(Topic ID: 206255)

Anti glare glass

By Hdmike444

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

STLE #1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1341 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1338 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1339 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1340 (resized).jpg
    D6A7FBB5-60A1-4577-B638-57FA16DE234D (resized).png
    47B64E55-60A0-4737-BE6D-0F1C0527D8C3 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5881.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jyeakley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

I have had both PDI and Invisiglass right next to each other and could not tell a difference AT ALL (nether could anyone else I showed). They both look fantastic on a pin and make them pop. That said, I give the edge to Invisiglass due to the following:

1. Customer service. Jen is awesome and usually has some great deals if you buy more than 1 sheet.

2. Packaging. PDI packaging and the damn popcorn peanuts...they suck and make a huge mess!

3. Invisiglass is made is the USA. Not a game changer for me, but definitely a plus!

My $.02

1 week later
    #14 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I like PDI the best. I have trouble getting invisiglass clean and the sanded edges on PDI are a nice touch.

Got some Invisiglass today - looks like they now have sanded edges as well.

47B64E55-60A0-4737-BE6D-0F1C0527D8C3 (resized).jpeg47B64E55-60A0-4737-BE6D-0F1C0527D8C3 (resized).jpeg

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Damn I might need to try the product you linked. Imo this premium glass could be one of the most overpriced items in Pinball. Would love a good alternative.

I disagree. Have you actually seen the glass on a machine in person?!? The pics online don’t come close to doing it justice. In my opinion, it is one of the best upgrades you can do AND you can almost always transfer to another pin if you want to. It sharpens the whole playfield, reduces glare, and allows you to track the ball better. I have had people almost put their hand through the glass numerous times because it looks like it isn’t there. Really is amazing.

It always cracks me up that people will pay hundreds of dollars for toppers, toys, shooter rods, rails, etc. that have little effect on gameplay, but think an upgrade that directly impacts gameplay is “overpriced”.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Not only have I seen it in person, I own premium glass too. Next to my non prem glass (literally right next to it) - I wouldn't spend the money. No question about it. Maybe the lighting in my room is better who knows but from my experience it's not worth it (at these prices). Stern has my attention with their reduced pricing but if I can just buy a brand new VR headet for 230, something is wrong!

Fascinating. I guess if everyone had the same opinion the world would be no fun

I would also say that JJP frequently runs a “buy one, get one half off” promotion - just call and ask! They also combine shipping, so it comes out around the same as Stern HD glass if you buy more than one!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jyeakley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anti-glare-glass?tu=jyeakley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.