(Topic ID: 175366)

Any Canadians find Marco has absurd shipping costs?

By northerndude

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Maken
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marco (resized).jpg
    marco (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 5.11.24 PM (resized).png
    Shipping Rip-off (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Marco seems to have a very nice selection of parts and accessories I want/need.

I have my Cart all setup to make a purchase and WHAMO, there it is...... shipping says 8.99, then I choose Canada, and it goes to over $45! Anyone else find their shipping costs astronomical? I made a purchase from Comet for a stack of LED's and the product was just under $200 and their shipping was like $17.50, which is right in the ballpark.

Thoughts? Kevin.

#4 7 years ago

Frig, I was just in Phoenix, I should have had it sent to the house for small $, then shipped it to myself for also small $.

Lessons....

#6 7 years ago

I haven't come across your site yet Nifty, I'll check it out next time I need!

#15 7 years ago

That's exactly what grinds my gears, I don't mind paying actual costs plus some "handling" like the Dell commercial, lol.

But to fork over $46us, then getting a label with $18 on it makes me sad ;(

#26 7 years ago

Well, problem solved for now. Found out family is heading to the house in Arizona on Saturday, had the entire package shipped there for the $8.99 minimum and they are forwarding it to me next week. I'll call it a win.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Really?
    The hobby really needs to take steps to ban any dolt taking issue with a $4.95 Canada shipping charge.

I get excited seeing international shipping for ANYTHING to me for the low price of $4.95

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from jedi42:

I recently bought some items from Marco, $80 US worth of pinball stuff. Not big items, but a flipper rebuilt kit included, so not totally light. When I put in the shipping it was crazy high, and I was annoyed (like others in this post).
    I started playing around with addresses, and the way I entered my address (same address) made quite a difference. I have a PO box, so I first put in PO Box XX, 101 Streetname Drive. High price, $45 if I remember. I then put in XX - 101 Streetname Drive and it reduced it to $17 US shipping, which is typical for US-Can shipping. Arrived in 3 weeks.

Great idea, I live in a small town and if I have a street address and it makes it to the post office, they will know what to do. That will be my next try to a shipment, nice tip!

1 month later
    #63 7 years ago

Huge order for me, shipped to the wifeys folks winter place in AZ, they will drive it home for me. Also a $175 LED order from Comet to the same house- free shipping..... WIN!

marco (resized).jpgmarco (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-canadians-find-marco-has-absurd-shipping-costs?tu=northerndude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.