800x600-thematic_games-ARTG019-the_thing-mockup (resized).jpg
718AYbKcKhL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
FeatureFilm_CampHappyTrails (resized).jpg
P1040651 (resized).JPG
9089330137548507368 (resized).jpg
20230813_194211 (resized).jpg
Mr President (resized).jpg
20230715_082913 (resized).jpg
There are 1,467 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 30.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I almost bought Azul when target had it's 3 for 2 sale going on, but I couldn't find other games to pair with it. I also do own Patchwork, which hasn't hit the table yet. How similar are they? For my group games need to be around a 2.0 to 2.5 difficulty to make the range with a play time of 90 minutes or less. Both seemed to fit in that aspect.

I picked up Azul on that sale, and paired it up with Sagrada and Disney Villainous. Only got to play one game of Azul so far with my wife and daughter (10) and we loved it. It's easy to pick up and understand, fun, and has beautiful components. I never played Patchwork, so I can't compare, but that one is on my list too.

I can't wait to play the other two we picked up. I did one solo game of Sagrada and liked it, but I'm sure playing with others will be much better. I was surprised at how deep Villainous is after reading the rules. I expected it to be a lighter family game, but there is quite a bit to it. Not overboard, and still pretty easy to comprehend, just more than I expected. It should be a blast.

#452 5 years ago

Patchwork is a 2 player game with a currency mechanic to getting pieces. Very different from Azul.

#453 5 years ago

Hot dog

Fireball Island just shipped!

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Hot dog

Nice!
I have one coming too.

#455 5 years ago

Love the original game. Hope the sequel is as good or better.

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Hot dog

Did you get a tracking number? Nothing for me yet.

#457 5 years ago

Yeah tracking in the email

#458 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yeah tracking in the email

Do you know or remember what Backer number you are?

#459 5 years ago

#460 5 years ago

Hopefully it’s just delayed because I’m canadian and shipping is different.

My backer number is 2021

#461 5 years ago

Man I'm in NY and I was Backer 263 and I didn't get any shipping info yet .
Guess they have their reasons. Not nervous just anxious lol.

#462 5 years ago

My Fireball Island shipped 11/09/18 and will be here 11/14/18. I know they had different shipping for different countries. I was one of the first day backers, not sure what number. I also bought 2 complete sets with all the add ons.

#463 5 years ago

Strange they’re shipping out of order.

I too had x2 plus an add on.
Sure everyone else will get their email soon.

#464 5 years ago

I'm still waiting for shipment confirmation for Fireball Island

#465 5 years ago

I'm also still waiting for shipping.

#466 5 years ago

The wife and I like to dim the lights and set the mood when playing Mansions Of Madness. Flickering LED candles... and the tablet PC is hooked up to nice stereo speakers for the ambiance.

IMG_3060 (resized).JPGIMG_3060 (resized).JPG

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Hopefully it’s just delayed because I’m canadian and shipping is different.
My backer number is 2021

Im backer 611 but since im from Canada i expect it will take a bit longer.

#468 5 years ago

Fireball update via email. Basically says....

They have 16,000 units to ship in the US and 2000 have already been shipped out the door. Shipping will continue

Canada and Australia shipping begins next week.

They still believe the backers will receive their game by months. (I dunno about that one but remain hopeful)

#469 5 years ago

Keyforge anyone?

#470 5 years ago

I got 4 decks, none with inappropriate names. Played it with makeshift tokens, just waiting for the official starter pack.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Fireball update via email. Basically says....
They have 16,000 units to ship in the US and 2000 have already been shipped out the door. Shipping will continue
Canada and Australia shipping begins next week.
They still believe the backers will receive their game by months. (I dunno about that one but remain hopeful)

My Fireball Island is arriving Friday! I actually think playing the original as a kid was the inception force that started my interest in pinball.

#472 5 years ago

Exciting months ahead! My initial Kickstarters are just beginning to ship. I received Deadwood 1876 last week & received the email that Fireball Island is currently in transit.

Also got the notification that Phase 1 of Nemesis should arrive late Nov/early Dec. That is the game I'm the most excited to dive into.

#473 5 years ago

I haven't gotten my fireball island email yet, but I'm so excited! I hope it's still fun.

#474 5 years ago

I always get my notification emails from QML the day of or the day after it actually arrives. I looked at Fedex and mine arrives tomorrow. Last of my KS to arrive until spring. I backed out of Nemesis at the last minute. So much to play now anyway.

Currently playing The Rise of Queensdale which is so far an excellent legacy game for 4 players. It's a bit like Charterstone in that you are building up your corner of the world. Really unique way of changing your landscape. The plunger that is the current player token has an actual use in the game.

#475 5 years ago

I feel the same way Groo, I rediscovered boardgames this year and kind of went on a spending binge which I feel now will last me a lifetime of play. I have to cool down. Some in this list are still in KS 2019 pledges..

Scythe | Brass Lancashire & Birmingham | Robinson Cruesoe | Fireball Island | Dice Forge | Jamaica | King's Forge | Maximum Apocalypse | Nemesis | Tidal Blades | Project L | Everdell & Pearlbrook expansion | Miremarsh | Tang Garden | The Island of El Dorado with Thieves Expansion | Trickerion with expansion | Posthuman Saga | Neta Tanka | 1347 The Black Plague | The Faceless | Crypt | Chronicles of Crime | Azul | Dragoon with Expansion | Escape Teh Curse Temple | Great Western Trail | Isla Dorada | Junk Art | Loony Quest | Oceanos | Outlive | Luxor | Black Orchestra | Coimbra | Pingo Pingo | Yamatai | Ticket To Ride with 1921 Expansion | Survive Escape from Atlantis | Arcane Alley | REavers of Midgard | Valhalla | Monumental | Pandemic | and about 10 more....

Come to think of it I hadn't realazied I had purchased so many....

#476 5 years ago

Anyone play the Warhammer based game Blood Bowl? I was looking into buying/building that game.

#477 5 years ago

I've bought quite a bit in the past 2 years. I counted yesterday and have almost 50 games that I don't have what I consider a complete game on or haven't played. I pick up games that would fit my different groups and player counts but have ended up spending most of the time playing Gloomhaven anyway. I did start cancelling my KS pledges and have been lucky to pick up KS versions in stores after they shipped and I reconsidered. Endeavor, Dinosaur Island, Western Legends, Root, all in that category.

Lately it seems a lot of campaigns and legacy games have been getting the most time with some light fillers like Azul/Sagrada/Clank! mixed in. Gloomhaven and the Sycthe Rise of Fenris campaign are excellent. 2nd round of Charterstone, new Queensdale, Pandemic Legacy 2, Betrayal legacy, and even Werewolf Legacy will dominate the end of the year.

#478 5 years ago

I concur... So many games and so little time. (It's also impacting installing pinball upgrades)

I bought the Scythe expansion Rise of Fenris weeks ago and have yet to play it and have a half finished game of 7th Continent in save mode that has not been touched for months.

Gloomhaven has hit a bit of a bump as our character class mix and levels are not complimentary and causing us to get exhausted too quickly even when bumping the levels down.

#479 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I feel the same way Groo, I rediscovered boardgames this year and kind of went on a spending binge which I feel now will last me a lifetime of play. Come to think of it I hadn't realazied I had purchased so many....

Ha! This is the exact same thing that happened to me. Stumbled on this thread a year ago & I fell right down down the rabbit hole, along with my wallet. I entered my games into BBG to keep track of them & couldn't believe how many I backed or pre-ordered...

Batman: Gotham City Chronicles | Deadwood 1867 | Salem 1692 | Tortuga 1667 | Fireball Island | Dinosaur Island | Crypt | Unbroken | Nemesis | Mr Cabbagehead's Garden | Escape the Dark Castle | Tudor | Freedom: The Underground Railroad | Crusader Kings | Cthulu: Death May Die | The Island of ElDorado | Escape Plan | Planetarium | Inhuman Conditions | Pocket Ballpark | Set A Watch | Campy Creatures | Civics In Chaos | Fury of Dracula | Uboot

That doesn't count the readily available games I've bought off the shelf...

Axis & Allies | Nemo's War | Star Wars Rebellion | Azul | Hannibal & Hamilcar | 1775 Rebellion | Carson City | Deception: Murder in Hong Kong | Sheriff of Nottingham | Downforce | King of Tokyo | Memoir 1944 | Secret Hitler | Terraforming Mars | The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31 | Ticket to Ride | Trajan | Viticulture

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem! Now I'm realizing that I'm going to have put all these Kickstarters somewhere when they arrive. It's time to pump the breaks on purchases. I've got a wide selection at this point.

#480 5 years ago

I too have the perpetual 7th continent set up on one table and Nemo's War on the other table. I really want to dive into the Arkham Horror LCG this holiday as well since I have all the expansions taunting me from under the pool table. At least I think it's a pool table. Right now it holds several board games as well.

Our Gloomhaven hit a speed bump too as we had multiple retirements at once and a new player swapped in. Lost the last mission by one turn.

#481 5 years ago

Pulled Thunder Road down off the shelf (haven't played it years) and found out that it hasn't aged all that well, literally. The gameplay is still fun though would have been more fun with more players but we wish we had figured out earlier that the dice have warped over time and one of the red dice has developed a much higher probability of rolling a six.P1020400 (resized).JPGP1020400 (resized).JPG

#482 5 years ago

Our copy of the new Fireball Island came in today, figured I'd post a quick comparison picture of new to old. Played a game of both versions, original is still fun and fairly fast, new one is definitely a bit more complex and will take a few more games for me to have a strong opinion. We didn't play with the expansions, so it'll be interesting to see what they add to it.

P1020405 (resized).JPGP1020405 (resized).JPG
#483 5 years ago
Quoted from Jawa:

Our copy of the new Fireball Island came in today, figured I'd post a quick comparison picture of new to old. Played a game of both versions, original is still fun and fairly fast, new one is definitely a bit more complex and will take a few more games for me to have a strong opinion. We didn't play with the expansions, so it'll be interesting to see what they add to it.
[quoted image]

Nice, I did the exact same!
1 new game without using any expansions...
Too early to judge it fully but I don’t think it’ll ever be better than the original.

9CEBA169-C705-4400-B9BF-E59BFCD569FD (resized).jpeg9CEBA169-C705-4400-B9BF-E59BFCD569FD (resized).jpeg
#484 5 years ago

We played a few with just the main game and then a couple with the card expansions. The original does have some nostalgia, but with everything the new one has it will far exceed it. Those marbles definitely have a mind of their own! We'll do the mini expansions this week and save the pirate ship for last. Definitely a unique game for sure.

#485 5 years ago

Fireball Island shipped today!

Should make a nice Christmas gift for the family.

Congrats to everyone on bringing this game back to life.

I was backer #7013.

#486 5 years ago

Restoration games did a great job with Fireball, as well as Stop Thief. I just realized that Dinosaur Tea Party is pretty much a remake of Whosit? which we played a ton of back in the day too. Just hoping now they bring back Gambler.

#487 5 years ago

Just got my FedEx shipment notification for Fireball Island!!!

#488 5 years ago

Has anyone played betrayal legacy? Thoughts?

#489 5 years ago

I unboxed my Fireball Island this weekend. Looks like it's going to be fun to play.

I'd say the only letdown was the box. As far as other new board games go, it's severely lacking in quality. Very thin cardboard & flimsy. They should have made a thicker stronger box one of the stretch goals, but I'm guessing that would have added more weight to an already large box & added to the shipping costs. Plus it's not easy to fit everything back in the box after playing.

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Anyone play the Warhammer based game Blood Bowl? I was looking into buying/building that game.

I am. I have like 8 teams.

#491 5 years ago

I got my tracking # for fireball island today, should be here tomorrow.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I unboxed my Fireball Island this weekend. Looks like it's going to be fun to play.
I'd say the only letdown was the box. As far as other new board games go, it's severely lacking in quality. Very thin cardboard & flimsy. They should have made a thicker stronger box one of the stretch goals, but I'm guessing that would have added more weight to an already large box & added to the shipping costs. Plus it's not easy to fit everything back in the box after playing.

I get into the habit of reinforcing the box corners with clear gorilla tape. I have some large games that have been well used over the years.

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Game is tons of fun with the expansions.
Agree box is too thin and small.

#493 5 years ago

Speaking of retro releases, I just saw Crossfire for sale at target. 25$! seems to be identical to the first release.

#494 5 years ago

Crossfire!!! CrossFIRE!!!

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Speaking of retro releases, I just saw Crossfire for sale at target. 25$! seems to be identical to the first release.

It sucks. The guns dont shoot strong enough to even move the target across the board. When I play with my kids, we start with half the balls each, then when I run out of balls I go do something else while my kid tries to move the target off his side of the board.

#496 5 years ago

I think I still have a bone bruise on the inner part of my index finger from Crossfire.

#497 5 years ago

Finally it arrived!!

IMG_20181127_1537058.jpgIMG_20181127_1537058.jpg
#498 5 years ago

Here's my shelves.

46412239_10156889866193784_859062573813727232_n (resized).jpg46412239_10156889866193784_859062573813727232_n (resized).jpg
#499 5 years ago

Anyone ever play Weapons and Warriors? That was a pretty cool game when I was a kid. Not sure if it holds up..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#500 5 years ago

Looking for some board games to get my wife for xmas. Gloomhaven and Scythe are mentioned a lot. A good avenue to go? We have Settlers of Catan, Smallworld, ticket to ride, dominion, splendor, 7 wonders. a few others. Seems like gloomhaven and Scythe are a bit different from that set?

There are 1,467 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-board-game-players-out-there/page/10?hl=jester523 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.