800x600-thematic_games-ARTG019-the_thing-mockup (resized).jpg
718AYbKcKhL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
FeatureFilm_CampHappyTrails (resized).jpg
P1040651 (resized).JPG
9089330137548507368 (resized).jpg
20230813_194211 (resized).jpg
Mr President (resized).jpg
20230715_082913 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 7 years ago

I can't believe that I just noticed this thread!

I like playing board games too.
IMG_2713 (resized).JPGIMG_2713 (resized).JPG
IMG_2711 (resized).JPGIMG_2711 (resized).JPGIMG_2712 (resized).JPGIMG_2712 (resized).JPG

6 months later
#121 6 years ago

I highly recommend The Kings Armory. It's a tower defense board game where you play as heros stopping waves of bad guys. The game is scalable in number of players, difficulty and game length. Before each wave players can leave or be added. The game can be just a couple quick waves or more waves with larger foes. And before each game you build the path to your gate, so it can be a hard straight shot or an easy winding path. Endless replay ability.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Kings-Armory-Board-Game/dp/B010PT64AK/ref=sr_1_1

7 months later
#235 6 years ago

Sounds like I know what my next Kickstarter buy will be. Thanks for the post. I probably would have missed this

1 week later
#248 6 years ago

I also jumped onto the Kickstarter for the full game.

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

When is the last time a kickstarter game actually shipped on time though?

I’ve had several ship early, although not many. Most are delayed a bit.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Are there any incentive for buying through kickstarter versus waiting for retail?

There’s a list of Kickstarter exclusive items that won’t be available in retail. This list will grow as more stretch goals are unlocked. D02FF9E2-5D6F-4FB0-86A0-8D642564254B (resized).pngD02FF9E2-5D6F-4FB0-86A0-8D642564254B (resized).png

2 weeks later
#302 6 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

Should I back Fireball Island

I did. That should be reason enough for you. Lol.

Honestly it was a great game in the 80’s. I think this version will be worth the investment

1 month later
#338 5 years ago

Has anyone else played any games from the “Tiny Epic” franchise? What do you think. I have got most of them from Kickstarter, although I haven’t played them all yet.

https://www.gamelyngames.com/tiny-epic/

#351 5 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

Tiny epic galaxies I like a lot. That’s the only one I have played.

I haven’t tried tiny epic quest yet, but these games pack a lot of fun in a small box

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

3 months later
#438 5 years ago

Well this guy came in the mail the other day fresh from Kickstarter. I have the whole collection of tiny epic games. Their current Kickstarter is tiny epic mechs.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

1 month later
#456 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Hot dog
Fireball Island just shipped!

Did you get a tracking number? Nothing for me yet.

#460 5 years ago

Hopefully it’s just delayed because I’m canadian and shipping is different.

My backer number is 2021

2 weeks later
#491 5 years ago

I got my tracking # for fireball island today, should be here tomorrow.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I unboxed my Fireball Island this weekend. Looks like it's going to be fun to play.
I'd say the only letdown was the box. As far as other new board games go, it's severely lacking in quality. Very thin cardboard & flimsy. They should have made a thicker stronger box one of the stretch goals, but I'm guessing that would have added more weight to an already large box & added to the shipping costs. Plus it's not easy to fit everything back in the box after playing.

I get into the habit of reinforcing the box corners with clear gorilla tape. I have some large games that have been well used over the years.

#539 5 years ago

I saw labyrinth in the goodwill for like $3 the other day. Maybe I'll go back and see if it's still there.

1 week later
#555 5 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Is there an advantage to getting in on the kickstarter other than receiving your game earlier?

Ya most of the quality Kickstarter campaigns have “stretch goals” that are incremental goals above the original pledge goal. I’ve had some stretch goals be limited edition add on’s that are never included in the production run games, and never sold after.

Things like unique characters, extra characters, additional player rules, or special rulebooks that include solo gameplay rules

#556 5 years ago

Also a lot of the time you’ll have early access to print and play versions, if you can’t wait for the real game.

2 weeks later
#571 5 years ago

Well my daughter opened fireball island and was like, “Oh, what’s this? Looks like a game for adults” (she’s 8). So I show her that it’s for +7 year olds, and she’s just like “cool”. On to the next present.

Once all the unwrapping was done I started to set up the game and read the rules. Within minutes she’s over checking everything out. “When can we play” is muttered more then once before I’ve even got everything set up, let alone read the rules.

We have family coming in a couple hours, so hopefully she can play with her cousins.

10 months later
#647 4 years ago

I think fireball island would translate well into a pinball machine.

4 months later
#743 4 years ago

A lot of the Tiny Epic games are one player.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#744 4 years ago

Here some of my favorites

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-board-game-players-out-there?tu=Luckydogg420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.