• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1570 (resized).JPG
IMG_1569 (resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

I have heard a few rumors that Stern will crank out premiums again. Any chance this is true? I have always wanted one,and would like to add one to my collection. With the current software I guess it would run off a sam system and dmd. Anyone have info?

#2 7 years ago

I have some info on this but I have to keep it a secret.

I'll just say this...there's a chance.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have some info on this but I have to keep it a secret.
I'll just say this...there's a chance.

This would be excellent. It's one of the few pins I regret selling. I'd be insta-buying a new premium.

#4 7 years ago

Man I wish they would spend a little money and redo the playfield art and get rid of the clip art. I bet if they did something cool there would be a bunch of people that would switch.

#5 7 years ago

AC/DC is the only pin I regret not buying NIB when I had the chance.

#6 7 years ago

I love playing the game but the art work is is just ugly.

#7 7 years ago

If only Stern would remove the bad photos and add graphic artwork on playfield then I'd be interested in AC/DC and Tron VE.

#8 7 years ago

Maybe they'll retool the art on a Vault Edition a little like they have with other games. Seems to be basically the only complaint anyone has.

#9 7 years ago

I can see Stern making an updated ACDC based on Spike 2.0 with an LCD. However, that would really piss existing owners off...not that Stern cares.

#10 7 years ago

Played AcDC for the first time the other night - what a uniquely designed pin! I hadn't played a game with that type of layout before, kept nailing something on the PF and getting SDTM drains, but it was still fun!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I can see Stern making an updated ACDC based on Spike 2.0 with an LCD. However, that would really piss existing owners off...not that Stern cares.

The game would sound incredible if they ported it to Spike 2.0 with stereo sound! I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening though...

#12 7 years ago

Probably announce the remake the day before I finally get around to selling mine.

#13 7 years ago

LE with hand drawn art would be an all time great. Or art in the style of the "Black Ice" album might be cool.

IMG_1569 (resized).JPGIMG_1569 (resized).JPG

IMG_1570 (resized).JPGIMG_1570 (resized).JPG

#14 7 years ago

ACDC is already running on Spike. There were a few ACDCs with spike put on location for testing.

Not sure how the 2.0 plays into it

Quoted from MikeS:

The game would sound incredible if they ported it to Spike 2.0 with stereo sound! I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening though...

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

ACDC is already running on Spike. There were a few ACDCs with spike put on location for testing.
Not sure how the 2.0 plays into it

The 2.0 is for the large color LCD. 2.0 doesn't matter for sound but if you're going to re-do it they should go all out! Anyone on here get a chance to play one of the Spike ACDCs on test?

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Played AcDC for the first time the other night - what a uniquely designed pin! I hadn't played a game with that type of layout before

So....you've never played pinball before? I mean, I love AC/DC, but it's a pretty common 2-ramp fan-layout.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So....you've never played pinball before? I mean, I love AC/DC, but it's a pretty common 2-ramp fan-layout.

Agreed. The layout feels like a cross between T2 and Elvis to me. It's the rules that set this game apart.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

BINGO! Not a care in the world aside from making money!.

#19 7 years ago

Loved my Premium, but was not a fan of Lucy. I'll have another some day.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The layout feels like a cross between T2 and Elvis to me.

Go look at the shots on T3 and AC/DC. I thought about picking up a T3 a few years ago and noticed the similarities.

#21 7 years ago

If they do another LUCI run, I'd definitely purchase it.

#22 7 years ago

Sorry to give it to you straight. But - a relicense reskin like SM came out at $6800 nib and everyone freaked at the price and it sold like shit. Was that to expensive for everyone? Well dont plan on a cheap acdc. So an adcdc Prem reskinned with a a lot more expensive license will be $7800 minimum. It will sell blah also with all the folks who bought acdc before and own acdc currently passing. Get networking and meet new people and buy an acdc Prem at $7500 with mods and quit hanging out for a $6800 reskin Premium stock which will never happen. If you dont want one now at $7500 with mods now then trust me - you dont want a NIB Expensive VE.

I actually know what some of you want. You want a $7500 one with mods currently to drop to $6000, so you can buy that?! Not gonna happen. Sorry. Nice try.

I looked at new listings on Pinside today and any of us could go buy a $3999 or $3200, $3500 RCT or $5200 NGG, $3500 Mono, $3595 FT, $2000 Time MAchine, $3500 Dr Who, $10000 LOTR, $9000 IJ, $6500 TAV, $3995 AP or maybe you are looking for a $6500 FG. This is just today alone!

Good lord! What a pile of crap for sale! I dont know what those listings mean, but to me it means a $6700 NIB LUCI VE just is not going to happen.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Sorry to give it to you straight. But - a relicense reskin like SM came out at $6800 nib and everyone freaked at the price and it sold like shit. Was that to expensive for everyone? Well dont plan on a cheap acdc. So an adcdc Prem reskinned with a a lot more expensive license will be $7800 minimum. It will sell blah also with all the folks who bought acdc before and own acdc currently passing. Get networking and meet new people and buy an acdc Prem at $7500 with mods and quit hanging out for a $6800 reskin Premium stock which will never happen. If you dont want one now at $7500 with mods now then trust me - you dont want a NIB Expensive VE.
I actually know what some of you want. You want a $7500 one with mods currently to drop to $6000, so you can buy that?! Not gonna happen. Sorry. Nice try.
I looked at new listings on Pinside today and any of us could go buy a $3999 or $3200, $3500 RCT or $5200 NGG, $3500 Mono, $3595 FT, $2000 Time MAchine, $3500 Dr Who, $10000 LOTR, $9000 IJ, $6500 TAV, $3995 AP or maybe you are looking for a $6500 FG. This is just today alone!
Good lord! What a pile of crap for sale! I dont know what those listings mean, but to me it means a $6700 NIB LUCI VE just is not going to happen.

Agree 100%. If you are really wanting a ACDC premium just buy a HUO one for the $7500 they seem to be selling for. Anyone who thinks they are going to be getting a NIB ACDC premium Vault for less then that is crazy (if it even ever happens). If they do make it on spike 2.0 with a LCD and improved art & sound be prepared to pay even more. Just go buy one now & enjoy the crap out of it & quit waiting for a potential rerun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-chance-acdc-will-be-made-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.