800x600-thematic_games-ARTG019-the_thing-mockup (resized).jpg
718AYbKcKhL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
FeatureFilm_CampHappyTrails (resized).jpg
P1040651 (resized).JPG
9089330137548507368 (resized).jpg
20230813_194211 (resized).jpg
Mr President (resized).jpg
20230715_082913 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#899 3 years ago

We just played 'The River' for the first time tonight and the family really enjoyed it. It's similar to Splendor. I would recommend.

#903 3 years ago
Quoted from rad:

Based on a recommendation(s) in this thread, we picked up Forgotten Waters for the family (family of 4, children are ~20 year olds). Everyone enjoyed the game - thanks for the recommendations.
Added bonus for the holidays: I'm a fan of Donkey Kong - one of the kids found a DK board game at a thrift store. Looks like it may play like chutes and ladders. I doubt we will ever play it, but I like it just because it is DK.
[quoted image]

I hadn't seen that in forever! A blast from the past for me. I used to play that all the time until I lost the barrels as a kid. lol

#904 3 years ago

We are playing these two games tonight. Has anyone tried these? Never played them before.

20201229_153158 (resized).jpg20201229_153158 (resized).jpg
#910 3 years ago

Update on Fast Sloths- we enjoyed it. I would recommend. We don't have anything like it in our collection.

#917 3 years ago

Just finished a few games of MEGACITY OCEANIA.

I would recommend.

20201231_171336 (resized).jpg20201231_171336 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#927 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I have the ultimate first world problem... I was close to pulling the trigger on a nib pin, but was hesitating because I have to move some furniture around to fit it and because of the pandemic, it would be the first game that I would buy before playing first. Then my wife throws out the "we need a new dining room table and didn't you want to get a fancy gaming table in there?"
Not really looking to do both at this moment and suffering from analysis paralysis.
Which one would you choose, a new gaming table or a new pin?

At first, I thought you were coming to a pinball website to ask if you should buy a new dining set or a pinball machine, you should already know the answer to that. Lol

I have seen some really nice gaming tables. If it's one of those, I would say go for it.

Now I would be curious to hear the response if you post the same question on a furniture discussion group.

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I know the audience, just sometimes a random comment can provide a different perspective. The pin on my list is Heist.
My favorite option currently is the Valhalla table from GameOn. I have no carpentry skills of note.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
All the other gaming table companies
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/229564/game-table-manufacturers

The Valhalla is a beauty. She gets my vote!

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

For lighter engine-builders: Splendor and Century:Spice Road. For a little heavier: Terraforming Mars and Keyflower.

Splendor is a great game!

1 month later
#965 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

If anyone wants an unopened Tainted Grail with all the stretch goals and monsters lemme know.

I am interested. How much are you asking?

1 month later
#993 3 years ago
Quoted from A-1Bogart:

Glad it's not just me with the rash of buying! I've ended up here after just a couple months, with a few not even pictured. Even though we're playing once a week I feel like we're rushing through some of them. But when I legit watched 15+ hours of KDM videos over the last few days and seriously considered dropping on a $400 board game that no one I know would play with me it was time for a reality check!
At the risk of tempting you guys with one, though, we have had a blast with Camel Up. It's very light and completely silly (betting on camels racing around a pyramid) but man have we had some fun with it, especially with a bit bigger group. Its also not that expensive, which helps. Played again last night with 7, kids and adults, and just about everyone was cheering and laughing the whole time. Named every camel and even have been keeping stats on how many races the camels have won. We've definitely had some good times with it - not even too much liquor required.
[quoted image]

Based upon your suggestion, we bought Camel Up. We had a BLAST! So much fun. Just the type of game sometimes you crave - light, fun, fast with a little bit of luck thrown in.

Thanks!

#995 3 years ago

What's everyone's favorite dexterity game? I really like Flick em Up.

Crokinole gets great reviews, but it doesn't appeal to me.

What else is good out there?

9 months later
#1051 2 years ago

We bought ROOT.

Having a tough time with the asymmetric ruleset with 4 players.

I want to love it, but it's not loving me back.

#1055 2 years ago

Good to know I am not alone in my feelings for ROOT.

#1057 2 years ago

Picked up a few new board games for us to play into the new year. We tried to specifically chose lighter games this round.

Any favorites from the pic?

20211231_155347 (resized).jpg20211231_155347 (resized).jpg
#1073 2 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

How do you find tentacle town? I have a 12 and 10 year old.. not too much into board games but trying to find things that they may like to get them hooked LOL.

We have not gotten to TT yet. I will share my thoughts after we get to it.

Our family loves board games and I started playing board games with my 2 boys right around when they were 10. Let me go back and take a look at some of our favorites from that era and report back.

1 year later
#1321 1 year ago
Quoted from A-1Bogart:

After a ridiculously longtime lurking, playing on TTS, and absorbing a ton of what the internet has to offer on this game, I finally took the plunge and hit the buy button on KDM yesterday. I don't know that I'll ever get it to the table, I don't really have the space, and I'll probably have to solo it... but I'm pretty excited for the ride.
On the other side of the spectrum, if you're looking for another great game for a high player count - Ready Set Bet! is awesome. Had to get myself some upgrades for this one!
[quoted image]

Looks super fun! Where did you get the upgrades if I might ask?

4 months later
#1378 9 months ago

Just purchased a few "Unmatched" games based upon this forum's recommendation. The whole family loves them. We have been playing every night for the last week. I would definitely recommend if you are looking to mix things up with a light hearted game.

#1380 9 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What's the best unmatched to start with?

We started with Battle of Legends 2, but like pins they multiplied.

20230715_082913 (resized).jpg20230715_082913 (resized).jpg
#1387 9 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Big foot vs Robinhood can still be found new at mondo shop. Otherwise, hard to find. I love that 1vs1 box. The Jurassic 1vs1 boxes are also fun, but start with a 4 character box

Just bought Robinhood! Thanks for the heads up!

#1392 9 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I just got a better look at your stash. Where did you find the Bruce Lee box? That and Deadpool, I can only find on Ebay for big markups.

I paid the big markup.

Sad to admit, I am a sucker...just like in pinball. And similar to pinball, I enjoy playing him despite the huge secondary jacked up price.

#1396 9 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

First world problems lol - now i have to consider weather they are worth holding onto or playing right away they still have 3 copies of vol 1, and 1 copy of volume 2…after having just finished my pledge for Scarface 1920 bloody business may need to wait as i tapped out the board game budget….for this quarter any ways. Would love to hear from other folks who have pledged games on founder or kick stater….good experience or bad?

I have pledged a few times on Kickstarter. No issues. My only complaint (albeit totally understandable) is having to wait a long time before the game gets into my hands. Some have been so long, I forgot I paid.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-board-game-players-out-there?tu=marioparty34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.