800x600-thematic_games-ARTG019-the_thing-mockup (resized).jpg
718AYbKcKhL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
FeatureFilm_CampHappyTrails (resized).jpg
P1040651 (resized).JPG
9089330137548507368 (resized).jpg
20230813_194211 (resized).jpg
Mr President (resized).jpg
20230715_082913 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#353 5 years ago

I have around 400 board games. We love risk legacy. I have 3 copies that I play with 3 different groups.

In regards to Dark Tower. Bulbs are just 555 pinball bulbs which is great. but make sure your motor is moving. Sometimes they need a nudge to get going and you have to run them awhile to get it working good.

Did you guys see they are remaking fireball island. My buddy is working on that game and doing the sculpts. They are redesigning the board so it works better too. Lot more options.

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I've heard several people rave about that Risk Legacy. The whole concept sounds really cool.
Alot of us are in on Fireball Island, as discussed earlier. That's going to be a blast

what's nice about risk legacy, is that by playing the first 15 games. It permanently changes the board. Cards get destroyed. Powers get picked. Territories and access points get altered or changed. So everyone version of the games plays differently. When a territory is becoming too powerful or easy to control. Other people in the game can screw it up so it's damn near impossible to hold in the future. Fantastic game and executed well.

2 weeks later
#370 5 years ago

Decent is great. Lots of characters to pick from. I just wish it was self running like Warhammer quest was. But Warhammer quest lacked variables, in the self running game.

#372 5 years ago

we could. Someone just needs to come up with a automatic dungeon master system, that has many variables, not too complex to use, and makes every dungeon/quest feel unique.

We were experimenting with doing a large screen touch screen TV as a gameboard. Load maps on to it, and making it, so that the game would know every players character. Then the game would run from that point. It would know where you moved. The backgrounds would change as you progress. the game could make enemies or even NPCS, show up during the adventure. Keep track of health points of all characters involved. So it would be a hybrid of board game, with video animated gameboard. All player characters would still have character cards and ability cards. But enemies would be kept track of by the game running program. Could even have a dice rolling area that electronically could read the dice you rolled, and know automatically what was rolled during combat so you wouldn't have to enter the values in.

2 weeks later
#376 5 years ago

that app is awesome. Self running dungeon master for all Descent expansions. Now if it could produce the maps full size on a flat laying TV, that would be even better, but this app is definitely something i'm going to use.

1 week later
#384 5 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

Just found this thread.
I build crokinole boards in my spare time. It’s like table top shuffleboard and a good way for you and your friends to hate each other worse than a game of uno.

those are fantastic. Someone from my Gencon group was trying to find a good version of this game, but production ones always had flaws in them that effected gameplay. How much to have you make one?

#386 5 years ago

that's a good one. Simple rules, but complex enough to hold older players attention.

2 weeks later
#407 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Gencon has begun. My buddies are a little crazy about it.[quoted image]

I think they need a bigger boat. Gencon is a good time.

3 weeks later
#427 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Anyone here play Dungeon Degenerates? Having a lot of fun with this game.
[quoted image]

this game looks great. Fun?

2 months later
#504 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Anyone ever play Weapons and Warriors? That was a pretty cool game when I was a kid. Not sure if it holds up..
[quoted image]

I have several sets of that. With a bunch of expansions. I spray painted one of the guys gold so each team has a leader. If you lose your leader, you lose a dice when it comes to rolling for shot count. made the game a little more exciting.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Speaking of Magic...
I've played a lot of trading card type games over the years - SWCCG, Magic, WOW, Xwing...
They all have the same flaw - it's difficult to match up with others in a competitive way. Someone always seems to be outmatched by newer (or more expensive) cards.
Are there any standalone games that capture the type of deck building strategy that the collectible games have, without their inherent imbalance? It seems like Gloomhaven may be that type of game? Are there others?

I've done it with WOW TCG. But we don't deck build. I have every character class preconstructed with one for ally one for hoard. So when we decide to play. We each grab a character box and decide what faction to play. Which ever deck loses, gets to trade one card out of the deck for another card out of the boxes of the same type. So if it's a armor piece, swap with another armor piece out of the stash. So far all the decks are very evenly balanced. Makes it easy to start a game since everything is ready to go and we can play any number of people, since there are like 12 character classes.

1 month later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-board-game-players-out-there?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.