(Topic ID: 206255)

Anti glare glass

By Hdmike444

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

STLE #1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1341 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1338 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1339 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1340 (resized).jpg
    D6A7FBB5-60A1-4577-B638-57FA16DE234D (resized).png
    47B64E55-60A0-4737-BE6D-0F1C0527D8C3 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5881.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hdmike444.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi all,
    Has anyone bought the stern HD glass? How does it compare to invisiglass or PDI on a side by side? I want something for my MMr, it really is hard to see the upper playfield with the backglass reflection, the dmd is fine( I actually have the bent plastic but I don’t need it for that).
    I want to buy something but unsure if the price difference for the stern is worth it, but any savings is good.
    Thx all

#8 6 years ago

I wish I could pick a sheet up I would do it today! If anyone near me wants to go in on a couple sheets to save $$ let me know.
    I am leaning towards invisiglass but am open to pdi as well, it seems that the stern is not quite as good.

Quoted from AUKraut:

This is my MMR with Stern HD Glass and Bent Plastic. The Bent Plastic blocks the speaker light while playings ignore that. The Stern HD Glass helps with the backbox glare, but it's still there just not as noticeable.....

On a side note, I see you added a couple more spots, I bought some to do the same where did you wire them to? And what is the blue in the back? A led strip? If so how is that wired?

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from JJHLH:

A few years ago Pinball News did an analysis comparing PDI glass vs Invisiglass. This was their conclusion:
    “Our impression going into these tests was that Invisiglass and Roman's/PDI glass were broadly comparable in their reflection-reducing capabilities. However, these results show how Roman's/PDI glass performed significantly better in these particular tests.”
    http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/glass/index.html

Thx for that

1 week later
    #29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Delta9:

Yes spray wax on glass makes it bling like theres no glass people use it on show cars it also works great on front windshields in the winter when it’s raining water just rolls off

I’m shocked this works

Quoted from RobKnapp:

I read over the years on Pinside that the anti-glare glass does not work very well in lights out / Total Dark . That is how I play in the Dark 90% of the time . I sent STERN a very specific question regarding there glass in a Dark room I got no reply . Please help me regarding your Lights Out experience with the Anti- Glare glass in the Dark . Thank You .

I also play in mostly dark or low light which I think accentuates the backglass glare
    I did add a few more spots on the lower playfield and it made a huge difference though

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hdmike444.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anti-glare-glass?tu=hdmike444 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.