(Topic ID: 197455)

any advice on convincing an operator to sell an on location pin?

By Fusionwerks

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-09-06-22-13-29 (resized).png
download (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fusionwerks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

just as the topic title says. any advice? I've contacted the amusement leasing company and left a message, but haven't heard back yet, if at all. i just want to have some ammo going in.

#6 6 years ago

I agree they probably get a lot of calls, but I'm in a relatively small town and the location isn't really on most adults radar (Skating Rink). Down side of that is they probably do make a lot on this machine from kids dumping quarters in it. They obviously have zero maintenance on it since the fist review in 2012 on the Pinmaps indicated the same problems it still has now. Its tough because it is THE machine i want and its local.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Send out a "Wanted to buy" ad here. It's not the only copy of the game. There is no advice to give on making someone sell something they don't have for sale except offer them a stack of cash. It would need to be more than it's worth to make them think about it.

Yeah i already have. All I've got so far is the Ebay listings, which I'm not going for. I'm patient, and I will find it, and buy it when the price is right. I'm new to this site, so i thought I'd ask and see how people feel about it. I understand if they dont want to sell it... I wouldn't... But if you dont ask, the answers always no...

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

same here every penny I get from pins and then some goes right back into buying more machines or buying spare parts. Eventually I'd like to be able to save but I'm happy either way. The machines do fairly well, but not good enough to make a living off of. That's why I diversify.
I've had a lot of people ask me if I'd sell them my machines. Usually I take that as they want the game for dirt cheap because it's a routed machine. I usually don't bother getting back to them because it will more then likely be a low-ball offer.
On the other hand, if I was like most ops who did zero maintenance and just went in to the cash box during collection day, I might be inclined to sell. It's pretty easy to tell who those ops are, you might have better luck with them. Also if the machine is still getting some play from multiple people, I doubt they would sell.

I would be willing to pay a fair price for it because it is the machine i want. But I'm sure being the only game besides Ms PAC MAN in a skating rink, its getting played. And its not well maintained, but understandably so given the location. It just sucks because as a pinballer in a small town, with limited pins to play, I dont want to play it in a skating rink full of kids.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Jam something in the quarter slot so it stops earning money.

Good call, and then i need to figure out when collection day is...

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

What game is it?

Jurassic Park

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

There may be one for sale here in Lincoln very soon.

Keep me in mind please

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And that's why it's basically a no win situation. You're hoping to get it cheap with a bunch of hundos in your hand, he's looking it up online and sees it's "worth" 4 times what you're asking, no meeting of the minds. If it does happen you get an overpriced game probably in poor shape...which you could have done without the leg work.

I'm not looking to rip him off, but I agree. Right now there are about 5 on Ebay going for around $3500-$4500 and Pinsides "median asking price" is $2470. I wonder which listing he'd look at?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

Maybe he'd take a fully working, clean game of comparable value in trade. He gets a new title, no extra work and you get the game you want.

If i only had pins to trade... Just finally getting started with collecting. Long time player... First time owner

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I heard JP was $4000 game bro

It may be, like i said, I'm new in the "game", just going off pinsides market price as a guide.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

One in Chicago for 2600 right now I think

Do you have a link?

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Addendum: Another collector just located a NIB DE JP that was found in the care of widow of an old operator in the last couple of weeks. He bought the game for $500, although she offered the game to him for free as a friend. Truth is stranger than fiction.

I saw that post and it broke my heart...

#65 6 years ago

And to everyone that added insight to this topic, I appriciate it, but i have decided to NOT persue this particular machine any further. Since the start of this thread I have had numerous leads on this game far below the craigslist and eBay outrageous prices, and not too far from me. Thank you again everyone

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fusionwerks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-advice-on-convincing-an-operator-to-sell-an-on-location-pin?tu=fusionwerks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.