_20200314_105806 (resized).jpg
    373DEA6B-85D1-4D36-A734-35D46119D284 (resized).jpeg
    F191497C-4A3E-4BE4-9C8D-7DF9D5F9703B (resized).jpeg
    Hilton.png
    IMG_20191212_201317 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-122325_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200314_031604 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    r9y3meq3d6m41 (resized).jpg
    ESwmm8aUMAADndE (resized).jpg
    D61492F8-C2AB-4591-8E20-6CF871F8D452 (resized).jpeg
    6E55E460-1768-45AF-A40C-51AAD313C2CA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 459 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #252 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

VIG has not sold out.
    You can use those tickets this year, or in 2021, or in 2022, 2023, or whatever. Gary and I will be sending a direct communication to you later tonight as we realized the swag bag stuff creates some difficulty on our end. You'll be given options about that too.
    Edited - and I should add, yes, you can transfer them at any time also.

Then I'll hang onto them, should VIG sell out, I'd be willing to sell them. I'm sure it's been a stressful year for the MGC guys, so please buy from them.

#253 4 years ago

I’m selling 2 weekend passes to TPF for $110. Please let me know if you’re interested.

#254 4 years ago

Going on a cruise for spring break.
    Excited. I love the buffett.

DAx2wDI (resized).jpgDAx2wDI (resized).jpg
    #255 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Excited. I love the buffett.[quoted image]

A three hour tour?

#256 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Excited. I love the buffett.[quoted image]

Be safe.

4524277A-2E2B-4A4E-B2E4-1CD13FEDCB54 (resized).jpeg4524277A-2E2B-4A4E-B2E4-1CD13FEDCB54 (resized).jpeg
    #257 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

A three hour tour?

More like a 30-60 days when quarantine on the ship is included to the cruise itenerary.

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Official Midwest Gaming Classic statement. It's on our social media platforms and will be emailed to all current ticketholders within a few hours:
    We wanted to give you a brief update about the Midwest Gaming Classic due to the recent uncertainty caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We have been working with local health and government officials, and together we believe the Midwest Gaming Classic will proceed as planned, with additional precautions based on the current best practices at the time of the show. If there are any changes, we will communicate with you as soon as possible.
    We understand people may be concerned about buying tickets for the event due to this uncertainty. To ensure that you feel confident in your purchase all tickets sold for the 2020 Midwest Gaming Classic that are unused will be honored at any future Midwest Gaming Classic event - no expiration. Additionally, all Midwest Gaming Classic tickets are fully transferrable. In the case of a cancellation, refunds would be offered.
    We thank you for your continued support.

You should listen to the recent Joe Rogan and Sam Harris podcast interviews (particularly the Sam
    Harris) of high-level ID scholar scientists. These aren’t politicians taking their cues from a larger entity that refuses to embrace science... these are hard charging scholars that have devoted their lives to studying disease and data related to disease.

Frankly, there are so many unknowns at this point, why error on the side of wrong? It’s not just to keep you from getting sick or some pinhead that doesn’t believe in proper personal hygiene from playing Bad Cats for 1,000th time... it’s to keep the contagion strain from spreading and creating new vectors that can carry the disease to people that are much more susceptible to death. I hope you come to the conclusion that taking proper precautions and delaying large social events is the socially prudent thing to do.

See: Italy.

#259 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

You should listen to the recent Joe Rogan and Sam Harris podcast interviews (particularly the Sam
    Harris) of high-level ID scholar scientists. These aren’t politicians taking their cues from a larger entity that refuses to embrace science... these are hard charging scholars that have devoted their lives to studying disease and data related to disease.
    Frankly, there are so many unknowns at this point, why error on the side of wrong? It’s not just to keep you from getting sick or some pinhead that doesn’t believe in proper personal hygiene from playing Bad Cats for 1,000th time... it’s to keep the contagion strain from spreading and creating new vectors that can carry the disease to people that are much more susceptible to death. I hope you come to the conclusion that taking proper precautions and delaying large social events is the socially prudent thing to do.
    See: Italy.

I am not, nor have we been taking our cues from the Federal government. Your statement about why err on the side of wrong is exactly correct. Those same officials, who are in direct contact with "high level ID scholar scientists" as you state are taking their cues from them. Their belief right now is that our show is out far enough that we will receive more information before that point, and they can best determine the best practices to contain the threat. As I've mentioned, this information could change in one hour, one day, or one week based on the changes occurring.

We did come to the conclusion that taking proper precautions is the socially prudent thing to do. That's why we're actively in touch with these local officials who are taking cues from scientists who are actively working on this daily and are listening to them on this matter. We will continue to do so. If things change and we are told we should not operate for any reason, there will be no complaints on our side.

#260 4 years ago

Hey Dan, I'm not making it to MGC this year for unrelated reasons, but I appreciate your measured response and fair treatment to passholders. MGC was one of my favorite parts of living in the Milwaukee area back when I lived in Wisconsin and it's what got me into pinball, thanks for all you do!

#261 4 years ago

If it weren’t for the money more stuff would be shut down.. Think about how serious it is, if they ARE shutting some things down already...Maybe? Who knows.

Editted:spelling

#262 4 years ago

If you do go to a non-essential public gathering, make sure to bring your ticket stub with you to the hospital, so that you can be served dead last.

https://staythefuckhome.com/

#263 4 years ago
    6E55E460-1768-45AF-A40C-51AAD313C2CA (resized).jpeg6E55E460-1768-45AF-A40C-51AAD313C2CA (resized).jpeg
    #264 4 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

If it weren’t for the money more stuff would be shut down.. Think about how serious it is, if they ARE shutting some things down already...Maybe? Who knows.
    Editted:spelling

March Madness will be played without fans and rumors are the NBA will follow by this weekend.

In light of what is happening, I dont see any way a arcade/pinball expo with any significant amount of people happens this year. Not trying to beca debbie downer but this is basically reality at this point.

Thank the Chinese government and their negligence allowing medieval type wild animal markets to continue on unregulated since the SARS outbreak (same source - wild animal markets - as covid19) for giving this to the world.

#265 4 years ago

St Pattys parade in NYC cancelled for the first time in 258 years.

#266 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

St Pattys parade in NYC cancelled for the first time in 258 years.

That's a fucking bonus.

#267 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

March Madness will be played without fans and rumors are the NBA will follow by this weekend.

Nba done

#268 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

In light of what is happening, I dont see any way a arcade/pinball expo with any significant amount of people happens this year. Not trying to beca debbie downer but this is basically reality at this point.
    Thank the Chinese government and their negligence allowing medieval type wild animal markets to continue on unregulated since the SARS outbreak (same source - wild animal markets - as covid19) for giving this to the world.

Wild animal markets... right.

Not the BSL-4 lab miles away researching mutated strains of corona and definitely has nothing to do with the first-of-its-kind corona virus in nature found with a SARS protein.

Bat soup.. lol. Right.

#269 4 years ago

I canceled all my TPF plans.
    Not worth my health.

Stay safe friends.

#270 4 years ago
    Quoted from frankmac:

I canceled all my TPF plans.
    Not worth my health.
    Stay safe friends.

Of course it isn't. Good call.

#271 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Not the BSL-4 lab miles away researching mutated strains of corona and definitely has nothing to do with the first-of-its-kind corona virus in nature found with a SARS protein.
    Bat soup.. lol. Right.

I think I believe multiple world wide scientists instead of Rush Limbaugh or politicians who are promoting the bioweapon theory.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2020/3/4/21156607/how-did-the-coronavirus-get-started-china-wuhan-lab

#272 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Bat soup.. lol. Right.

Yes they've had 4 leaks of SARS in the last decade. Happens with all these labs... best safety records are in Europe then followed by the US.

Very coincidental that they had pre-submitted papers on bat flu to present to the upcoming Harvard conference later in the year.

And the horseshoe bat is present all over China... as are these open air markets. So why there specifically? Who knows.

All countries work on strains that could be considered "bio-warfare" btw. This does show how difficult they would be to use without sickening your own people in the process.

#273 4 years ago

If anyone wants to make some easy money in this bear market, I’m willing to bet a decent chuck of change that neither of these shows will run as currently scheduled.

Got a reality check tonight, as a huge NBA fan. I’m on the fence about just going to pinball league this weekend. Can I risk bringing a virus home to the family? Next 48 hours will hopefully provide strong evidence one way or the other.

#274 4 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

I think I believe multiple world wide scientists instead of Rush Limbaugh or politicians who are promoting the bioweapon theory.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2020/3/4/21156607/how-did-the-coronavirus-get-started-china-wuhan-lab

I've never once listened to Rush or any other podcast or talk show.

I read.

I am actually more curious if Rush actually perpetuated what I just said and even more so... how you would know about it

#275 4 years ago

The open live markets allow for the spread, but why asia (usually) is the start for all the bad flu's and viruses is the cohabitation of pork and chickens in open settings. Here in the US our pork and chicken industries are kept seperate, but in asia there is a lot of local sustenance farming and animal husbandry that allows the two to live in close proximatey. This provides a massive "mutation" farm to exist in Asia, thus bird flu will jump to porcine, or bat, or what ever other animals are being kept.

#276 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

The open live markets allow for the spread, but why asia (usually) is the start for all the bad flu's and viruses is the cohabitation of pork and chickens in open settings. Here in the US our pork and chicken industries are kept seperate, but in asia there is a lot of local sustenance farming and animal husbandry that allows the two to live in close proximatey. This provides a massive "mutation" farm to exist in Asia, thus bird flu will jump to porcine, or bat, or what ever other animals are being kept.

I have different „facts“!!!

D61492F8-C2AB-4591-8E20-6CF871F8D452 (resized).jpegD61492F8-C2AB-4591-8E20-6CF871F8D452 (resized).jpeg
    #277 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Bat soup.. lol. Right.

Kinda like Lyme Disease "escape from Plum Island" Does make you wonder what and why our mad scientists are playing with.

#278 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Kinda like Lyme Disease "escape from Plum Island" Does make you wonder what and why our mad scientists are playing with.

Hopefully they square this away before tick season kicks in...a big beer company definitely doesn't want all the headlines to read Corona & Lyme.

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

I've never once listened to Rush or any other podcast or talk show.
    I read.
    I am actually more curious if Rush actually perpetuated what I just said and even more so... how you would know about it

I dont listen to Rush either but in the link I posted it says Rush and a Senator from AK were both pushing the bio weapon theory.

Many more credible people in the scientific community have debunked this theory so I was saying I trust them more than the the politicians or the entertainment media.

#280 4 years ago

Don’t see how any major pinball event should continue as scheduled when all other major events are being cancelled across the country.

Those other events, the attendees are just observers of the event action. Pinball? Everyone’s filthy mitts are touching every germ ridden surface.

Irresponsible to carry on like nothing is happening ...even if YOU don’t think it’s a concern.

#281 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I’m on the fence about just going to pinball league this weekend. Can I risk bringing a virus home to the family? Next 48 hours will hopefully provide strong evidence one way or the other.

We canceled our league session that was was supposed to play tonight. Was it the right choice? Yes. If this all blows over quickly, we just change the date of finals and extend the season to make it up. Why mess around with something so serious?

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

I dont listen to Rush either but in the link I posted it says Rush and a Senator from AK were both pushing the bio weapon theory.
    Many more credible people in the scientific community have debunked this theory so I was saying I trust them more than the the politicians or the entertainment media.

A lot of "credible people in the scientific community" also backed Al Gore's claim the many parts of the world would soon be completely underwater. People trusted that too. Problem is that it was supposed to happen by 2015.

Let's face it... the constant quest for grant money and publicity has reduced a lot of credible science to "junk science" status.

But that's a discussion for another time.

In any case it does seem irresponsible to have these events this year.

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

A lot of "credible people in the scientific community" also backed Al Gore's claim the many parts of the world would soon be completely underwater. People trusted that too. Problem is that it was supposed to happen by 2015.
    Let's face it... the constant quest for grant money and publicity has reduced a lot of credible science to "junk science" status.
    But that's a discussion for another time.
    In any case it does seem irresponsible to have these events this year.

I don’t get this statement. Why bring Al Gore into it? Why give a sideways insult, before saying something true? The true part is that it seems irresponsible to have these events this year. But the whole first part just seemed like trying to make a political point. It’s a common saying that everything before the word “but” is bulls&$t.

#284 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Those other events, the attendees are just observers of the event action. Pinball? Everyone’s filthy mitts are touching every germ ridden surface.

ever touch a door handle or anything else that every person touches?

Sorry, but pinball is no different than everything you touch every single day.

Seriously, go count how many objects you touch in your daily life that anyone else has touched. Pinball is just another object.
    Reality is that pinball likely harbors more germs but could actually have decreased chance of transmission for all sorts of other microbiology reasons.

#285 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I don’t get this statement. Why bring Al Gore into it? Why give a sideways insult, before saying something true? The true part is that it seems irresponsible to have these events this year. But the whole first part just seemed like trying to make a political point. It’s a common saying that everything before the word “but” is bulls&$t.

it's not political nor insulting... I just get tired of the "credible people in the scientific community" canard. I used Gore to make a *provable* point. I don't think he's been a politician for a long time. Next time I'll pick someone more to the right to make you happy.

Speaking of insulting... you implied what I said wasn't true. You may want to do just a touch of research

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

ever touch a door handle or anything else that every person touches?
    Sorry, but pinball is no different than everything you touch every single day.
    Seriously, go count how many objects you touch in your daily life that anyone else has touched. Pinball is just another object.
    Reality is that pinball likely harbors more germs but could actually have decreased chance of transmission for all sorts of other microbiology reasons.

“I run a pinball route and want people to keep playing so I’ll downplay legitimate concerns with bad comparisons”

I’m pretty sure I don’t HAVE to play pinball or go to tpf. It’s called risk mitigation.

You know all about risk mitigation- remember how you refuse to rent to anyone making under the median income level when you decide to rent your homes?

#287 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

it's not political nor insulting... I just get tired of the "credible people in the scientific community" canard. I used Gore to make a provable point. Next time I'll pick someone more to the right to make you happy.
    Sorry what I said was so hurtful you had to insult me with "bullshit" by the way. I've never heard that "saying"

Al Gore invented pinball

#288 4 years ago

The water level IS rising, slowly yet but increasingly fast and menmade.

#289 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Al Gore invented pinball

Fucking hell.
    This would make a good shirt.

#290 4 years ago
    Quoted from scruffypinball:

“I run a pinball route and want people to keep playing so I’ll downplay legitimate concerns with bad comparisons”
    I’m pretty sure I don’t HAVE to play pinball or go to tpf. It’s called risk mitigation.
    You know all about risk mitigation- remember how you refuse to rent to anyone making under the median income level when you decide to rent your homes?

pinball is a hobby and has zero to do with my need to keep doing my daily life.
    same with side hustling rentals.

I am actively working as part of a global team that is directly responsible for a testing a possible/likely candidates for vaccine (actually multiple). My job and daily life both financially requires I keep working and socially is more prudent that I continue to work. Sorry, but your doom and gloom assumptions and wildly silly ideas are not founded in actual science or even a basic understanding of microbiology and virology.

#291 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am actively working as part of a global team that is directly responsible for a testing a possible/likely candidates for vaccine (actually multiple). My job and daily life both financially requires I keep working and socially is more prudent that I continue to work. Sorry, but your doom and gloom assumptions and wildly silly ideas are not founded in actual science or even a basic understanding of microbiology and virology.

You should go talk to the nba, e3, NCAA, the country of Italy, Donald Trump, the continent of Europe and others.

#292 4 years ago
    Quoted from scruffypinball:

That‘s... (while understandable) a shit move.

#293 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Does all that mean you volunteered to host the virus for research? I know there is a lab in London offering 4.5K.

https://www.odditycentral.com/pics/london-lab-offers-people-4500-to-get-voluntarily-infected-with-coronavirus.html

Have they started that up here too?

#294 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am actively working as part of a global team that is directly responsible for a testing a possible/likely candidates for vaccine (actually multiple).

And you're doing an excellent job.

ESwmm8aUMAADndE (resized).jpgESwmm8aUMAADndE (resized).jpg
    #295 4 years ago
    Quoted from okayestpinballer:

And you're doing an excellent job.[quoted image]

lol. I saw that pic yesterday. Poor guy doesn't look too happy about his job.

#296 4 years ago

1: Cut a hole in a box

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from toastbot:

1: Cut a hole in a box

Step 2: put your junk in that box

Who is next?

#298 4 years ago
    Quoted from frankmac:

Step 2: put your junk in that box
    Who is next?

Step 3: profit?

#299 4 years ago

Step 4) Make her open the box

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Bat soup.. lol. Right.

I get your point. Given the rogue government that rules China, who knows what we should believe at this point.

I’ve heard that people that work in these labs have been known to sell lab animals to the idiots that run these wild animal markets in the past so who knows. Either way, the Chinese government bears a significant amount of responsibility due to negligence for this disaster.

When it is all said and done and this dark period in world history is over, I hope nations of the world confront China and demand change if they want to continue to be part of the global economic community.

There are 459 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-coronavirus-concerns-for-tpf-amp-mgc/page/6?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.