• Flipper Fidelity 3 votes
    27%
  • Pinball Pro 4 votes
    36%
  • some other solution which I'll mention below 4 votes
    36%

(11 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3m tape.jpg

#1 4 years ago

My new Tron with a FF speaker kit already installed and a shaker rattles the windows in my house, not to mention the pin itself. I get no rattling when I play with the glass off.

Thus, I'm looking to fix this situation. The FF and PinballPro anti-rattle tape are within $2 shipped price differential to my door. ($27 and $25, respectively). Obviously, the two bucks doesn't matter. I just want to get the best product.

So, which is best? (or is there an even better solution - perhaps more cost-effective?)

#2 4 years ago

Would love to know this as well. If/when you decide to get one will you let me know the results?

#3 4 years ago

Electrical tape. Works 100%. Very inexpensive!

#4 4 years ago

Where exactly is this tape supposed to be installed? For example... when I get multiball on TAF (w/PP speakers)... everything seems to be rattling... pf glass, speaker panel, translite. Anyone have a Youtube tutorial on antirattle tape installation?

#5 4 years ago

You just put the tape on the edge of the glass, where it slides into the plastic channel. It makes the fit more snug. Fold it over so it's on both sides plus the edge. Like this: [------]

#6 4 years ago

I can attest to adding electrical tape! My metallica pro with a new cointaker red tremor shaker was shaking the crud out of my glass. I just added the electrical tape a few minutes ago, all the way around, and now no more glass rattling! Much cheaper solution, and worked perfect.

#7 4 years ago

Electrical tape is not a long term solution. I've seen the effects first hand after the glass has been slid in and out many times. It turns into a shredded sticky mess over time.

---insert shameless plug here---

I happen to sell the exact same anti-rattle tape for only $11 shipped anywhere in the USA. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

#8 4 years ago

Have electrical tape on all my games. I put it down the side with half rolled on the top of the glass and half rolled on the bottom. I've removed the glass probably hundreds of times across my games and have yet to have one "shred". If it is shredding you probably have it to tight. Had it to tight on my Avengers so I just removed the lower portion of the tape and all is good.

I personally think anti-rattle tape is a 100% waste of money. I had it on my games before and it was way worse than the electrical tape with trying to peal off. For $2-$3 for a roll. I'll gladly redo it if needed on any games as I was able to do all 7 of my games with on roll with more left over.

For the backglass - get you some 1/32 felt strips from pinrestore. I just put this on all my games and I no longer have backglass rattles. I put it on the bottom (part you pull up on) just on the outside portion. Makes the backglass snug but not to snug as to make it hard to remove.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For the backglass - get you some 1/32 felt strips from pinrestore. I just put this on all my games and I no longer have backglass rattles. I put it on the bottom (part you pull up on) just on the outside portion. Makes the backglass snug but not to snug as to make it hard to remove.

Good tip, thanks

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Electrical tape is not a long term solution. I've seen the effects first hand after the glass has been slid in and out many times. It turns into a shredded sticky mess over time.
---insert shameless plug here---
I happen to sell the exact same anti-rattle tape for only $11 shipped anywhere in the USA. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

I just decided to order a roll of this. $11 shipped seems very fair. I'll post a comment on its effectiveness once I put it on my pin.

Thanks Tekman!

1 week later
#11 4 years ago

Update. Installed the tape today. Tape was required on both sides of the glass to completely remove the rattle but works great.

$11 on a $6k+ purchase is WELL, WELL worthwhile!

#12 4 years ago

Ive have used this a few times works good, hard to find tho, not the right width also but i cut it down,

3M Adhesive Fiberglass Tape

3m tape.jpg

1 month later
#13 4 years ago

I have plenty of anti-rattle in stock and ready to go. It's only $11 shipped anywhere in the USA. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

#14 4 years ago

All i ever use is electrical tape and it works great. No issues with it here.

#15 4 years ago

For people looking for a local option, I picked up some handlebar tape from a bike shop. Works great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Jose, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.50
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside