Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Heretic_9
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How do you ship your Pinball”

• I use NAVL (North American Van Lines) 30 votes
      46%
    • I use a Freight Company 7 votes
      11%
    • I usually Fill up the Tank and get ready for a long drive. 22 votes
      34%
    • Other 6 votes
      9%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4911 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4880 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4883 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6963 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6962 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6961 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6957 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6960 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6955 (resized).JPG
    a842acb24.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider academydl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

Wow. Residential to Residential (LTL) shipping with NAVL is RAPE these days.
    Any one have a good method to ship Pins beside NAVL let me know.
    I got a quote for nearly $460.72 to ship a Pinball Machine 812 miles. It used to be 300-350

Any body use Uship.com ? I hear if you use a reputable company that its not so bad.
    Ive bought arcade cabinets before using R and L freight.

Its difficult for most to mount to crate so it really gets expensive to use NAVL's Blanket wrap service.

#3 13 years ago

I wish more sellers would be willing to pallet/crate. It would certainly save on the shipping.

Shipping Freight can save about $100-150

But please be aware that Freight companies do have a down side....
    Freight companies make it almost impossible to get your insurance claim through.
    I have tried on a couple occasions while shipping arcade cabinets (non Pinball)
    that Freight companies send you through so many hoops only to send you right back to the beginning.
    No body helps you, they just keep routing you through the channels round and round.

Things to consider that I have learned... NAVL does pay off on insurance.

So keep that in mind if your shipping a very expensive game. Sometimes shipping NAVL is a better way to go, (if your shipping a Medieval Madness or something rare and expensive)
    But... insurance through NAVL only covers $1500 in damage. If you want more coverage it costs Nearly $40 to cover items above $1500 and I was never told the limits of the coverage that I would receive for the extra $40. I was just trying to Insure for $2500 and it was going to cost $40 extra.

I was told by Michelle at NAVL that if you live in large cities or have shipping to a commercial location then the price can be lower. In my case the only place I could receive shipment was at my residence.

I would like to ship Freight and just hoped members here could chime in and share their shipping methods.

Heres the right way to ship Freight IMO...........

http://flic.kr/p/9hLhSo

#7 13 years ago

What Freight Companys have you used?

I have used R and L Freight for shipping Arcade Cabinets without Issues.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider academydl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-body-use-navl-northa-amercian-van-lines-lately-shipping-is-expensive-ltl?tu=academydl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.