You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160924_153628 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160924_153626 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160924_153428 (resized).jpg
fff834dad2b0b9dbdbc8d1e0cab006d0 (resized).jpg
63000158 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

We just take all the tubes down to the electronic store and plug them into the tube tester. Whichever ones are bad we replace and that usually fixes the problem.

#10 7 years ago

63000158 (resized).jpg63000158 (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Thank goodness for fuel injection replacing carburetors and other misc. improvements. Even cars between 10 and 15 years old today are more reliable now than 5 year old cars back then.

No doubt. At one time I was carburetor king. Meaning I rebuilt almost every carburetor ever made, sometimes two or three in a day. Even those Ford variable venturies. Learned to not even bother with Hondas as they were disposable. Now I just do smog inspections. Did have a 1979 Ferarri with four carbs on it last week and surprisingly it passed.

They actually had the tube tester for TVs at the local drug store and my dad really did fix it...

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Heck, the corner drugstore by me had not just a tube tester, but a CoLoR Tube tester.

fff834dad2b0b9dbdbc8d1e0cab006d0 (resized).jpgfff834dad2b0b9dbdbc8d1e0cab006d0 (resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The internet sure makes it easier to diagnose and fix things like this.

I fixed my whole house with help from the internet. Stuff I'd never done before like plumbing, new windows, stucco, tiling, entire bathrooms, etc...

I don't pay anybody to do anything I can learn to do myself.

#29 7 years ago

I tried to fix my computer that wouldn't boot with help from the internet but that was very difficult...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-body-know-about-fixing-tvs?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.