800x600-thematic_games-ARTG019-the_thing-mockup (resized).jpg
718AYbKcKhL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
FeatureFilm_CampHappyTrails (resized).jpg
P1040651 (resized).JPG
9089330137548507368 (resized).jpg
20230813_194211 (resized).jpg
Mr President (resized).jpg
20230715_082913 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#583 5 years ago

That's a *really* good price! I just got Gloomhaven for Christmas. Really looking forward to starting up a game night soon...

1 year later
#745 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

It’s funny you mention Gloomhaven. I spent some time reading about it last night. It looks absolutely amazing. My guess is you need a dedicated game space so you don’t need to continue to set up and tear it down. Do you feel the rules are somewhat easily understood? I don’t mind spending some time digesting rules and working through a bit of a learning curve but I’ve played a couple of games where the rules were just so complex it took too much enjoyment away from the game. Thanks in advance.

I started playing GH recently and there is a bit of a learning curve we had to work through initially. Consulting bgg for rules explanations etc periodically. But once you get the hang of the rules and the flow of the game, it's super fun! My buddy and i are having a hell of a time beating the 2nd level so far but we've been having a blast playing it--especially now that we've got the rules down well enough. I don't think you'll have too much trouble getting into it if you've gotten into other complex games.

3 weeks later
#805 3 years ago

Based on recommendations here, i got a copy of Terraforming Mars and (unsurprisingly) love it! What a well-designed game! I've been having a blast playing it solo, but look forward to trying multiplayer eventually. Every game has been a race to the finish, and it's really fun trying different corporations and strategies. Just wanted to thank y'all for helping me find a terrific game!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-board-game-players-out-there?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.