800x600-thematic_games-ARTG019-the_thing-mockup (resized).jpg
718AYbKcKhL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
FeatureFilm_CampHappyTrails (resized).jpg
P1040651 (resized).JPG
9089330137548507368 (resized).jpg
20230813_194211 (resized).jpg
Mr President (resized).jpg
20230715_082913 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hhaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#637 4 years ago

Was just starting to get back into tabletop gaming, since Games Workshop opened up a small-ish 'warhammer' store in town. Now I've got three armies I'm working on......

Then the store got gutted by a tornado, and they're said nothing about if they will be rebuilding or not.

-Hans

3 months later
#704 4 years ago

Just picked up Beastgrave and Nightvault to try and get my Daughter interested. Have my fingers crossed, she likes the way the figures remind her of Chronicles Of Narnia characters

1 month later
#716 4 years ago

I know it's not a board game, it's on Steam for the PC, but try "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes".
Something you can do over the phone, skype, etc. If anything, doing the game that way may actually make it more entertaining.

There are also a LOT of wargames that still do a "play by email" system. I've always immensely enjoyed the Combat Mission series.
If anybody out there does PBEM style stuff, I'm all for buying a new title and getting a couple going.

-Hans

1 week later
#736 3 years ago

My daughter and I just played our first full-blown game of Age of Sigmar yesterday. I hadn't played any 40k or AoS in quite a while, and this was her first game. She caught on to the rules pretty quickly for an 11 year old and really pulled ahead at the beginning. I eeked through a win but just barely.

We play a few games of Beastgrave every week and she beats me about 75% of the time or more.

-Hans

1 year later
#1068 2 years ago

I wish anybody around here that I was friends with played board games.
I've got some good ones and no opponents except the rare day my Daughter is in the mood.

-Hans

5 months later
#1140 1 year ago

Looks like I'll be doing some game demo work at GenCon this year. Anybody else going to be going there?

-Hans

#1145 1 year ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Not this year. Stuck inside the new FLGS I just opened and don't have the staffing yet to escape!

Fun! If you set up an account direct with Pegasus Spiele, make sure to tell them Hans sent you. (Trying to get a job with them).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hhaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-board-game-players-out-there?tu=hhaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.