(Topic ID: 308239)

Any advice where to find this specific playfield screw?

By YippieKiYay

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

13450C8B-4A79-4124-8250-3ADA5A7F6F12 (resized).jpeg
8D4E3ECE-1C54-4B7A-9F18-F814DEFB7F42 (resized).jpeg
F08701FF-AEF3-4245-A93C-A3E3E2CAF761 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YippieKiYay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Does anyone know where this screw can still be purchased? I’ve found it is normally used for playfield plastics and goes through a black standoff. I can’t find what the original part number was or any for sale at Marco, Pinball Life or other sources. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

13450C8B-4A79-4124-8250-3ADA5A7F6F12 (resized).jpeg13450C8B-4A79-4124-8250-3ADA5A7F6F12 (resized).jpeg8D4E3ECE-1C54-4B7A-9F18-F814DEFB7F42 (resized).jpeg8D4E3ECE-1C54-4B7A-9F18-F814DEFB7F42 (resized).jpegF08701FF-AEF3-4245-A93C-A3E3E2CAF761 (resized).jpegF08701FF-AEF3-4245-A93C-A3E3E2CAF761 (resized).jpeg
#5 2 years ago

Dr, length is 1-5/8" and is a #6. I have done this very thing you suggest, chucked in a drill and spin it but often they're kinda stripped (where the phillips head screw fits).
Northvibe, like I posted, I can't find it in the Taxi manual or any other System 11 manual either. I've had success with Marco listing numerous other #6 or #8 size screws, just not this one.
FatPanda, I'd agree, I most certainly can make something close, just looking to see if it really is still available. If it is I'd still like to purchase since I'll be doing a bunch of playfield swaps in the near future. I just did a Bad Cats playfield swap and currently working on a Taxi swap. Hence the reason for the post.
I appreciate the replies. If anyone knows specifically where to still find it, please let me know.

#9 2 years ago

FatPanda, I will page through the Williams Blue manual.
bluespin, I will check out Ace. I agree, HomeDepot and Lowes aren't the best source. I have a local hardware store here called Moyer Lumber and they do have a great selection, just not exactly the original one. A couple of Ace locations near too, just haven't checked them out as of yet.
chris_p, that really looks close in the Marco link you provided. I measured from the tip of the screw to the underside of the washer so technically at 1-1/2", just a bit shy of the 1-5/8" but may just work fine for what I'm looking for. Next Marco order, I'll tack a few of these on to see if they're the same.
Thanks for all the responses and suggestions.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YippieKiYay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-advice-where-to-find-this-specific-playfield-screw?tu=YippieKiYay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.