(Topic ID: 193495)

Any "Balls-a-Poppin" Collecters?

By Mopar

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0868 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0867 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Balls-a-Poppin is the only Bally pin that I have from the 50s. Pics of others show
    the Card Apron being a solid yellow. This one looks pretty good to be custom.
    Has anyone seen this Card Tray on a B-a-P or perhaps on another Bally machine
    from this era? (T)

IMG_0867 (resized).JPGIMG_0867 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Looking at the IPDB photos of this game. The pins on the BaP page have yellow lower aprons. Also the inner cabinet is painted that yellow/lime colour, that is on the outside of the cabinet.

A good guess would be that your game has had some kind of vinyl film stuck on to the areas in your photo. On the lower left corner and around the edge of your apron there is yellow visible. That funky film could of been put on in the late 1960's or the early 1970's.

#3 6 years ago

Yeah, after a closer look, it's not even on perfectly straight.
    With the original being a solid color, shouldn't be any problem
    to correct it..

#4 6 years ago

Wow! You have one of my EM grails. Congrats!

If you ever get a chance to take video of the game play, I would love to see the multiball going crazy.

Marcus

#5 6 years ago

One of my EM grails as well. Played one in Raphael Lankar's pinball museum in Paris. Amazingly ahead of its time.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

I would love to see the multiball going crazy.

Quoted from jlm33:

Amazingly ahead of its time.

Yes, a couple of Pinball Friends said that it's a blast to play. One of quite a few
    others I'd really like to have set up. It could use a glass, and if I have one made
    in the next few months, I'll go through it this Winter and have a Vid made..
    Marcus, I remember sending you a couple of machines. One being a Diamond
    Jack. One of my favorite titles. Still have that one?
    Like another 1956 woodrail (Williams "Fun House") that I just pulled out of storage
    this past week, B-a-P has its original paperwork..

IMG_0868 (resized).JPGIMG_0868 (resized).JPG

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

Wow! You have one of my EM grails. Congrats!
    If you ever get a chance to take video of the game play, I would love to see the multiball going crazy.
    Marcus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-balls-a-poppin-collecters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.