Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 459 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Promo Screen Shot 5 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 1 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 2 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 3 (resized).png
    IMG_20200314_105806 (resized).jpg
    373DEA6B-85D1-4D36-A734-35D46119D284 (resized).jpeg
    F191497C-4A3E-4BE4-9C8D-7DF9D5F9703B (resized).jpeg
    Hilton.png
    IMG_20191212_201317 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-122325_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200314_031604 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    r9y3meq3d6m41 (resized).jpg
    ESwmm8aUMAADndE (resized).jpg
    D61492F8-C2AB-4591-8E20-6CF871F8D452 (resized).jpeg
    6E55E460-1768-45AF-A40C-51AAD313C2CA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 459 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
    #201 4 years ago

Move the festivals onto a cruise ship and up the number of days to 14. If after 14 days you test negative, you can get off the ship.

Will your average bottle of hand-sanitizer fit in a PinGulp?

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Move the festivals onto a cruise ship and up the number of days to 14. If after 14 days you test negative, you can get off the ship.

Probably many cruise ships in dry dock right now that could be leased on the cheap for a big tourney. Who is in?

#203 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Big outbreak at TPF sure would bring the used pinball market back to normal prices. So many pins would flood the market.

would certainly get pinball in the news, not sure any one would ever touch a pinball machine again but at least it would get some attention

#204 4 years ago

I have a weekend pass for 50 bucks if anyone’s interested. Big home repair needed unfortunately. Just pm

#206 4 years ago

I see France has outlawed any public gatherings of 1,000 or more people.

Didn't stop the annual dress like a smurf day.

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I see France has outlawed any public gatherings of 1,000 or more people.
    Didn't stop the annual dress like a smurf day.

If they do this in the US, the Pittsburgh Pirates and San Jose Sharks games will be unaffected.

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I am not that surprised at the government response thus far. It is a direct response to the panic put forth by the local and national news media, social media, and other media that is really only doing this because it is an opportunity to make THEM HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS A DAY. All mentioned sources are involved because it's the best way to put their ideas about how to run things into the spotlight and to drum up support for their ways of thinking. Same old song and dance over the last 100 years.

Funny enough, in response to the Spanish flu, the US government did not want the media writing negative news, so both downplayed the severity and millions died. Granted, that was 101 years ago. Still, a cautionary tale.

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

If they do this in the US, the Pittsburgh Pirates and San Jose Sharks games will be unaffected.

BOOM!

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

This was an outstanding post, and spot on in my opinion.
    Ultimately, when we operate just based on fear, we don't make the best decisions. Understanding that there are experts out there who have a better grasp of the problem and trusting them to do their job is important.
    None of us on this board - myself included - have as much information about the current outbreak and it's risks to the Milwaukee area than the Mayor of Milwaukee. If he - with the consultation of his experts in the city and across the state - tell me that there is no reason to cancel the MGC, what information could I bring that would possibly supercede that?
    Individuals have to make their own risk assessment about attending.
    Fear is almost never a good thing. Information, risk calculation, and precautionary steps are. With more information and risk calculation, better plans can emerge. While it doesn't seem like it, there is a lot of time between then and now, and I expect we'll have a lot of developments in that time. The experts who I am talking to expect there to be significantly more data this week, and then the following week will allow us to start having a plan to combat the spread, and the following week we'll start to get data on if it's working.
    That's *right at* showtime, so we should know a lot more by then, and then decisions will be made based on that information.

Agreed. The government seems to have for the moment ceded the response to business owners. This I fear opens a business who was operating with their best knowledge to liability for future viral infection issues. That's a scary and strange spot to be.

Thank you goatdan I really appreciate your input and vigilance in keeping MGC2020 going. I agree with you and hope we all get to enjoy what you & your team have put a lot of time into organizing!

#212 4 years ago

multiple people have stated that WHO is biased and can't be trusted. (not saying I agree, but...ya...so there's that).

#213 4 years ago

Anyone tested to see if hand sanitizer takes the ink off of cabinet decals? I imagine the silkscreened cabinets will be fine, but the decal ink is likely alcohol soluble.

#214 4 years ago
    Lab-Test-Thigh-Tattoo (resized).jpgLab-Test-Thigh-Tattoo (resized).jpg
    #215 4 years ago

Those reports out of Italy sound brutal.

#216 4 years ago

National Guard deployed in NY now, but hey let’s all go touch dirty pinballs at a show.

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Funny enough, in response to the Spanish flu, the US government did not want the media writing negative news, so both downplayed the severity and millions died. Granted, that was 101 years ago. Still, a cautionary tale.

Well, while true, the practice of medicine was completely different. Viruses wouldn’t be discover for a decade and no where did they talk about washing hands. In fact they probably still practiced bloodletting.

#218 4 years ago
    Quoted from ctl723:

Anyone tested to see if hand sanitizer takes the ink off of cabinet decals? I imagine the silkscreened cabinets will be fine, but the decal ink is likely alcohol soluble.

After I host events at my house I wipe down every common hand placement on my machines with Clorox wipes. I've been doing it for many years. All of my modern Stern games have the mylar flipper protectors on them. I figure if I'm causing a bit of extra fading there, tough. At the end of the world I'll be trading the games for toilet paper anyway. So who will care if they try to haggle the price down by one roll.

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

National Guard deployed in NY now, but hey let’s all go touch dirty pinballs at a show.

Since Jody G keeps voting me down this buds for you. Lol
    TPF will be canceled.

#220 4 years ago

How jiggle joints are handling the corona-virus.

A Tampa, Florida, strip club, Deja Vu Showgirls, is reportedly giving out 10,000 free face masks to customers, while Las Vegas’ Little Darlings is distributing 50,000 bottles of hand sanitizer for free to paying customers, reports TMZ. Meanwhile, Larry Flynt’s Hustler Club in Las Vegas released a kinky PSA urging people to wash their hands.
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/10/how-nyc-strip-clubs-are-handling-the-coronavirus-outbreak/

#221 4 years ago

What is the number of confirmed insidents in the U.S so far?

#222 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I am married to a wonderful woman who just happens to be a great Physician. This is the link she posted to her patient base.
    https://www.kxly.com/i/virology-expert-coronavirus-mortality-keeps-coming-down/?fbclid=IwAR0BqXuQgF34tM8B_M3AUhiRTaqUnTZh0A4mXvpFtt3oAsBHN36vOviF3zA

Sorry but that's just not what has happened anywhere in the world.

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

multiple people have stated that WHO is biased and can't be trusted. (not saying I agree, but...ya...so there's that).

multiple fools?

why would they lie?

#225 4 years ago
    Quoted from Axaios:

What is the number of confirmed insidents in the U.S so far?

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

It was announced yesterday that starting tomorrow, 03/11/2020, public gatherings of 1000 or more people are illegal in Santa Clara County (where the Sharks play). First county in the country to do that, I think.

#227 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

multiple fools?

Just assuming because multiple people have said something so it must be true is no longer a good idea. If all of those people saying something had real information on the subject, sure - but in the age of Facebook and Twitter, stupidity spreads much faster than facts.

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

It was announced yesterday that starting tomorrow, 03/11/2020, public gatherings of 1000 or more people are illegal in Santa Clara County (where the Sharks play). First county in the country to do that, I think.

Yup, Ohio is the big one. Governor wants to shut it down but there are some big events coming up!

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Wash your hands often and don't go licking flipper buttons

I'm fine with the hand washing, but I can't stop licking flipper buttons. So many of them look like candy these days!

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Just assuming because multiple people have said something so it must be true is no longer a good idea. If all of those people saying something had real information on the subject, sure - but in the age of Facebook and Twitter, stupidity spreads much faster than facts.

Indeed, back in the late 80's I started to work out how the Internet could be such a great thing in the world, started an ISP company soon after and got people connected and spent my whole life doing that because I believed the Internet brought knowledge. It saddens my heart no end to see this

#232 4 years ago

All major gatherings were canceled here. Also schools and universities will remain closed for 14 days.

#233 4 years ago
    #234 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It saddens my heart no end to see this

Yes, when we started embracing tech back in late 70’s, we were some pretty altruistic fools. I remember the first computer virus wave that started as just fooling around... no real damage, then it escalated and here we are with a whole industry created to guard us against ourselves, criminals, and thieves. Makes me bitter, because some of the altruistic dreams we had back then have been cancelled by the culture of the BS we live with on the internet now.

#235 4 years ago

But something to remember from that number, is it is with 5,000 tests, and most people have not been able to get tests. They claim a million tests will be out there soon ( not sure if it is a day or a week)

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Since Jody G keeps voting me down this buds for you. Lol
    TPF will be canceled.

Maybe it should be, but it won't unless the city steps in. Ed is not going to make the call to cancel the show, that is clear. TPF is how they make money.

#237 4 years ago

Biden and Saunders rallies were canceled tonight.

#238 4 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Where are you seeing that announced?

Is that just tonight or going forward until further notice?

#239 4 years ago

Where are you seeing that announced?
    Is that just tonight or going forward until further notice?

Main headline

https://www.cnn.com/

#240 4 years ago

Maybe there's an argument for an upper age limit on running for President?
    "On both sides."

If this virus has it's way that wont be an issue.

I find it absurdly ironic that Matt Gaetz wore a mask arguably mocking the virus and then proceeded to shake hands and embrace for photos with an infected Covid carrier and then proceeded to get on Air Force One with the President.

Even if Trump doesnt get it I am fairly certain Gaetz just alienated his hero.

#241 4 years ago

Official Midwest Gaming Classic statement. It's on our social media platforms and will be emailed to all current ticketholders within a few hours:

We wanted to give you a brief update about the Midwest Gaming Classic due to the recent uncertainty caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We have been working with local health and government officials, and together we believe the Midwest Gaming Classic will proceed as planned, with additional precautions based on the current best practices at the time of the show. If there are any changes, we will communicate with you as soon as possible.

We understand people may be concerned about buying tickets for the event due to this uncertainty. To ensure that you feel confident in your purchase all tickets sold for the 2020 Midwest Gaming Classic that are unused will be honored at any future Midwest Gaming Classic event - no expiration. Additionally, all Midwest Gaming Classic tickets are fully transferrable. In the case of a cancellation, refunds would be offered.

We thank you for your continued support.

#242 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Official Midwest Gaming Classic statement. It's on our social media platforms and will be emailed to all current ticketholders within a few hours:
    We wanted to give you a brief update about the Midwest Gaming Classic due to the recent uncertainty caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We have been working with local health and government officials, and together we believe the Midwest Gaming Classic will proceed as planned, with additional precautions based on the current best practices at the time of the show. If there are any changes, we will communicate with you as soon as possible.
    We understand people may be concerned about buying tickets for the event due to this uncertainty. To ensure that you feel confident in your purchase all tickets sold for the 2020 Midwest Gaming Classic that are unused will be honored at any future Midwest Gaming Classic event - no expiration. Additionally, all Midwest Gaming Classic tickets are fully transferrable. In the case of a cancellation, refunds would be offered.
    We thank you for your continued support.

I really appreciate your measured response and how you are handling tickets. Very nicely done.

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

If this virus has it's way that wont be an issue.
    I find it absurdly ironic that Matt Gaetz wore a mask arguably mocking the virus and then proceeded to shake hands and embrace for photos with an infected Covid carrier and then proceeded to get on Air Force One with the President.
    Even if Trump doesnt get it I am fairly certain Gaetz just alienated his hero.

They are simply and blatantly demonstrating World Leaders are immune. Duh

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I really appreciate your measured response and how you are handling tickets. Very nicely done.

Thanks. Took a long time to actually put together and confirm with everyone.

Also, to address something I've seen by others, you shouldn't be looking at me to be the one to make the decision to shut down the show. That decision should be on the government officials I'm interfacing with on a regular basis.

I'm not a doctor, or an expert on the spread of infectious diseases. Our local government officials are in direct contact with people who are, and they are analyzing what is safe and what is not.

I don't know when it would be prudent for me, who is not an expert on this stuff, to make a call that would supercede them. I can assure everyone we're monitoring it very careful, and I'm in daily contact with a number of folk.

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Thanks. Took a long time to actually put together and confirm with everyone.
    Also, to address something I've seen by others, you shouldn't be looking at me to be the one to make the decision to shut down the show. That decision should be on the government officials I'm interfacing with on a regular basis.
    I'm not a doctor, or an expert on the spread of infectious diseases. Our local government officials are in direct contact with people who are, and they are analyzing what is safe and what is not.
    I don't know when it would be prudent for me, who is not an expert on this stuff, to make a call that would supercede them. I can assure everyone we're monitoring it very careful, and I'm in daily contact with a number of folk.

Perfectly acceptable reasoning.

#246 4 years ago

Yeah, so 20 people will have to stay home.

#247 4 years ago

But something to remember from that number, is it is with 5,000 tests, and most people have not been able to get tests. They claim a million tests will be out there soon ( not sure if it is a day or a week)

Yep. There are a lot more people in the US right now undiagnosed with the virus. CDC botched testing plans even though they had almost two months to prepare so there arent enough tests for everyone that needs to be tested.

I'm just going on the assumption there are more people walking around other than the 2 diagnosed here in Utah and in Las Vegas where I have to travel frequently for work. I am taking precautions accordingly

#248 4 years ago

CT. Just declared a state of emergency.

All winter spots have been completely cancelled.

Damn shame for the kids that where competition for track and field.

Also the CIAC state basketball tournament s have been shut down 100%.

I feel bad for the seniors that would have completed for a State championship.

Damn shame lots of years of hard work and training lost . This sucks!!

A30426FE-C643-4D04-B43E-75833EE374A6 (resized).jpegA30426FE-C643-4D04-B43E-75833EE374A6 (resized).jpeg
    #249 4 years ago

I've got 2 VIG or do all the stuff tickets, I forget what they're called. We've decided to take this year off given the circumstances, if anyone is looking for tickets let me know. Dan's very generous announcement above sounds like we could also use them next year to get in (I'm guessing I'd need to still buy the VIG ticket). Not sure if the VIG tickets have sold out, if so, this should help someone get in. If not, I'd encourage you to buy them from the show, it's worth it.

#250 4 years ago
    Quoted from icust298:

I've got 2 VIG or do all the stuff tickets, I forget what they're called. We've decided to take this year off given the circumstances, if anyone is looking for tickets let me know. Dan's very generous announcement above sounds like we could also use them next year to get in (I'm guessing I'd need to still buy the VIG ticket). Not sure if the VIG tickets have sold out, if so, this should help someone get in. If not, I'd encourage you to buy them from the show, it's worth it.

VIG has not sold out.

You can use those tickets this year, or in 2021, or in 2022, 2023, or whatever. Gary and I will be sending a direct communication to you later tonight as we realized the swag bag stuff creates some difficulty on our end. You'll be given options about that too.

Edited - and I should add, yes, you can transfer them at any time also.

There are 459 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-coronavirus-concerns-for-tpf-amp-mgc/page/5?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.