(Topic ID: 115580)

Any commonality to backbox keys on Bally Bingos?

By ArcadeTechNerd

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

As is so often the case, a Bally "London" bingo machine I recently acquired is missing most of the keys.

Actually have the most important ones, those being the coin door and back door to the backbox which means I can access most of the locks to release/replace except the ones for the side rails on the backbox.

And of course I'm chasing a problem where I really need to pull the backglass and swing the front mech platform out.

I see that someone is offering NOS Bally side rail locks w/keys on eBay which got me wondering if the backbox keys might be a common key across the line. If so, I could buy one of the locks and be set!

If not... I really would prefer to not have to drill these out... Or are there any good sources for replacement keys for these machines/locks?

#2 9 years ago

if those are the screw out locks there should be a clip that hold them in that you can get to.
    I was able to get the clip off and pull the lock out pretty easily on mine

--Jeff

#3 9 years ago

Yeah, they are the screw in type. I'll have to take a closer look at them and see if there is anything I can finagle .

Thanks!

#4 9 years ago

If you have the back open, you can unscrew the clips as way2wyrd says and run them off from the inside. What I do (if my key is missing) is pull the tines out of the lock with a pair of pliers or vice grips, then I can open with any flat object, key or otherwise!

1 week later
    #5 9 years ago

Well, I finally got frustrated and drilled one of them. Spent over an hour trying to find some way to get that darn clip to release without doing any substantial damage, and finally decided the frustration was already more than the cost of a replacement lock.

Once the one was out, I could get the back glass out and the front panel lowered and got the other lock out without additional violence.

On to the more important things now! The lights, oh my gosh... The lights!!!

So many lightsSo many lights

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-commonality-to-backbox-keys-on-bally-bingos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.