• Latest reply 7 years ago by ParaBax
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

condom (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

My brother had recently purchased two pinball machines (Skateball and Flight 2000) that I was nice enough to pick up for him. Anyhow, when i plug in the Flight 2000 table all the lights turn on and it just makes a loud "humming" sound. It was stored in a storage room which looked like a barn on a resort outside of San antonio tx, so needless to say it needs some love. I was just wondering where do I start to get this machine in prestine shape again like it just came off the line? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

Any advice for a first timer?

condom (resized).jpgcondom (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Get out while you still can lol.... i planned on having 2 cheap decent condition pins max...... that didnt work out at all. I now have some of the nicest top pins ever made....

#5 7 years ago

Start with a thorough cleaning. Always check the fuses for correct values before you turn it on. Have a least a decent multimeter to check voltages at test points. Start at the rectifier board. Correct voltages can be found in the early stern/Bally pinwiki.

#6 7 years ago

Make sure you wear a mask cleaning that F2000.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 3.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-advice-for-a-first-timer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.