(Topic ID: 197455)

any advice on convincing an operator to sell an on location pin?

By Fusionwerks

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-09-06-22-13-29 (resized).png
download (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 6 years ago

I think it's silly to think that in today's advance of information and how hard it is to route a pin that an operator would not know the value of his machine.

I also think there is a lot of "old" experience is being told on this topic. As an operator I take exceptional care of my pins, all of them play flawless and all but one is beautiful inside and out (it plays super nice and is fully functional) also I am legit with a LLC, proper records keeping for taxes and not just putting pins up from my home.

A lot of the picture that has been painted in this topic is a dirty cheating operator that is evading taxes, doesn't take care of his equipment, who is very angry all the time, hordes equipment and sells to know one due to possible competition. This is not the case today.

I am happy to discuss selling a pin off route, not because there is something wrong with it, it's good to change the line up. I am happy to meet and discuss, break down the pin, help load, answer questions, but only to a serious buyer. I also encourage other people to become operators, I have helped one guy become an operator and helping another right now. I don't care about "competition". There are more places to put pins in today than operators can keep up with. I love to promote pinball and would love to see pins everywhere!

I will say this, don't go and offer up $1000 less than what they sell for, when a pin is sold another has to fill its place. It doesn't make since to take a loss like that. Also, don't offer up trades that are a lateral trade, it doesn't make since to move a good working and earning pin for one that is unknown, needs prepared for route and has a lot of leg work in moving stuff around. If it wasn't listed for sale, you have to offer up a reason to sell. A humble buyer will get a better deal from me than a know it all, aggressive one that is going to be a pain in the rear. I think most ops would sell if they weren't worried of having to deal with the pin again when it leaves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-advice-on-convincing-an-operator-to-sell-an-on-location-pin?tu=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.