Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Heretic_9
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How do you ship your Pinball”

• I use NAVL (North American Van Lines) 30 votes
      46%
    • I use a Freight Company 7 votes
      11%
    • I usually Fill up the Tank and get ready for a long drive. 22 votes
      34%
    • Other 6 votes
      9%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4911 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4880 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4883 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6963 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6962 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6961 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6957 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6960 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6955 (resized).JPG
    a842acb24.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heretic_9.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 10 years ago

So far, I've done this twice, both times using NAVL. Good results in each case. Strangely enough, doing this coast to coast was only about $50. more than shipping a few counties over, in-state. Go figure. But I wanted to have it done by pros with a considerable track record. It's not cheap, but I thought it was necessary. Full value insurance is highly recommended.

4 years later
    #52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

It's double wrapped with leg protectors, I make sure no cabinet art is exposed anywhere, I wrap the underside of the game, spin the leg leveler's all the way in, double pad the head before lowering the back box, place a sign in top the game saying high claim value hand carry only and hold my breath until I hear from my buyer that all is well.
    Side note.. when the game was wrapped I put my hand carry sign on it and the guys picking it up said "you foiled our plan" they told me that the were going to unload it with a forklift when they got back to the terminal, they agreed to not do that after I tipped them... always tip your driver!

@Concretehardt,

Your suggestions sound good to me. If I had not had problems tracking certain threads (now resolved), I would have responded to this much sooner. My last use of NAVL -- two pin purchases and some time ago -- was at least my 8th. time using them. It was also the first instance with actual, significant damage that was definitely on them. (More specifically, on one of their sub-contractors en route, I think.) I filed a claim with appropriate evidence, for around $500., which they promptly paid, which covered some cabinet etc. repairs. That was an acceptable outcome, I suppose. While I'm pretty sure that I would use them again -- absent some clearly superior alternative -- this incident did give me pause. There is most certainly a roll of the dice involved, no matter what you do. But there are times of the year, such as when tornado activity is higher or when there is still ice on the roads, that I just would *not* ship a table. There was actually one nearly-done-deal of a sale that I lost out on, because the seller was in an all-fired hurry and would not wait, even though I offered to pay him more (and up-front) to hold off for a couple months longer, until the winter weather conditions were past. This was at a Rocky Mtn.s type of location. But it was a NO-can-do as far as he was concerned. Well, O.K., fine then: let *someone else* take the extra risk, was my decision. The reasons for that are clear enough from the photos in post #47 of this thread !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heretic_9.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-body-use-navl-northa-amercian-van-lines-lately-shipping-is-expensive-ltl?tu=heretic_9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.