800x600-thematic_games-ARTG019-the_thing-mockup (resized).jpg
718AYbKcKhL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
FeatureFilm_CampHappyTrails (resized).jpg
P1040651 (resized).JPG
9089330137548507368 (resized).jpg
20230813_194211 (resized).jpg
Mr President (resized).jpg
20230715_082913 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txstargazer3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#148 6 years ago

I'm considering picking up Mansions of Madness Second Edition. Any advice or comments on this one? I like the idea of having the app. How difficult is it to learn?

7 months later
#273 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

A bit cheaper and you get exclusive stuff (ex. if the campaing reaches 1.25M people get exclusive marbels). Some campaigns have more exclusive stuff than others.
I've just backed Crypt as well because it was only $17 (including shipping to Canada), Only $13 for US customers and thought the art looked great.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roadtoinfamy/crypt-1?ref=user_menu

Thanks for the heads up on Crypt! I'm in for two sets as of yesterday.

#288 5 years ago

I know I'm late to the party, but I have really been getting into Mansions of Madness Second Edition recently. Fun factor is very high for me and I enjoy the interface with my iPad.

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The only downside is that the minis kinda suck -- the bases are too large and block the artwork of the board, and the fall off the bases all the time anyway.

I'm thinking of glueing the characters onto the bases. Anyone try this yet?

#297 5 years ago

I just added card sleeves to my Mansions of Madness Second Edition. I highly recommend doing this, but use the FFG 100 micron ones as they are of excellent quality. Saturday I plan on glueing the characters to their bases; I'm sick of them coming apart whenever I pick one up. I'll report back on my results once completed.

1 month later
#315 5 years ago

I received the Kickstarter Survey Confirmation for my Crypt order today. They are still showing 10-01-18 for the manufacture date. I did the Crypt Tiles with Variant Rulebook too.

#317 5 years ago

The Armchair Detective connected me today to let me know the Mysterious Case #117, The Kidnapped Crossworder, needs my shipping address confirmation. Looks like it should arrive this summer.

3 months later
#425 5 years ago

Does anyone remember APBA Baseball? That is an oldie but goodie that is more popular than ever and still puts out stats and cards for every team each year. Lots of fun, especially if you are into scorekeeping and statistics. Quite realistic and only $30.

3 months later
#547 5 years ago

Looking forward to the arrival of Crypt.

2 weeks later
#573 5 years ago

Crypt arrived last weekend. A great game!

6 months later
2 years later
#1061 2 years ago

I received AZUL as a gift this Christmas. I haven’t played it yet, but it looks very interesting. Any opinions on this one?

#1063 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I don’t own Azul but my friend does and we occasionally play it during family game nights. Pretty game. Easy to learn. Great game for a mixed group of players.

Sounds perfect for family and friends who are not gamers. Thanks for your response. Looking forward to playing this weekend.

3 months later
#1109 1 year ago

Azul is great fun, easy to learn and play with newbies. All that and it is colorful and a cool concept. Sometimes simplicity is a very good thing.

6 months later
#1233 1 year ago

Check out Azul. Great fun, available from most game shops and $32 from Amazon (they rate it 5 stars). Strategic mosaic tile placement game that is absolutely beautiful. Everyone can learn it in 10 minutes, but as you get the hang of it you develop strategies that make it even more fun.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txstargazer3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-board-game-players-out-there?tu=txstargazer3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.