10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Sharon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sharon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Went antiquing with the in-laws this weekend in Virginia. Found a place that had an overpriced bowler, and four pins. Sadly, it was pretty obvious that they were badly cared for, for a long time. One had every piece of metal I could see inside it covered in rust, and the transformer had actual mold on it. Another had a thick layer of dust over all the insides and most of the solder points I checked were cracked at best. I'm not sure I would have paid the asking prices for those games in good condition, much less project condition. I am not sure if the sellers have no idea what prices they should go for, or if they think the buyers would have no idea.

Went to a different place, and the guy had a very nice looking EM, but he said it wasn't for sale, he was keeping it. I suppose I would have too lol. Wasted trip for me, but the in-laws had fun.

#3 10 years ago

It was kind of funny, the shop girl was all happy to show me the new pinball machines that just came in. And then I started opening things up and telling her the condition. And I might have mentioned that they were priced to sit there for a very long time.

#5 10 years ago

ohhh a '47? I have a '47 ESCO that's giving me trouble. Was yours flipperless or aftermarket flippers?

I'd love to finish the restore on that. Unfortunately, it's 3rd in line.

#7 10 years ago

oh, that's a pretty one!

I do have all the caps, but they don't stay on very well. Right now, it's stuck in tilt and I'm not sure why. Sometimes, I can get the three ball eject holes in the pf to work, and once I had the bumpers working but not anymore. I have a schematic but not a manual.

Mine has aftermarket flippers, but I'm not sure I want to keep them, it's just a wire strung from the fuse (upped from 5 to 30a by someone to make them not blow it) to the transformer to the left flipper. Wire from the left to right flipper, and wire from the left flipper to the flipper coil, which is joined to the right flipper coil by a wire. I don't like that much of a change for the fuses, it's going to run awful hot.

I'd love to get it fully restored.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sharon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/antiquing?tu=Sharon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.