(Topic ID: 18098)

Any Chicago area Pinsiders able to help me out?

By Miguel351

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

parts.jpg
    tester.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Has anybody seen the CL ad in Chicago for all the pinball parts and pieces with the 7 or so pins for sale? He's got like 3 T2's, a FT, a TAF and some others. I've called him a few times and he's called me once, but we've never actually talked to each other. He knows I'm interested in just his TAF and I've left messages asking for more info on it and I've even sent him an email asking for pics and info, especially a price.

It's now been over a week since I last heard from him. I know he still has the pins since he just re-upped the ad today. My guess is that because I'm out on the west coast, and he wants a cash only sale, he's letting me fall by the wayside. Rightfully so, I guess. I can see where he's coming from and why he'd be hesitant.

This is where I need fellow Pinsider help. If there's anyone in the Chicago area that has seen this ad and/or these pins that can let me know if this deal is worth pursuing, that would be great. He does have many other pins to choose from and if there was something else there that someone else wants, I'm sure he'd be happy to cut a deal on a multiple pin purchase. That is, unless, he wants to sell everything all in one shot, the whole kit and kaboodle. Then, that requires someone with a lot more time, money, and storage space than I've got available.

Anyway, that's kinda the long and short of what's going on. I'd really like to just know more about his TAF and if it's even worth buying. After that, I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks!
    -Mike

#2 7 years ago

I've contacted him twice, ad has been up for about 3 weeks now. he sounds like a stubborn guy. He seems to want to sell his route as a package deal because he wants out. That's fine if you can find a group of people willing to buy all the pins, but he wants to sell all his other crap too (boxes and boxes of spare parts).

He did say he'd eventually sell them off individually... eventually. I'm just not sure how long he intends on waiting (forever) tester.jpg parts.jpg

#3 7 years ago

I contacted him about the test fixtures and got the same song & dance. Wants to sell it all as a package.

#4 7 years ago

How much for the whole package?

#5 7 years ago

Yeah, that kinda what I figured, that he'd want to sell the whole package. Let's just hope he gets so frustrated from not selling it all that he finally decides to piece it all out. That's when we strike!

#6 7 years ago

Why don't you guys get together, buy it all and split it?
    jay

#7 7 years ago

Pretty sure this is the "guy in Niles" with the shitty at arcade at the Golf Mill mall. He has been posting the same turds for sale for easily 4 years now on CL. If I am mistaken on the identity, carry on lol

#8 7 years ago

It is the guy in "Niles" with the beat machines...

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Pretty sure this is the "guy in Niles" with the shi**y at arcade at the Golf Mill mall.

I was thinking it might be him as well. I live very close to Golf Mill, and I've spoken with him in person before. He seems like a nice enough guy to me, but his machines are all beat to sh*t. Back in the day, he had a HUGE route.

#10 7 years ago

here's the ad:
    chicago.craigslist.org link

His earlier ones said something like "they are on route right now making money", as if that will entice me? I'd rather they NOT be on route.

Really kinda bothers me when people do this. I mean seriously, who is going to buy it as a package? That'd be like a car dealer going out of business, and rather than selling the cars individually.. nope sorry, selling it as a package deal. Who's going to buy it? And more to the point, selling something as a package deal means less money for the seller. Everyone knows selling off pieces individually makes more money.

#11 7 years ago

I contacted him, and he called right back. Seemed like a nice guy. He quoted me $50,000.00 for the lot. 30k for the pins, and 20k for the parts inventory and test equipment. I am sure he has that much in all that stuff, but it is just not even close in the real market. Especially when your asking someone to buy it all. The parts have some value, but if your not a parts dealer, you would go a life time and not use 1/10 of the parts. He should get with someone like Steve young and wholesale off the parts, and then try to sell the pins. I indicated I would take them all, but he wants to sell everything.
    Paul

#12 7 years ago

Ha ha ha ha! That's a good one! No, really. I think I'm giving up on this one until he comes way down on price AND we get a few of us to go in together on the pins. Just as long as people realize I still have dibs on the TAF since I started this thread. Those are the rules here, right?

I mean, I don't mind buying a TAF that needs a lot of work, but I ain't putting a lot of money into it before I even get it!

-Mike

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Pretty sure this is the "guy in Niles" with the shitty at arcade at the Golf Mill mall. He has been posting the same turds for sale for easily 4 years now on CL. If I am mistaken on the identity, carry on lol

You are correct...it is him. When he had his BSD up for sale a couple of years ago, just wouldn't budge on his price. Complete douche to deal with, and has no idea what the machines really are worth routed and beat to crap. He's made his money back I'm sure, and to want to sell these each for probably more than he bought them for new is ridiculous. He also get his ads frequently flagged because he can't resist posting them multiple times.

#14 7 years ago

If it's the same TAF in his arcade, I would pass. Playfield toast, cracked ramp, horrible display, sound crackily, 1 working flipper, and the cabinet...don't remember.

The guy has always been overpriced.

#15 7 years ago

I have two TAF's in my local arcades here in town and the owner wouldn't even take $2500 for the better of his beaters. The internet can be a bad thing sometimes.....

#16 7 years ago

Thanks for checking for actual price Paul. $30k just for pins, even shopped is highway robbery. In crap routed condition, that's madness. I think I need to flag his ads daily on grounds of pinsanity.

#17 7 years ago

He told me he wanted to sell as a package, but would sell the WCS94 for $2200 and the HS2 for $2800. I think that is what he quoted me.. I'm not positive, I thought the prices where too high(for me anyways) so I deleted the e-mail while SMH..

#18 7 years ago

Now he is listing one of the routed T2's for $2200.

Have fun whoever wants to deal with this guy. His stuff is known as "beat to hell".

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from BillinIndiana:

WCS94 for $2200 and the HS2 for $2800

I've seen good shape WCS94 all day long for $1800, and HS2 on EBAY! for less than $2200.

This guy is officially out of his gorde!

#20 7 years ago

He has my number. When he comes to his senses with TAF he has, he can call me.

It might be next year sometime, but I can wait.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

He has my number. When he comes to his senses with TAF he has, he can call me.

Dude has been trying to sell these machines over a year now at these inflated prices. I hope he does one day call you though! I feel like these pins are children, and this guy is their abusive alcoholic father.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I feel like these pins are children, and this guy is their abusive alcoholic father.

Dude, I could not agree with you more......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 319.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside