• Latest reply 11 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Inventor_works.gif
#1 11 years ago

Does anyone know of an Avengers machine on location in NJ or within an hour drive of Northern NJ? Ideally an LE so I can decide on getting and LE or the Premium, but having not heard of any I am not too optimistic.

#2 11 years ago

Where is Verona?

#3 11 years ago

I'm about an hour from you, but only have a pro. Pm me if you want to play.

#4 11 years ago

Northern NJ - Essex County

Quoted from Lermods:

I'm about an hour from you, but only have a pro. Pm me if you want to play.

Thanks for the offer. After Easter maybe I can take you up on that. I'll shoot you a PM next week if I can't find an LE.

#5 11 years ago

There's a Pro at Funplex in East Hanover. I made the kids wait for me to play a couple of games amongst the madness of birthday parties and Magic Questers this weekend.

#6 11 years ago

Someone posted one 2weeks ago in Annandale. Place called Old west BBQ from what I remember.

#7 11 years ago

Argh! It's about an hour 20 min from me!

#8 11 years ago

Well, I'm in Rockland County New York, at the Jersey border. After 2 complete Hulk mech tear downs My Avengers LE is finally working perfectly. And Ive played the game addictively even when it wasn't working!

You're welcome to come and play mine. Plus Im getting an ACDC Premium delivered this week and I have a couple other cool games, including a real nice CSI which isn't too common.

Maybe I should have a little pin party for all the local guys...we were talking about doing one, but unless they had one and didn't invite me - you know, the TFA is an evil troll - we still haven't had one.

#9 11 years ago

This must be NW Jersey?

#10 11 years ago

I'm in Park Ridge so you are probably within 10 minutes of me. I'd love to play Avengers!!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Well, I'm in Rockland County New York, at the Jersey border. After 2 complete Hulk mech tear downs My Avengers LE is finally working perfectly. And Ive played the game addictively even when it wasn't working!
You're welcome to come and play mine. Plus Im getting an ACDC Premium delivered this week and I have a couple other cool games, including a real nice CSI which isn't too common.
Maybe I should have a little pin party for all the local guys...we were talking about doing one, but unless they had one and didn't invite me - you know, the TFA is an evil troll - we still haven't had one.

Good luck with the acdc - fun game. I would love to bop up the pip and check out ALE if you do have a get together.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

Someone posted one 2weeks ago in Annandale. Place called Old west BBQ from what I remember.

I was the someone. PRMailers has also posted about this location. It is on the PINMAP under "Places to Play"

#14 11 years ago

i have an avengers le on location here at rock fantasy concert shop in middletown ny i am near northern nj ! i also have a room full of pinballs to play here at the shop . www.rockfantasy.com

#15 11 years ago

When's yer next super-cool party??

#16 11 years ago

We'll figure out a day or night (or both!) to have a gig. Anyone local is def invited. This week not the best as kids are home on school break.

However, any locals may feel free to pm me and invite themselves over. If its doable I'm game.

#18 11 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions. Funplex isn't too far from the house and I have been meaning to take the kids there. Even the BBQ place is promising and I will travel for a decent meal and pinball.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Thanks for the offer. Maybe sometime in the next few weeks we can find a good time. At the very least I might want to pick your brain considering it took you awhile to get it dialed in.

#19 11 years ago

We need to find a place (less than a hour from any of us Jersey folk) and meet up for some food and grog. That Bask place was very cool...BUT, it only had an AC/DC pro? (the one without the mini-playfield in the basement)
Come to my neck of the woods (The Porterhouse) and cigars are on me!

#20 11 years ago

I'm ready. You guys can help me lug TFLE out to my office. All pins are up and running on all cylinders. ACDC Prem live as of 2 hours ago!

#21 11 years ago

Maybe next weekend?

#22 11 years ago

Ill check the calendar!

#23 11 years ago

Inventor_works.gifInventor_works.gif

#24 11 years ago

As of now, if some guys want to come up and play some pins and hang out at my place next Sat. Nite ill host. Or, ill drive to someone else's crib.

#25 11 years ago

Let's get a few, I'll put the word out...

#26 11 years ago

Go for it.

#27 11 years ago

Depending on details I might be interested in meeting up this weekend.

I did end up driving the family out to Old West BBQ this weekend. It wasn't a bad meal and it was nice to see a new machine on location. It was clean and appeared to be fully functional. I heeded some advice in another thread and showed up with a roll of quarters.

All told we played about 15 games and it showed me that I am really not that good of a player. The game was set with wide open outlanes and really short ball save times. I don't think my home games are set up too easy but I may need to revisit that. I don't get the opportunity to play on location much.

I have to say I was actually disappointed with the game play. As others have said, the tesseract looks very weak, and the ball got hung up quite often on the lip by the Hulk. The ball hang up was frequent enough that it detracted from the play. It was really disappointing as this is a dream theme and I wanted to love it. I still want to try an LE and I hope to checkout the pro at funplex soon for a comparison. Both my wife and I left being very underwhelmed by the game. I need to watch some videos of game play and finish reading the pinballnews review. I am hoping what I saw was the exception.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

That is 10 minutes from me, I think I will check it out tomorrow!

#29 11 years ago

I've invited some locals over Sat. Nite. You're more than welcome. I need to confirm with everyone. I know some are busy, but I think if there are at least 4 or 5 of us it would be real fun.

#30 11 years ago

I think I'm in! PM info ...(and what you like to drink)...cigars??

#31 11 years ago

Wish I didn't have the Devils game Saturday evening. Would have really liked to meet up. Oh well, maybe next time...

#32 11 years ago

Devils Smevils, we're talkin' Pinball here....

#33 11 years ago

Ted, glad to hear it! No cigars in the house (I know, I know) but you're welcome to puff away in the yard just outside the game room!

Bring whatever you like to drink. I've got some wine and beer laying around, plus some hard stuff, but ill be picking up stuff as well.

Bringing anyone?

#34 11 years ago

So far, no. Maybe start that thread letting the local Pinsiders know.
Cigars outside is fine...57 degrees!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-avengers-on-location-in-nj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.