4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 459 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Promo Screen Shot 5 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 1 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 2 (resized).png
    Promo Screen Shot 3 (resized).png
    IMG_20200314_105806 (resized).jpg
    373DEA6B-85D1-4D36-A734-35D46119D284 (resized).jpeg
    F191497C-4A3E-4BE4-9C8D-7DF9D5F9703B (resized).jpeg
    Hilton.png
    IMG_20191212_201317 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-122325_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200314_031604 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    r9y3meq3d6m41 (resized).jpg
    ESwmm8aUMAADndE (resized).jpg
    D61492F8-C2AB-4591-8E20-6CF871F8D452 (resized).jpeg
    6E55E460-1768-45AF-A40C-51AAD313C2CA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 459 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
    #451 3 months ago

A surprise I had for machine bringers this year. Just got delivered.

IMG_20200314_105806 (resized).jpg
    #452 3 months ago

I think the best think we can do is all commit to make it the best one ever for 2021!

Silver lining, I will likely have 2 more restorations done by then so even more cool games I could bring!

#453 3 months ago

Update - since you guys were asking, we figured out what to do with Tom's and pre-ordering tickets for next year:

We have re-opened ordering for Tom Taylor's Open House at https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/attend/ As I hope would go without saying, DO NOT order anticipating going this year. You will not. In a bit, with a timeline we are working on, you will receive the following options:

Choice 1 - Ticket good for the same event in the future
    Choice 2 - Please donate my money to the Milwaukee Rescue Mission
    Choice 3 - Refund

As should also go without saying, if you plan to pick refund, please DO NOT order. If you plan to do either of the other options, that would be great.

We are hoping to reach our normal donation level for the year. If there is a shortfall next year, we hope to be able to cover it out of any show proceeds.

In the case that Tom's does not move forward for any reason next year, we would refund money and plan to cover the donation from any show proceeds.

Please share with anyone who might be interested in doing this. Would be great to get this to the appropriate level.

--- Unrelated, but related ---

A number of people have asked us about ordering tickets still to help the show. Again, so long as you DO NOT purchase anticipating the show this year or plan to get a refund, this would be great. Tickets are available on the site for both VIG and standard tickets. If you purchase VIG tickets, you will receive this year's swag bag in the mail. If you don't intend to hold that, please wait for merch sales to open sometime in the next week.

Again, to do this or buy Tom's tickets, see:

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/attend/

Thanks!

#454 3 months ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

please wait for merch sales to open sometime in the next week.

Tell me more about this Bovinium Quest NES game!

#455 3 months ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

A surprise I had for machine bringers this year. Just got delivered.[quoted image]

That's awesome. I've been clipping the pins off the back of Louisville Expo's pins and affixing them to aprons as honor badges for years. Recently they started coming on cards that almost work as shooter lane covers. Love having a token to prove my games survived a show.

Ftr I'm a bit too far and schedule-conflicted to realistically plan to attend mgc but it always sounded like an awesome event I'd love see. Appreciate your efforts and hope things fall in to place for a better-than-ever next year.

#456 3 months ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Tell me more about this Bovinium Quest NES game!

Starting last year, we decided to do something unique for our top level ticket buyers and created a game that would double as a badge for those people. VIG holders got clear blue games. We have clear and grey on the site. Quite frankly, we need to update the site to better explain all the stuff we have. I did find a quick video review of it that better shows it all - it's a complete in box game:

Gameplay as described is like an arcade game. You have to collect four ice pieces to block the aliens from stealing a cow, while snowballs try to run you over. We taunted the weather with this game and regretted it later. If you can collect the four, you save the cow, get the correct number of bonus points, and then do it again...

If you're into NES games, we have created "Exit Loop" for this year's show. It's a super basic but super hard game where you try to collect as many treasures as you can without hitting the baddies and make it to the exit. A simple run can be done in perhaps 3 minutes start to finish, but it's so hard I probably only complete a run every 25 or so times. To collect the most treasures, explore all the rooms, and everything else I assume would take hours. Heck, I think I played it for about three hours myself in testing - for a game that takes 3 minutes to complete! Reminds me of Super Meat Boy or N++. See the images below. The carts arrive on Tuesday I think for me to construct.

This, and other things, will be up in a bit. Our "store" has not been updated with any new merch yet as I need to talk with a number of people before I can do that.

Promo Screen Shot 5 (resized).pngPromo Screen Shot 3 (resized).pngPromo Screen Shot 1 (resized).pngPromo Screen Shot 2 (resized).png
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.99
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Other
    Ramp-O-Matic
    There are 459 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside