You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160924_153628 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160924_153626 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160924_153428 (resized).jpg
fff834dad2b0b9dbdbc8d1e0cab006d0 (resized).jpg
63000158 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I have troubleshot and fixed dishwashers, washing machines, clothes dryers and TVs based on youtube videos. More often than not, it has been a $10 to $25 part and an hour of time to save two, three or even four hundred dollars. While there are some things I won't attempt, it has been surprising how easy it has been to troubleshoot and fix some of these issues.

Same here. I've repaired a few flat screen TVs. Often for me it's the power supply that simply needs replaced. If you can replace a computer component, you can replace a board on a modern TV.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

my 3 year old 60 inch plasma that retailed at 1100 has a tough time comparing to a 500 LCD now. If I want to pony up a bit more I go from 1080 to 4k.

I have a 2008 and a 2010 Samsung plasma and honestly they still compare very favorably to newer LCDs. Now a 4K with 4K content? No, but I own newer 1080P LCDs as well and I prefer the plasmas. I've had to repair both. The 2008 had a surface mount chip on the input board go bad. Guy on ebay fixed it for $40. On the 2010 whites started going kinda pinkish purple. All it needed was a voltage adjustment as they were set too low at the factory to meet some kind of energy star rating.

Real good site for DIY TV repair....

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/index.php

#40 7 years ago

I'm not sure a 37" Philips is worth much effort. In a little over a month should be able to grab a 42" for ~$100 with pre-Black Friday sales.

#43 7 years ago

Does the TV menu have snow? How did the menu look with the original tCON board? Was the board a used pull or brand new?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-body-know-about-fixing-tvs?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.