800x600-thematic_games-ARTG019-the_thing-mockup (resized).jpg
718AYbKcKhL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
FeatureFilm_CampHappyTrails (resized).jpg
P1040651 (resized).JPG
9089330137548507368 (resized).jpg
20230813_194211 (resized).jpg
Mr President (resized).jpg
20230715_082913 (resized).jpg
There are 1,467 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 30.
#801 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If anybody wants legendary, I have a copy in great shape I’d happily part with for like 20 bucks. just didn’t get into it.

I’ll take it!

#802 3 years ago

If you're a fan of board game and RPG conventions, it's not just the events themselves that are hurting. Apparently, one of the main tools used to schedule all those games at the cons, Table Top Events, is at risk. Instead of shutting down, they've decided to put on a virtual convention and I thought people here might be interested in what's being called the Con of Champions.

https://tabletop.events/conventions/con-of-champion

It appears to be that the more you pay for your badge, the sooner you get to register for game slots.

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

If you're a fan of board game and RPG conventions, it's not just the events themselves that are hurting. Apparently, one of the main tools used to schedule all those games at the cons, Table Top Events, is at risk. Instead of shutting down, they've decided to put on a virtual convention and I thought people here might be interested in what's being called the Con of Champions.
https://tabletop.events/conventions/con-of-champion
It appears to be that the more you pay for your badge, the sooner you get to register for game slots.

Fixing your link:

https://tabletop.events/conventions/con-of-champions

#804 3 years ago

So, one week later it´s finished. Will play it tonight.

94675764_828037344272758_6112689269183086592_o (resized).jpg94675764_828037344272758_6112689269183086592_o (resized).jpg
#805 3 years ago

Based on recommendations here, i got a copy of Terraforming Mars and (unsurprisingly) love it! What a well-designed game! I've been having a blast playing it solo, but look forward to trying multiplayer eventually. Every game has been a race to the finish, and it's really fun trying different corporations and strategies. Just wanted to thank y'all for helping me find a terrific game!

#806 3 years ago

Terraforming Mars is a great game on its own but turns into a more epic lengthy game with the expansions added in.

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Based on recommendations here, i got a copy of Terraforming Mars and (unsurprisingly) love it! What a well-designed game! I've been having a blast playing it solo, but look forward to trying multiplayer eventually. Every game has been a race to the finish, and it's really fun trying different corporations and strategies. Just wanted to thank y'all for helping me find a terrific game!

I've had that in and out of my cart for the past few months. My wife is surprisingly not interested in it, and I really don't like setup, so I ended up just getting the mobile app for now. I haven't had too much of a chance to play it yet.

I ended up ordering Sagrada. I debated on that one, too, but it seems like it will be a good game without too much competitiveness, and should play relatively quick. Another thing I look for is games that play well for 2 players, but scale well. Most of the time it's just me and the wife (especially now), so games that require more players almost never make it to the table.

#808 3 years ago

Terraforming Mars is one of the best. Definitely a personal favorite of mine. Great as a solo game as well, which is a bonus.

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've had that in and out of my cart for the past few months. My wife is surprisingly not interested in it, and I really don't like setup, so I ended up just getting the mobile app for now. I haven't had too much of a chance to play it yet.
I ended up ordering Sagrada. I debated on that one, too, but it seems like it will be a good game without too much competitiveness, and should play relatively quick. Another thing I look for is games that play well for 2 players, but scale well. Most of the time it's just me and the wife (especially now), so games that require more players almost never make it to the table.

I love Sagrada. It's kind of sudoku with beautiful dice and artwork. Plenty of variety with the different tools and stuff to keep it fresh for awhile. The solo is pretty good too. I've played it at 1, 3, and 5 (with the expansion) and it seemed to work well at each. I would imagine it would be great at 2 players.

#810 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I love Sagrada. It's kind of sudoku with beautiful dice and artwork. Plenty of variety with the different tools and stuff to keep it fresh for awhile. The solo is pretty good too. I've played it at 1, 3, and 5 (with the expansion) and it seemed to work well at each. I would imagine it would be great at 2 players.

I’m sure I’m crazy AND dumb, but I wish they’d make a collectors edition of Sagrada with 16-19mm dice, kind of how they made a huge version of Takenoko. The smaller dice are just not as satisfying to roll, and the bigger grid of dice would look cooler. I’ve looked around for big dice in all the right colors with the thought that I’d just figure out how to make the other components myself, but couldn’t come up with all 5

1 week later
#811 3 years ago

Humble has a great deal - lots of board games in computer version for whatever you want ($12 minimum for all of them), including games like Scythe, Twilight Struggle, Carcassone, Love Letter, Patchwork, Small Wonder 2, and more.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/asmodee-play-with-friends

The best part? You can allocate however much money you want to Asmodee (the company that makes the games), Humble (the company that makes the deals), and a charity of your choice. I was able to manually select Project_Pinball as the charity, so threw them ~$10 of my $25 order. Win-win-win for everyone!

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Humble has a great deal - lots of board games in computer version for whatever you want ($12 minimum for all of them), including games like Scythe, Twilight Struggle, Carcassone, Love Letter, Patchwork, Small Wonder 2, and more.
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/asmodee-play-with-friends
The best part? You can allocate however much money you want to Asmodee (the company that makes the games), Humble (the company that makes the deals), and a charity of your choice. I was able to manually select project_pinball as the charity, so threw them ~$10 of my $25 order. Win-win-win for everyone!

Thanks for posting this, killer deal!

#813 3 years ago

Since handing off Legenday was well received, I figure I’ll throw this out there too - Seasons. Never really took to that either. We played it a few times, just didn’t get into it. Everything is in great shape. $20.

#814 3 years ago

Just played Clank! Legacy with my wife for the first time. Never played a clank before. Really fun. Takes up a bunch of room and lots of stickers, but recommend it.

1 month later
#815 3 years ago

Managed to pick up Gloomhaven Jaws of the Lion at Target yesterday. Nice way to introduce the game to anybody that hasn't played. I do like the map setup much better as the main game takes a while to set up and tear down.

#816 3 years ago

Because small, local retail barely makes money in the best of times and being socially distant in a basement only does the best things for thinking coherently, I've been day dreaming of opening a pinball arcade combination friendly local game store... That way it could go bankrupt twice as fast.

All I need now is several hundred thousand dollars in disposable funds and a great name for the store. Since I'm not foolish enough to ask Pinside for money (and the odds of this happening are .000003%)... maybe the denizens of Pinside can play along and feed the delusion by offering some name suggestions for such a bizarre creation as my imagination is clearly broken?

#817 3 years ago

Dimples and Meeples?
Ball and Board?
Silver and Cardboard?

#818 3 years ago

Just seen this tread ..He’ll yeah love board games when covid hit me n boys finally played axis n allies been sitting unboxed last 5 years we had a blast !!this was the rare spring one with no help on YouTube we made our own rules 1 game lasted 6 nights was great wife mad took up kitchen lmao.im going to pick up a couple of the newer ones.

62B0A643-3DA2-4902-9E8A-38B31D5A406F (resized).jpeg62B0A643-3DA2-4902-9E8A-38B31D5A406F (resized).jpeg
#819 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Dimples and Meeples?
Ball and Board?
Silver and Cardboard?

Possibilities, but they don’t really grab me.

The only two I have come up with that are worth sharing are:

Meeple Flippers
Pinball and Wizards

I like neither.

Anyone else want to play?

#820 3 years ago

Was anyone lucky enough to grab a copy of Gloomhaven Jaws of the Lion at Target?

#821 3 years ago

Yes I got mine around 2pm on Sunday. Was pushed back on an end cap, so I did get lucky.

#822 3 years ago

I had no idea that was coming out. It looks pretty perfect for someone like me that was too intimidated to try jumping directly into gloomhaven. I just checked and it's out of stock by me. Hopefully it will be available soon, I think I'll grab it.

My wife and I have been playing Pandemic Legacy S1. It's been pretty great, and that's coming from someone who was pretty underwhelmed with the original Pandemic.

#823 3 years ago

Setting up and taking down gloomhaven is just so time consuming. This looks like it has eliminated that

#824 3 years ago

My game shop says it's a Target exclusive until sometime in August.

#825 3 years ago

My game shop says it's a Target exclusive until sometime in August.

Target has been doing that a lot over the past couple of years, they have been working to position themselves in the game market by signing exclusivity deals with publishers.

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Meeple Flippers
Pinball and Wizards
I like neither.

Keep it simple. Pins & Games.

1 week later
#827 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Meeple Flippers
Pinball and Wizards
I like neither.

Boards and Bumpers
Table Tilt

#828 3 years ago

Table Flip

#829 3 years ago

Any Vital Lacerda fans on here?

#830 3 years ago

I think I like this the most so far, but might adjust it to Table Flippers.

Still not quite there though...

It’s so 2020 that I’m chasing an epiphany on Pipe dream.

#831 3 years ago

To keep this somewhat on topic, I picked up Forgotten Waters today. It’s a sad when a selling point for a new board game is the great remote play features they added.

https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/1074

#832 3 years ago

I love playing Carcassonne but my friends hate it so I can't play... Anyone playing Carcassonne? We can play the online version

#833 3 years ago

Been playing this dice based baseball board game I picked up recently. I usually don’t like sports board games, but for some reason I really enjoy playing this. Maybe I just miss baseball?

73CDB123-8A2F-4A38-B16F-DCCAAE268A92 (resized).jpeg73CDB123-8A2F-4A38-B16F-DCCAAE268A92 (resized).jpeg
#834 3 years ago
Quoted from khezu87:

I love playing Carcassonne but my friends hate it so I can't play... Anyone playing Carcassonne? We can play the online version

Where do you play online?

#835 3 years ago

Finally jumped in on this year’s run of Mayday Crinkinole tables. Not sure how the quality will be, but can’t really go wrong for $99. I’ve wanted one of these for years but didn’t fell like dropping $300+ either. Couple days left on the Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maydaygames/mayday-2020-crokinole-board-2-4-player-maple-or-rosewood

#836 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. Jumped in on that KS. Should be fun and a quick turnaround as well.

#837 3 years ago

Got a chance to play Forgotten Waters. If you like humorous, semi-coop, story games with pirates, you are in for a special treat.

1 week later
#838 3 years ago

I finally got a copy of Wingspan last week. We played a couple of games over the weekend. I really liked it. It's a pretty passive game, so it made for a pretty relaxing but strategic gaming session against the wife.

I also just got a copy of Gloomhaven Jaws of the Lion. I want to dive into that one, but I think we'll probably finish out Pandemic Legacy S1 first over the next few weeks before learning another new game.

#839 3 years ago

The last 2 weekends I put in a strategy of playing a new game, an older one we haven't played in a while, and one simpler, less than an hour type of game. Too often we get an awesome game and it gets buried in with all the new ones and by the time we play it again we have to dive back into the rulebook. This week's new one was Cartographers and is really pretty slick. Simple, but can be challenging, and any amount of people can play at once. The old forgotten ones were Viticulture and Roll Player. Both need to be played more often!

#840 3 years ago

I finally got a copy of Wingspan last week.

I have played it twice now as well. Really sort of pleasant game? Ha. Seems like the best word to me. Fun but relaxing too. The production is great too, really nice components.

Sort of want to eat those eggs though...

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have played it twice now as well. Really sort of pleasant game? Ha. Seems like the best word to me. Fun but relaxing too. The production is great too, really nice components.
Sort of want to eat those eggs though...

Stonemaier Games puts together some of the nice looking games with high quality components. I haven’t played Wingspan yet, but I’m not surprised to hear your sentiments. In fact, my girlfriend and I will be playing Viticulture this evening. Definitely, one of our favorites.

#842 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

In fact, my girlfriend and I will be playing Viticulture this evening. Definitely, one of our favorites.

It is a great one, especially with the Tuscany expansion.

#843 3 years ago

I just got Maracaibo the other day as well. It is Alexander Pfister’s latest, but still haven’t played it yet. Have heard very good things though and have liked everything else I have played of his (Great Western Trail, Mombasa, Isle of Skye)

#844 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I just got Maracaibo the other day as well. It is Alexander Pfister’s latest, but still haven’t played it yet. Have heard very good things though and have liked everything else I have played of his (Great Western Trail, Mombasa, Isle of Skye)

I’ve always wanted to play Great Western Trail. Do you really like it?

#845 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’ve always wanted to play Great Western Trail. Do you really like it?

I like Mombasa better, but GWT is great.

#846 3 years ago

Just picked up gloomhaven jaws of the lion, hoping I can get the wife into it. Have plenty of bgaming friends who would join but during covid it’s a no go.

I can recommend Arkham horror card game with your sig other, even if the theme doesn’t appeal to you

#847 3 years ago

Any Root fans out there? I personally think Root would make a great pinball machine.. Each player can choose a faction and then have different in-game objectives based on who they chose.

Are there any pins out there that compete players vs players directly via playfield objectives changing as opposed to just competing for highest score?

#848 3 years ago

Started playing The Crew this week. Fun co-op trick taking game!

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Any Vital Lacerda fans on here?

I am a huge Vital fan, he might be my favorite designer along with the Mindclash crew since Trickerion is my favorite game. I have been enjoying On Mars, Gallerist and Lisboa quite a bit. I backed Kanban EV and can’t wait to get that to the table.

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

I am a huge Vital fan, he might be my favorite designer along with the Mindclash crew since Trickerion is my favorite game. I have been enjoying On Mars, Gallerist and Lisboa quite a bit. I backed Kanban EV and can’t wait to get that to the table.

At last! I was worried no one else had played anything of his on here.

I also backed Kanban EV. I have all of his games, but still haven’t got On Mars, Escape Plan, or CO2 to the table. For me Lisboa > Vinhos > Gallerist so far.

Not familiar with Mindclash/Trickerion... will have to look into them.

There are 1,467 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-board-game-players-out-there/page/17?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.