(Topic ID: 203267)

Any advice on how to adjust flippers on a Stern Pro with posts?

By snaroff

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DNO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I just picked up a NIB AS Pro with mis-aligned flippers out of the box. If I lift the PF entirely, adjusting the flipper is a PITA.

Any tricks of the trade here? For my Bally 80's titles, I would take a pool cue and insert it into a fairly standard hole in the PF. Stern doesn't appear to have a place to insert a pool cue.

I've been belly aching about these posts for years (along with many of you). It's one thing to provide a less expensive but equivalent mechanism (like the backbone screws, or lockdown hinges), but the posts just don't work. Adjusting the flippers shouldn't be this difficult...especially when the manufacturer doesn't take the time to align the flippers properly.

Thanks for any help,

snaroff

3 weeks later
    #2 6 years ago

LTG can probably tell you.

#3 6 years ago

I imagine he'd tell me to purchase the rails, which I've done

The posts are just useless...one day, Stern will abolish them and do the right thing.

snaroff

#4 6 years ago

I total agree with you here, Stern not including maintenance rails on pros is just ridiculous. I've seen some of the tech around here pull the playfield out and set it down with the wiring resting on the edge of the machine to work on it and even though I cringe every time I see this done; so far, there hasn't been any ill effects from them doing so.

This is my personal experience and is your to do with as you will.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I total agree with you here, Stern not including maintenance rails on pros is just ridiculous. I've seen some of the tech around here pull the playfield out and set it down with the wiring resting on the edge of the machine to work on it and even though I cringe every time I see this done; so far, there hasn't been any ill effects from them doing so.
    This is my personal experience and is your to do with as you will.

I've bent Stern executive's ears on this one for years. With all the competition for pinball $$, I'm hopeful they will finally throw Pro customers a bone and do the right thing on this. It benefits everyone, since flippers are a big maintenance issue.

#6 6 years ago

As long as you keep buying their shit machines, why would they change it?

#7 6 years ago

You can buy service rails and attach them yourself; sadly that's the only way they're going to change.

#8 6 years ago

I always set pro playfields on the sling brackets, never had a single problem setting it on those, just dont pinch wires.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from ngoett:

I always set pro playfields on the sling brackets, never had a single problem setting it on those, just dont pinch wires.

Yup that'll work.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from ngoett:

This

#11 6 years ago

Rest the brackets on the lockdown receiver, put a rag or shirt down to protect things more if you like.
    Be careful not to knock it off the brackets, it can try to slide.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-advice-on-how-to-adjust-flippers-on-a-stern-pro-with-posts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.