Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bigd1979
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

It appears Stern HD glass is sold out everywhere but both Invisiglass and Voodoo glass is available. Looking to install on my JP Pro and Godzilla Pro machines. Any opinions on which way to go and why? Thanks in advance.

#2 1 year ago

Cannot go wrong with either. I have 6 Invisiglass, 1 Magic Glass (AP) and 1 Voodoo. All do the job.

I have large fluorescent lights over most of my pins and all the glasses work great.

Ther are many other posts on this topic in the Forum.

#3 1 year ago

All pretty much the same except for pinball decals I Believe it is the most expensive and has fine sanded edges.

#4 1 year ago

They're all close but I find Invisiglass to be the clearest.

#5 1 year ago

Picked up my first 2 sheets of Stern HD from Classic Game Rooms a month ago. I can't compare to other brands but I am very happy with it.

#6 1 year ago

The main difference seems to be that the super expensive PDI glass is coated on both sides, and is sanded (BFD). Invisiglass is definitely great looking. Stern glass and Voodoo are a slight 3rd place but still real good

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from RxGolfer:

It appears Stern HD glass is sold out everywhere but both Invisiglass and Voodoo glass is available. Looking to install on my JP Pro and Godzilla Pro machines. Any opinions on which way to go and why? Thanks in advance.

I purchased this from Marco’s a while back:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6845-00

It still reflects my fluorescent ceiling lights and all the backbox lights. I didn’t see any difference than regular glass

Maybe others actually work as advertised but I’d stay aware from this

Mike V

#8 1 year ago

Personally for me I don't see much of a diff'rence over normal glass in my set up; not enough for the price. But all set ups are diff'rent.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Personally for me I don't see much of a diff'rence over normal glass in my set up; not enough for the price. But all set ups are diff'rent.

I agree they're not worth the money for me, but I don't have overhead lighting turned on when playing and also have my new Sterns game play backbox brightness set to 10%.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

I agree they're not worth the money for me, but I don't have overhead lighting turned on when playing and also have my new Sterns game play backbox brightness set to 10%.

Yeah backbox turned way down helps. I have overhead lighting and it still doesn't bother me much.
    If the glass were like $100 or maybe even $125 I might consider it, but that ain't gonna happen so whatever.

#11 1 year ago

Have every brand and all work well but pdi Is the best overall but it's also most expensive. Most people will be totally fine with whatever is currently the cheapest as they all do a wonderful job at what they are designed for.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anti-reflective-glass-opinions?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.