• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dueyftw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I'm slowly moving my games to an enclosed trailer:

Here is a pinball game I own:

I have more pure mechanical and will posting. Don't like and please Don't subscribe. I don't want to make money off of Youtube, otherwise I would have to file taxes.
More:

More:

Dale

#2 1 year ago

You have to sign up for the Youtube Partner Program to get monetization, and likes and subscriptions don't affect ad revenue. Don't worry Dale, the government won't track you here

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

You have to sign up for the Youtube Partner Program to get monetization, and likes and subscriptions don't affect ad revenue. Don't worry Dale, the government won't track you here

I get just under 30k a year. Most of it is from social security and the other that is from a retirement plan. Because of the combination I don't owe any money in income tax. Therefore I don't file. I could demonetize my YouTube channel but it's just easier to ask people not to subscribe and like. If somehow I do make any money I will be open to suggestions on who to give it to as far as a charity. I like being retired. Because at this point in my life I've basically have everything paid for. One small house, 6 acres of waterfront property for recreation. Good place to go plinking. Three motorcycles two which are Harleys. A car and a truck. And everything is paid off I have no loans for anything. If you watched the first video you'll see my mom who is currently on hospice. I'm going to miss her when she's gone, but then I get my freedom to do anything I want including going to pinball expos or riding one of my Harleys across country. Oh yeah one more thing if you're interested in how make enough money a year and not having to file income tax. Because if I knew this when I was 20 years old I'll be getting almost 70 grand a year. The trick is to invest so your payouts are in long-term capital gains. That's because the first 40 Grand is tax free. Don't take my word for it look it up yourself. I tell you this because it really pisses me off when I hear morons tell how the rich pay their fair share. Such b*******.
Dale

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from dueyftw:

I get just under 30k a year. Most of it is from social security and the other that is from a retirement plan. Because of the combination I don't owe any money in income tax. Therefore I don't file. I could demonetize my YouTube channel but it's just easier to ask people not to subscribe and like. If somehow I do make any money I will be open to suggestions on who to give it to as far as a charity. I like being retired. Because at this point in my life I've basically have everything paid for. One small house, 6 acres of waterfront property for recreation. Good place to go plinking. Three motorcycles two which are Harleys. A car and a truck. And everything is paid off I have no loans for anything. If you watched the first video you'll see my mom who is currently on hospice. I'm going to miss her when she's gone, but then I get my freedom to do anything I want including going to pinball expos or riding one of my Harleys across country. Oh yeah one more thing if you're interested in how make enough money a year and not having to file income tax. Because if I knew this when I was 20 years old I'll be getting almost 70 grand a year. The trick is to invest so your payouts are in long-term capital gains. That's because the first 40 Grand is tax free. Don't take my word for it look it up yourself. I tell you this because it really pisses me off when I hear morons tell how the rich pay their fair share. Such b*******.
Dale

You don’t demonetize your YouTube. It is demonetized by default. I made a viral video on YouTube with millions of views. I had to apply to make money from it, and you only get a few bucks!

You have no chance of getting any money from YouTube, so I wouldn’t worry.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from dueyftw:

Dale

You have to opt into the monetization, which requires 4k hours of watch time on your channel in the past 12 months and 1k subscribers
https://www.youtube.com/creators/how-things-work/video-monetization/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4omaBhDqARIsADXULuUOrAK6jGYHNrAuAWVhajIpiGjkaK_lHJKfD-dLDfedcIafHGuQWJYaArTcEALw_wcB#youtube-partner-program

#6 1 year ago

Please post these in, or add a link to,the prewar thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pre-war-club-1930-1939

Very cool games. I have some prewar stuff as well and always appreciate seeing more.

#7 1 year ago

Currently I have posted here and one other forum. If some how I get to those requirements I will give the money made to a charity. My not subscribing an not liking YouTube is genuine. It seems everyone needs to be making money on You tube, I don't. I don't get to go outside that much and have gone a little crazy taking care of my mom.
Dale

#8 1 year ago

You are lost. You will not make anything if you do not sign up for Youtube monetization. You don't have to dictate to people like you have, you will not get paid if you have not signed up... sounds like you have not. So now that that's cleared up, it doesn't really matter in your case anyway. Let me explain.

In order to qualify for not paying 0% capital gains on your "first 40K" the only requirement (as single) is that you can't ALSO earn $40,400 that same year...

If you make $40,399 or less year on YouTube (LOL), you would still not owe a thing on ANY capital gains. Gov't doesn't care if it's long or short term, they only care if you ALSO made $40K that same year you realized those gains.

Unfortunately, I know this very well because I frequently qualify to pay these taxes.

So, you can still monetize your youtube account as long as you make less than 40K/yr from it. In that case, you will still only owe tax on THAT YouTube income and NOT on your other realized capital gains.

So, you honestly have nothing to worry about and should do whatever you want for both of those reasons, regarding those matters at least.

Hope in caring for your loved one that you are also well. It is physically and mentally demanding. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Please post these in, or add a link to,the prewar thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pre-war-club-1930-1939
Very cool games. I have some prewar stuff as well and always appreciate seeing more.

I will do that. Not all the stuff I own is pre-war. But everything except one pinball game is coin operated.

Quoted from snyper2099:

You are lost. You will not make anything if you do not sign up for Youtube monetization. You don't have to dictate to people like you have, you will not get paid if you have not signed up... sounds like you have not. So now that that's cleared up, it doesn't really matter in your case anyway. Let me explain.
In order to qualify for not paying 0% capital gains on your "first 40K" the only requirement (as single) is that you can't ALSO earn $40,400 that same year...
If you make $40,399 or less year on YouTube (LOL), you would still not owe a thing on ANY capital gains. Gov't doesn't care if it's long or short term, they only care if you ALSO made $40K that same year you realized those gains.
Unfortunately, I know this very well because I frequently qualify to pay these taxes.
So, you can still monetize your youtube account as long as you make less than 40K/yr from it. In that case, you will still only owe tax on THAT YouTube income and NOT on your other realized capital gains.
So, you honestly have nothing to worry about and should do whatever you want for both of those reasons, regarding those matters at least.
Hope in caring for your loved one that you are also well. It is physically and mentally demanding. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

You don't understand the rules of taxes and/or what I'm talking about.

SS is not taxed unless it over a certain amount. And that amount is combined with other sources (32k). Like my retirement. Let say I get 925 in retirement and 1562 in SS. I owe no tax because the retirement is only 11100 a year. The combined is 29844 well below the 32000. If some how I earn over 2156 dollars with YouTube I will be giving anything past that to a charity with out taking it as income. And I still don't file because I owe no taxes.
Now find a long term calculator for Long term Capital Gains. If I was smart when I was young and had a big nest egg say in a Roth IRA and took the interest of 40k and bought stocks, hold them for over a year before cashing them out. Then that Income is Long term Capital Gains. That income is a Goose egg or zero as far as taxes go. Not Increasing my tax burden. So now I would have 69844 for income and I'm not filing.

Filing Income Taxes is one of the most risky thing you can do. It ranks up with slapping a Mob Boss or jump out of an airplane with a chute full of holes.

Thank you for your concern for my mom. My family has never come close to what you have written. Except for my one sister, I'm a low life Dirt-bag who has nothing better to do than take care of mom.

Dale

#10 1 year ago

Nice stuff and also refreshing to see someone specifically not ask for likes. I generally skip through the first few and last minutes of youtube vids to avoid all the generic asking for subscribers/comments etc. If I want to subscribe to something I will, but youtubers constantly begging for it will not persuade me to say the least.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from dueyftw:

You don't understand the rules of taxes and/or what I'm talking about.

I understand the 32K joint rules very well. I did not know you had other income (SS)... my fault I thought you said you had no income... Either way, it still does not matter.

YOU ARE MAKING $0 ON YOUTUBE BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT SET THAT UP. So, don't even worry about it. I would be more concerned that the feds LOWER the SS limit that you can take without having to file in the coming years.

Yes, the government taxes long term and short term gains differently for a reason. If you hold for longer than a year, your risk increases from between zero to infinity. If you sell within the first year, the additional risk is 0 because well, you sold. So, you would pay 10-12% if you realized any short gains in your income bracket (risk = 0). Longer term gains always come with additional risks. I'm not knocking your strategy, just stating the reasons that it's set up this way. No strategy is fool proof.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I understand the 32K joint rules very well. I did not know you had other income (SS)... my fault I thought you said you had no income... Either way, it still does not matter.
YOU ARE MAKING $0 ON YOUTUBE BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT SET THAT UP. So, don't even worry about it. I would be more concerned that the feds LOWER the SS limit that you can take without having to file in the coming years.
Yes, the government taxes long term and short term gains differently for a reason. If you hold for longer than a year, your risk increases from between zero to infinity. If you sell within the first year, the additional risk is 0 because well, you sold. So, you would pay 10-12% if you realized any short gains in your income bracket (risk = 0). Longer term gains always come with additional risks. I'm not knocking your strategy, just stating the reasons that it's set up this way. No strategy is fool proof.

My problem is the difference between long-term and short-term capital gains. With short-term capital gains your tax just like hourly wage slave. But if you hold off from taking profit or interest for just over a year you get a free ride for the first 40K and then everything else after is 15%. It's not hard to change short-term capital gains into long-term capital gains you just have to be patient. How many people know this? How many people know that if you reinvest into stocks and then hold them for a year, your first 40k it's a free ride? And just how many people know if you don't owe any income tax you're not required to file? Or should I say you "must" file. Another thing I like about our government they don't use the word "require" an income tax documentation. Otherwise their documentation would have Fourth Amendment issues.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from dueyftw:

My problem is the difference between long-term and short-term capital gains. With short-term capital gains your tax just like hourly wage slave. But if you hold off from taking profit or interest for just over a year you get a free ride for the first 40K and then everything else after is 15%. It's not hard to change short-term capital gains into long-term capital gains you just have to be patient. How many people know this? How many people know that if you reinvest into stocks and then hold them for a year, your first 40k it's a free ride? And just how many people know if you don't owe any income tax you're not required to file? Or should I say you "must" file. Another thing I like about our government they don't use the word "require" an income tax documentation. Otherwise their documentation would have Fourth Amendment issues.

Not true, for your case specifically in 2021 and 2022, short term would be 10-12%, not "slave wage tax" as you put it.

You keep saying free ride but if your investments tank, you can lose a lot more than 10-12 percent. You keep saying these things like there's zero risk with long term and you should always just ride it out... I would actually be quite concerned for you if you are relying on this strategy alone and doing nothing else to prepare for your financial future.

I'm not criticizing any part of your choices... If YOU are happy with the results and live a happy life, that's amazing and I am very happy for you. Honestly, that's all that matters.

Also, the only people that "know these things" are those who are affected by it. Most younger workers these days don't invest AT ALL so why would they care? See how that works? Honestly, if you even try to explain a simple concept to any working American like why you should not go to WalMart to file your taxes, they just look at you like you are crazy and explain how they can get a check THAT DAY if they just pay extra for it.

People living paycheck to paycheck don't really care if they are robbed blind when you are waving tax return money in front of them. For those people, timing is way more important than interest on a loan or giving some of their tax money away at that moment.

Now, if you are retired, you have a lot more control over your investments. It's just the way our country and 401K investments are built.

Most retired people know these things if they have any $ when they retire... Those that don't know these things? ...well it's not my fault or my concern that they are not paying attention in life.

If you are not of retirement age, sometimes "employees" can't pick and choose when to buy and sell for short or long term gains. So, for a lot of people, it does not really matter anyway because they don't have control over those decisions.

The most incredible thing that I find is that a lot of these simple workforce investment concepts are not taught in our public schools. It should be required teaching these days. Instead, kids are being taught how society should treat them. Then when society does not treat them like that, they lose it, go nuts, and use self medication and self riotousness to get them through life. It's no wonder young adults are not investing in "that society"? Ha, no chance in hell that's happening.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Not true, for your case specifically in 2021 and 2022, short term would be 10-12%, not "slave wage tax" as you put it.
You keep saying free ride but if your investments tank, you can lose a lot more than 10-12 percent. You keep saying these things like there's zero risk with long term and you should always just ride it out... I would actually be quite concerned for you if you are relying on this strategy alone and doing nothing else to prepare for your financial future.
I'm not criticizing any part of your choices... If YOU are happy with the results and live a happy life, that's amazing and I am very happy for you. Honestly, that's all that matters.
Also, the only people that "know these things" are those who are affected by it. Most younger workers these days don't invest AT ALL so why would they care? See how that works? Honestly, if you even try to explain a simple concept to any working American like why you should not go to WalMart to file your taxes, they just look at you like you are crazy and explain how they can get a check THAT DAY if they just pay extra for it.
People living paycheck to paycheck don't really care if they are robbed blind when you are waving tax return money in front of them. For those people, timing is way more important than interest on a loan or giving some of their tax money away at that moment.
Now, if you are retired, you have a lot more control over your investments. It's just the way our country and 401K investments are built.
Most retired people know these things if they have any $ when they retire... Those that don't know these things? ...well it's not my fault or my concern that they are not paying attention in life.
If you are not of retirement age, sometimes "employees" can't pick and choose when to buy and sell for short or long term gains. So, for a lot of people, it does not really matter anyway because they don't have control over those decisions.
The most incredible thing that I find is that a lot of these simple workforce investment concepts are not taught in our public schools. It should be required teaching these days. Instead, kids are being taught how society should treat them. Then when society does not treat them like that, they lose it, go nuts, and use self medication and self riotousness to get them through life. It's no wonder young adults are not investing in "that society"? Ha, no chance in hell that's happening.

Investments is gambling the only difference is that the house doesn't always have the advantage. Yes you could lose your principal when you invest. But it's not hard to find Rock solid investments that turn out 6 to 9% yearly. Yes you're right about short-term capital gains it is not much as an hourly employee. But it's nowhere close to being the almost Free Ride of long-term capital gains. And yes I was one of those stupid young people who didn't invest at all. I also thought that eventually the government will need a big chunk of money to fix the problems they cause with social security and other things. And they would turn to individual retirement funds to fix the problem. I also believe that it will happen eventually.

When I went to school nothing was taught about finances or how to be responsible with money. And it continues today. It's a real issue that people think it's okay to borrow money when they have no means or a little means to pay it back. The school system should have been ingrained all the students that this is just a dumb idea. But most people think that a good credit score is the same thing as having money. And most people in the United States are living almost paycheck to paycheck.

I'm retired and I have everything paid off. House cars motorcycles. So with an income of just under 30k I don't need to work. I have a few dollars invested in gold and silver physical that is. Oh by the way gold and silver is a scam all into itself. I own my own small house. I have a recreational property of six acres that's waterfront. So in 63 years I've done all right.

Once mom's gone I like to do a YouTube series on riding my Harley across country and giving people a little insights on s*** they don't know. Like there are three types of employees. Hourly, salary and salary non-exempt. Hourly pays on an hourly wage and anything after 40 hours within the work week is time and a half. Salary pays whatever you agreed to. $200 a day, $1,500 a week or $40,000 a year. and of course there's only certain jobs that can be salary. Engineer, salesman, management and two others I forget. Then there's salary non-exempt. Do not take a salary non-exempt job. It's kind of like an hourly wage but anything after 40 hours a week is paid at half your hourly rate. I worked in IBM for a few years and they were pulling this nonsense salary non-exempt. Because we are working 3 days on 3 days off 4 days on 4 days off. Some weeks were short and some weeks was 44 hours. The 4 hours were just paid at half my hourly rate. When I showed my pay stubs to my fellow employees they told me I was wrong. But they weren't getting pay stubs. I was one of the few who didn't have direct deposit.

Not everybody is stupid but damn there are sure as hell a lot of them. I'd like to think that they're stupid not because they're not smart it's because they just don't have the information they really need. And what really irritates me is people who don't know what they're talking about say stupid stuff. Like one idiot "Guntherson" who suggest then if you have a 401k with 100 grand you should take the hit and invest it in real estate. So now you have 60 Grand and you put in another $150k on a loan to get a duplex. Your income would be much better than just leaving it in a 401k. (Correct!) But this mornron has never been a landlord and he doesn't know the simple fact that one bad tenant can ruin you.

I could go on but I'll leave it to the video series.
Dale

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/antique-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.