800x600-thematic_games-ARTG019-the_thing-mockup (resized).jpg
718AYbKcKhL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
FeatureFilm_CampHappyTrails (resized).jpg
P1040651 (resized).JPG
9089330137548507368 (resized).jpg
20230813_194211 (resized).jpg
Mr President (resized).jpg
20230715_082913 (resized).jpg
There are 1,467 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 30.
#551 5 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Anybody in on Tainted Grail?

Yup. Got in on that pretty quickly!

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Anybody in on Tainted Grail?

Me!

#553 5 years ago

Is there an advantage to getting in on the kickstarter other than receiving your game earlier?

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Is there an advantage to getting in on the kickstarter other than receiving your game earlier?

You don't always get it earlier but you sometime get exclusives and better quality things like double layered boards, minis instaed of printed coardboard characters.....added components etc...

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Ya most of the quality Kickstarter campaigns have “stretch goals” that are incremental goals above the original pledge goal. I’ve had some stretch goals be limited edition add on’s that are never included in the production run games, and never sold after.

Things like unique characters, extra characters, additional player rules, or special rulebooks that include solo gameplay rules

#556 5 years ago

Also a lot of the time you’ll have early access to print and play versions, if you can’t wait for the real game.

#557 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

You don't always get it earlier but you sometime get exclusives and better quality things like double layered boards, minis instaed of printed coardboard characters.....added components etc...

That's worth more than earlier, no question.
Not too many games I'd be willing to take a risk on in case they suck.
Tainted Grail on the other hand looks like it'll be great.

#558 5 years ago

Thank you for mentioning tainted Grail, I think I might try that one.

#559 5 years ago

Yeah, Kickstarter is all about the exclusives. Am I wrong in saying you can pledge for $1 then upgrade to whatever pledge you choose to at a later date? It's a great way of holding a spot, even after the Kickstarter closes, without committing to a certain pledge level. I'm currently backing Pitchcar: The Loop, Blood Rage Digital, and Tainted Grail, each for $1. I'd really like an entry point into Pitchcar, but it's just so damn expensive. $52 plus shipping for one loop seems crazy. The only thing making me think about it is it's really the type of game that you can buy once and keep forever. I know you can do that with most games, but there seems to be this timelessness with this game.

PS: My worry with Tainted Grail is the 2-3 hour time commitment. Most of my friends that tolerate games are only willing to play for 60-90 minutes max. That includes the setup and take down. Right now we're playing though Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 and by the end of the game people are bailing for the upgrade portion of the game, leaving two of us to always make the decisions. It kind of sucks, because then at the beginning of the next game we have to remind the other two what happened.

#560 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, Kickstarter is all about the exclusives. Am I wrong in saying you can pledge for $1 then upgrade to whatever pledge you choose to at a later date?

Some game manufacturer are catching onto this and offering bonuses to people that don't pledge $1 and they are not contributing to stretch goals yet get them when they do the full pledge in the manager.

#561 5 years ago

So pledge $2? Yeah, I get it, but most of these games are pledged x10 over. It's more me trying to get over my fear of missing out.

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So pledge $2? Yeah, I get it, but most of these games are pledged x10 over. It's more me trying to get over my fear of missing out.

It's more that you have to pledge the minimum tier containing the game

#563 5 years ago

I'm in on Tainted Grail. Looks like a mix been between 7th Continent & Gloomhaven to me. You can play it solo as well, so that's an option if your group isn't interested in a long term commitment. Looks like there's going to be well over 100 hours of content unlocked by the end of the campaign. That's insane.

I was completely blown away with the quality of Awaken Realms other games like Nemesis. Backing this one is a no brainer.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I just got done with my first game of Nemo's War 2nd edition and man what a cool game. Rulebook and board were intimidating to begin with, but after getting 1 game under my belt I am impressed. The rulebook is going back in the box as everything I need is all on the board. It's a solo game and really fast paced and challenging. Can't wait to get home and start my 2nd playthrough tonight.

Did you see 2 new expansions are live on Kickstarter now? I almost missed this. 3rd edition of the base game is also available as an add-on. For anyone who missed out the first time, it's one of the best solo games out there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/567823005/nemos-war-bold-and-caring-and-dramatis-personae-ex?ref=discovery&term=nemo%27s

#565 5 years ago

We just introduced Pandemic to our 7 year old girls. We lost, but everyone seemed to have a good time. One of the best things about Pandemic is how quickly things always seem to escalate at the end. We were one turn away from victory, but just could find a way to transfer the cards quickly enough. We've been playing though Legacy Season 2 and replaying the original again cemented my opinion...regular old Pandemic is better then Legacy Season 2.

#566 5 years ago

Ok I’m in on Tainted Grail too. Looks too good to pass up on.

#567 5 years ago

Yes I backed the Nemo one right away. There is another one coming after that with a Pirate motive. Just slightly disappointed that I have the nice laser cut tiles now, but this new expansion adds 2 treasure tiles to it. I hope it doesn't make too much of a difference when I'm digging in the bag. The insert is nice for the 3rd edition as well. Wish they would redo the dice tower.

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

There is another one coming after that with a Pirate motive.

Same company? That would be cool. I've been looking for a good pirate game (merchants & marauders, dead men tell no tales, etc) but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

#569 5 years ago

Was able to play scythe for the first time this week. Oh my what a game!!!!!

IMG_20181216_224147 (resized).jpgIMG_20181216_224147 (resized).jpg
#570 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Was able to play scythe for the first time this week. Oh my what a game!!!!!
[quoted image]

One of my favorites. The expansion are great too.

Looks like you played a personalized, modded version. Painted meeples, expanded board, 3d resources... Good stuff. (I've never seen painted meeples before. Clever)

1 week later
#571 5 years ago

Well my daughter opened fireball island and was like, “Oh, what’s this? Looks like a game for adults” (she’s 8). So I show her that it’s for +7 year olds, and she’s just like “cool”. On to the next present.

Once all the unwrapping was done I started to set up the game and read the rules. Within minutes she’s over checking everything out. “When can we play” is muttered more then once before I’ve even got everything set up, let alone read the rules.

We have family coming in a couple hours, so hopefully she can play with her cousins.

#572 5 years ago

To lazy to get off the couch

20181225_103713 (resized).jpg20181225_103713 (resized).jpg
#573 5 years ago

Crypt arrived last weekend. A great game!

#574 5 years ago

My nephew got clue for christmas. Mrs white for the boot and was replaced with a Dr Orchid.

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

My nephew got clue for christmas. Mrs white for the boot and was replaced with a Dr Orchid.

We have the harry potter clue version, very good twist on the classic with characters more relatable by my kids.

#576 5 years ago

I'm playing my favorite game today, Indonesia. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Happy Gaming!

#577 5 years ago

About to get my gaming on

1545831031261429044585031269475 (resized).jpg1545831031261429044585031269475 (resized).jpg
#578 5 years ago

I haven't been as much into gaming in recent years, but was in deep in my younger days. I once DM'ed a single AD&D campaign that went on for years. Does anybody remember Star Fleet Battles?

SFBv1-3 (resized).pngSFBv1-3 (resized).png
#579 5 years ago

A few years back I got in on a kickstarter for the card game Peasant Buffet. One of the rewards was to get your likeness on one of the cards. That's me at the upper left.

TheHorde (resized).pngTheHorde (resized).png
#580 5 years ago

If you have been putting this game off due to the normal $150 asking price, then wait no more.

8D8CE05F-0F24-4F13-8E09-1C894FB505E6 (resized).png8D8CE05F-0F24-4F13-8E09-1C894FB505E6 (resized).png
#581 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

If you have been putting this game off due to the normal $150 asking price, then wait no more. [quoted image]

Fantastic game, but the setup time means it doesn’t come out as often as I’d like

#582 5 years ago

Just realized it is the #1 ranked game on Boardgamegeek.com.

#583 5 years ago

That's a *really* good price! I just got Gloomhaven for Christmas. Really looking forward to starting up a game night soon...

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Fantastic game, but the setup time means it doesn’t come out as often as I’d like

I hear ya man. That's why I went with a dedicated table for it

#586 5 years ago

I had my copy of Gloomhaven tied up in my basement for the past month working on my solo scenario. Mostly did that so it forced us to play other games. These are some very cool games we played during my soft ban of Gloomhaven.

Treasure Island
Rise of Queensdale
Rising Sun
Keyforge
7 Wonders (plus Armada expansion)
Betrayal Legacy
Game of Thrones Catan
The River

Happy with all those, and also anticipating our return to Gloomhaven. I got 9 more vermlings to kill...

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I had my copy of Gloomhaven tied up in my basement for the past month working on my solo scenario. Mostly did that so it forced us to play other games. These are some very cool games we played during my soft ban of Gloomhaven.
Treasure Island
Rise of Queensdale
Rising Sun
Keyforge
7 Wonders (plus Armada expansion)
Betrayal Legacy
Game of Thrones Catan
The River
Happy with all those, and also anticipating our return to Gloomhaven. I got 9 more vermlings to kill...

How was Keyforge?

#588 5 years ago

Way too addicting. Buying and playing decks. Game is different enough to change your way of thinking.

1 month later
#589 5 years ago

Anyone in on a Play Table?

https://www.playtable.com/

#590 5 years ago

Part of me thinks that looks awesome, the other part thinks it just going to keep people glued to their stupid cell phones. I don't game that much, but it's one of the few times that people seem to actually put their phones down.

That being said, the ability to have a live demo/tutorial is great. Getting people up to speed to actually be able to compete is definitely a huge hurdle that this will help with.

#591 5 years ago

I've been wanting something like this for years. I even built a 42" TV into my gaming table out of frustration that this type of commercial product did not really exist yet. I'm in the target demographic and I hope it succeeds, but I'm not optimistic at that size and price.

#592 5 years ago

Hard pass. For me the whole point of playing board games is going analog. Nothing like playing on a big table with friends with physical pieces. It's a refreshing throwback to the 20th century. The last thing I want to do is play games virtually on a table-sized screen.

3 weeks later
#593 5 years ago

Anyone played Feudum? Thoughts?

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

Anyone played Feudum? Thoughts?

I found it to be a slog

1 month later
#595 4 years ago

I've may need to seek treatment...

Just bought The Lord of the Rings Journeys in Middle Earth and I haven't even opened the box for the Root expansion.

Now I'm putting money into the Kingdom Rush Kickstarter!

Cardboard might make me poorer than pinball.

1 week later
#596 4 years ago

Quick math puts me in the realm of a NIB Stern Pro if I liquidated all my board games. Well for a fair price anyway...

2 weeks later
#597 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Quick math puts me in the realm of a NIB Stern Pro if I liquidated all my board games. Well for a fair price anyway...

Then you get one game VS a few hundred

#598 4 years ago

Well I decided to have them both and just added Munsters pro to my game collection. Just returned to Gloom haven last night after about a seven month hiatus, ironically about the same amount of time I was without a pinball machine in the game room. Both are very welcome returns.

3 weeks later
#599 4 years ago

Just found out, I’m heading to Gen Con this year for the first time since it was in Milwaukee.

Anyone have any Gen Con advice or pinball recommendations for Indy if I get tired of board/role playing games?

There are 1,467 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-board-game-players-out-there/page/12?hl=normscoffee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.