Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by imagemats
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0507_(Custom).JPG
    #1 11 years ago

...if you play pinball barefoot or in your socks like I do. Man, I just bought (4) 5/8" anti-fatigue mats from Uline. These things rock.

I seem to play barefoot or in my socks since these games are in my home. I am either playing on the cement garage floor or on my hardwood floors. I don't mind standing normally and I pretty much run everyday, but when I play pinball I must really put stress on my feet and legs. Maybe, I jump around alot, but I know I am constantly shifting weight from one foot to the other and my feet start to hurt. I guess my feet aren't as hardcore as I am

Really happy with these mats, they really help take alot of the pressure of my feet. Anyway, just thought I would throw my endorsement out there.

I paid $30 each for a 2' x 3' mat 5/8" thick, they refer to it as there Cadillac mat. I'm sure most other anti-fatigue mats are just as good and maybe even cheaper. Since these are used in manufacturing and other industries, they would probably do pretty well even if you wore shoes.

#2 11 years ago

+1 My gameroom is commercial carpet over concrete, and I have a couple mats that get moved around. Well worth the money.

#3 11 years ago

Great idea, thanks!

#4 11 years ago

I bought a set of these and love it. Bought them to reduce carpet wear as well as for the cushion and they work great. I was thinking of getting the borders as well to reduce any tripping risk, but haven't had any problems tripping over them. Gonna pick up another set or two as ms. wizz keeps wanting to steal them for yoga mats

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TUBQ0Q

IMG_0507_(Custom).JPGIMG_0507_(Custom).JPG

#5 11 years ago

got a couple anti fatigue mats from grainger in front of couple of my pins

#6 11 years ago

I have shag carpet over 8lb pad

But I am 250 lbs dogh!

#7 11 years ago

I wear Nike's

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I have shag carpet over 8lb pad

But I am 250 lbs dogh!

Hence the I love bacon avatar

#9 11 years ago

I bought some mats at Home Depot. Definitely worth the investment.

#10 11 years ago

Never seen these before but I get really sore feet if i stand too long playing pinball or miniture war games. Maybe I need these

#11 11 years ago

Cool this got bumped up. These really are great, I'm 6'3, 225 so quite a bit of weight being shifted from foot to foot when I play.

I know I am in FL so many of you might not play barefoot a whole lot, especially in the winter, lol. But for me, I don't normally wear shoes in my house. Just socks and they don't offer a whole lot of padding.

#12 11 years ago

My wife just bought a new kitchen mat thats about an inch thick. Holy crap its like standing in pillows. I could cover my whole house with those things.

#13 11 years ago

Hmm...my basement is tiled and can be cold and hard on the feet. I've thought about carpeting it, but as we sometimes have minor water issues in spring, that would not work. Seems like these would be nice and wouldn't get wrecked if they got a little wet. I could see putting these in all of the "traffic" areas...no need under the pins/pool table/etc. My biggest question would be how are they to clean? It seems like they would attract dust bunnies and not be easy to sweep or vacuum...

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Hmm...my basement is tiled and can be cold and hard on the feet. I've thought about carpeting it, but as we sometimes have minor water issues in spring, that would not work. Seems like these would be nice and wouldn't get wrecked if they got a little wet. I could see putting these in all of the "traffic" areas...no need under the pins/pool table/etc. My biggest question would be how are they to clean? It seems like they would attract dust bunnies and not be easy to sweep or vacuum...

They are matte or glossy.. but neither really attract any more dirt than you cant simply shake off.

I have them around a weight set and they do a good job, but i really don't get the price for them. I mean, they are foam.. why so expensive? Even at Harbor Freight I think they were $25 for 4 squares.

#15 11 years ago

Harbor Freight normally has them for about $11 for a four pack. They each come with four borders and so you get the edge pieces and can remove them to connect them together. I have a workout area for the wife that is about 10 mats across x 6 mats wide. Covers a quarter of the front half of the basement.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

They are matte or glossy.. but neither really attract any more dirt than you cant simply shake off.
    I have them around a weight set and they do a good job, but i really don't get the price for them. I mean, they are foam.. why so expensive? Even at Harbor Freight I think they were $25 for 4 squares.

Hmm...well I won't really be able to shake them off if I have them covering most of my basement..LOL! Maybe I'll have to just get a couple and see how they are. Thanks for the idea!

9 months later
    #17 10 years ago

If you want to see the different kinds of anti fatigue mats, you may look at this link: http://www.imagemats.com.au/go/mat-products/safety-and-anti-fatigue-mats

It has pictures and brand names as well as the materials the mat is made from. Cheers!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anti-fatigue-mats-are-awesome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.