(Topic ID: 27730)

Any Chicagoans willing to come teach me a few things repair-wise?

By madcow

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by madcow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madcow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I've got a few problems with my Judge Dredd machine that are beyond my level of expertise (GI string out in the playfield and backbox - not the fuse, can't see any burnt connectors, and a lamp not working after I've tried to resolder it.) I'm really eager to learn and I've made a few threads about the issues but I'm a visual learner and I'm also worried I'll break something while I'm in there.

I got a few quotes from repair techs in the area and the cheapest was $100, which is reasonable but still more than I can afford right now, so I'm wondering if anyone in the Chicago area is willing to come help me out with it for less - maybe $50, or homemade dinner&drinks of your choice? Plus unlimited games on my machine

I figure it's a long-shot but worth trying, please post or shoot me a pm if you'd be interested in helping me out, thanks!

#3 11 years ago

Well, I got my multimeter and removed the power driver board...I'm sorry but I still don't get it and can't find any youtube videos that run through this...

What I understand so far: I put the black lead on a ground, and the red on what I'm testing but I don't understand what you want me to do for the 2nd step...

J115 pin 1 to ground - Beep.

J115 pin 2 to fuse F106 (lower left) - Beep. Here's where I get lost - to J120/J121 pin 11, to J119 pin 1. I don't understand what I'm supposed to do here, can you try and explain it like I'm 5?

I appreciate it. I assure you I'm doing plenty of google side research to try and figure this out, I'm not being lazy, I just don't get it yet...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madcow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-chicagoans-willing-to-come-teach-me-a-few-things-repair-wise?tu=madcow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.