• 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Inventor_works.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sp005.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Does anyone know of an Avengers machine on location in NJ or within an hour drive of Northern NJ? Ideally an LE so I can decide on getting and LE or the Premium, but having not heard of any I am not too optimistic.

#4 11 years ago

Northern NJ - Essex County

Quoted from Lermods:

I'm about an hour from you, but only have a pro. Pm me if you want to play.

Thanks for the offer. After Easter maybe I can take you up on that. I'll shoot you a PM next week if I can't find an LE.

#18 11 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions. Funplex isn't too far from the house and I have been meaning to take the kids there. Even the BBQ place is promising and I will travel for a decent meal and pinball.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Well, I'm in Rockland County New York, at the Jersey border. After 2 complete Hulk mech tear downs My Avengers LE is finally working perfectly. And Ive played the game addictively even when it wasn't working!
You're welcome to come and play mine. Plus Im getting an ACDC Premium delivered this week and I have a couple other cool games, including a real nice CSI which isn't too common.
Maybe I should have a little pin party for all the local guys...we were talking about doing one, but unless they had one and didn't invite me - you know, the TFA is an evil troll - we still haven't had one.

Thanks for the offer. Maybe sometime in the next few weeks we can find a good time. At the very least I might want to pick your brain considering it took you awhile to get it dialed in.

#27 11 years ago

Depending on details I might be interested in meeting up this weekend.

I did end up driving the family out to Old West BBQ this weekend. It wasn't a bad meal and it was nice to see a new machine on location. It was clean and appeared to be fully functional. I heeded some advice in another thread and showed up with a roll of quarters.

All told we played about 15 games and it showed me that I am really not that good of a player. The game was set with wide open outlanes and really short ball save times. I don't think my home games are set up too easy but I may need to revisit that. I don't get the opportunity to play on location much.

I have to say I was actually disappointed with the game play. As others have said, the tesseract looks very weak, and the ball got hung up quite often on the lip by the Hulk. The ball hang up was frequent enough that it detracted from the play. It was really disappointing as this is a dream theme and I wanted to love it. I still want to try an LE and I hope to checkout the pro at funplex soon for a comparison. Both my wife and I left being very underwhelmed by the game. I need to watch some videos of game play and finish reading the pinballnews review. I am hoping what I saw was the exception.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sp005.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-avengers-on-location-in-nj?tu=sp005 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.