Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JonCBrand
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16579266384554698617247055038999 (resized).jpg
    16579266209903212614986971751868 (resized).jpg
    Flipside pano (resized).jpg
    Fatigue may (resized).jpg
    8DDFC39F-3A8A-4463-B174-3A2B5176005E (resized).jpeg
    20220103_195130 (resized).jpg
    E3ED9B16-F403-498F-BD69-1D9DD1546238 (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

I read through an older anti-fatigue thread.

I have narrowed my choices down to titan vs. Stern for the mat choice. Seems the titan mat is generally viewed as the top end. Anyone use the stern ones? Reached out to stern to get the measurements and also when theirs might come back into stock as that info is not on the site.

Stern's are a little less expensive.
    Thoughts and or opinions one way or the other?
    Thanks

#2 2 years ago

I like the $10 ones from Amazon

#3 2 years ago

I got a titan from secret Santa and really like it. Can't imagine sterns would be better

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I like the $10 ones from Amazon

Link? Could not seem to find it. Thanks!

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Link? Could not seem to find it. Thanks!

I just looked can’t find it either I think it’s their “essentials” line or “basics”.

#6 2 years ago

We bought ours from lowes maybe $20, wife liked the idea to the save the carpet downstairs.

#7 2 years ago

I found a few on Amazon for $35 - $40 range. Wasn't sure if there were any huge differences between these and the branded ones.

#8 2 years ago

I love my Titan so much I use it at work every day!

I have to stand at a computer a large part of the day and I switch between my Titan mat and a double ring barstool from my game room.

#9 2 years ago

I got my wife one of these for Christmas last year, it’s very comfortable in the kitchen, I’ve been thinking of them for the pins downstairs. It was $20 at Christmas Tree Shops, and they went on sale after Christmas for $10.

E3ED9B16-F403-498F-BD69-1D9DD1546238 (resized).jpegE3ED9B16-F403-498F-BD69-1D9DD1546238 (resized).jpeg
    #10 2 years ago

Do most people just buy one or two and move it around from pin to pin or if you have a smaller collection do you buy one for all of them?

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I got a titan from secret Santa and really like it. Can't imagine sterns would be better

Same here actually! Can't say I've tried others, but it's a huge improvement over the one we have in the kitchen.

#12 2 years ago

The mats from Titan are expensive but worth every penny. Extremely comfortable and good quality. I don’t have any experience w the Stern mat.

#13 2 years ago

What would be the benefit of having these if my pins are already on carpet? Anything?

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

What would be the benefit of having these if my pins are already on carpet? Anything?

You feel taller

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

You feel taller

Heh. Just wondering if it would make my feet feel better. They definetly get sore standing up for long periods of time playing

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Heh. Just wondering if it would make my feet feel better. They definetly get sore standing up for long periods of time playing

It is much more relaxing on your feet, legs, and back. I also agree with everyone else...Titan is the best.

#17 2 years ago

I got a couple these a couple years ago and have been great. Each one is Perfect for 2 pins.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076MGP1J1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from zenbone:

I found a few on Amazon for $35 - $40 range. Wasn't sure if there were any huge differences between these and the branded ones.

There is a big difference. The Titan’s are super thick, the ones you find on Amazon that are half the price are also half the thickness. I bought one from Amazon that had good ratings and it was ass compared to the Titan mat.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I got a couple these a couple years ago and have been great. Each one is Perfect for 2 pins.

But that one is only a half inch thick. The difference in performance compared to the Titan is tremendous.

#21 2 years ago

The titan , in your socks, feels like your standing on marshmallows ,and the one gifted me has fluorescent edges, so looks good under the black lights.

20220103_195130 (resized).jpg20220103_195130 (resized).jpg
    #23 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

But that one is only a half inch thick. The difference in performance compared to the Titan is tremendous.

Good point. I do put mine underneath a rug.

#24 2 years ago

These are the best, and they come in different sizes and colors. I'm in my boots all day and standing barefoot on this after work is sick:

KANGAROO 3/4" Thick Superior Comfort, Relieves Pressure, All Day Ergonomic Stain Resistant Floor Rug Anti Fatigue Cushion Mat, Durable Standing Desk, Foam Pad Mats Kitchen, Office, 32x20, Black https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0153NEAHW/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_DYWX98DV15SNMWYQGMR8

#25 2 years ago

I have a bunch of Sterns on a concrete floor. They are a little wide and can feel crowded when in a row of pins. Other than that they do the job and have been very durable.

Can't speak for the Titans, but from the sounds of it they seem a lot more on the plush side.

#27 2 years ago

I have a stern mat, and it's great. Haven't used the others, although we have few half inch mats in the kitchen--but those aren't great. So, I guess size matters

#28 2 years ago

Gel Pro Elite

I can’t even imagine using anything else now that I own some. Most other mats will flatten, like the others mentioned here, and have poor support. You’d literally be better off just wearing $20 shoes than those stern ones.

If you want all-day comfort, these are the best.

My wife got them for in our kitchen too, as she’s an avid chef / baker. We both got them for our work areas, since we both have standing desks at home.
    8DDFC39F-3A8A-4463-B174-3A2B5176005E (resized).jpeg8DDFC39F-3A8A-4463-B174-3A2B5176005E (resized).jpeg

I definitely recommend the 30” deep mat, because most mats are too shallow to accommodate offset stances. Most people I know don’t play with their feet side by side.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The titan , in your socks, feels like your standing on marshmallows ,and the one gifted me has fluorescent edges, so looks good under the black lights.[quoted image]

+1, i only have one and we move it around from machine to machine. love that it glows under the black lights as well. one room is a large rug with no padding underneath, and it really helps tremendously...

#30 2 years ago

I have a Titan and Stern mat the Titan is much better.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Gel Pro Elite
    I can’t even imagine using anything else now that I own some. Most other mats will flatten, like the others mentioned here, and have poor support. You’d literally be better off just wearing $20 shoes than those stern ones.
    If you want all-day comfort, these are the best.
    My wife got them for in our kitchen too, as she’s an avid chef / baker. We both got them for our work areas, since we both have standing desks at home.
    [quoted image]
    I definitely recommend the 30” deep mat, because most mats are too shallow to accommodate offset stances. Most people I know don’t play with their feet side by side.

That’s one thing I had been wondering, I play almost exclusively with an offset stance to get a little lower, sometimes will play side by side with feet very wide apart. At 6’5” I wish pinball machines were about 6” taller.
    I have moved my games around my basement a fair amount since I bought my first machine 3 years ago, but now that several have been in the same place for awhile now I notice that I’m starting to get imprints where I play. I have carpet with padding ontop of my slab basement floor. Wondering if a few of these would keep the carpet looking and feeling fresh longer

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from zenbone:

I read through an older anti-fatigue thread.
    I have narrowed my choices down to titan vs. Stern for the mat choice. Seems the titan mat is generally viewed as the top end. Anyone use the stern ones? Reached out to stern to get the measurements and also when theirs might come back into stock as that info is not on the site.
    Stern's are a little less expensive.
    Thoughts and or opinions one way or the other?
    Thanks

The answer is titan. Any other mat is not much at all, you want to walk on a cloud. Titan. SevenEightyRacer

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Gel Pro Elite
    You’d literally be better off just wearing $20 shoes than those stern ones.

Yeah, I just wear light slip-on Sperrys or Vans around the house. Your feet will thank you, and no more stubbing toes or stepping on what ever the hell that just was. If they don't feel soft enough you can just stuff another insole in there. Some of those foam ones are like walking on pillows.

#34 2 years ago

Probably not great for pinball use, but I got a "topo" anti fatigue mat for my computer standing workstation. It's a little pricey but it works great as you move around subconsciously during meetings or whatever.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V3TO9EK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#35 2 years ago

I purchased 40 feet of 5/8" thick by 3ft wide fatigue mat from Uline. Stuff is pretty awesome for a bank of pins and it also doubles as a "no go" zone in a tournament. If you aren't actively playing your ball, you have to stay off the mat, but you can view your opponent easily on the gallery monitors. It's kind of set up weird in this picture because we were having a Christmas party so there were rented tables and chairs that wouldn't normally be there. Second pic is of the space open. It's still a work in progress.
    Fatigue may (resized).jpgFatigue may (resized).jpg
    Flipside pano (resized).jpgFlipside pano (resized).jpg

#36 2 years ago

I know they aren't mats, best I find the best thing for standing long periods of time is a pair of Crocs. No pain or fatigue while standing or concrete, carpet, tiles, etc.

Just my two cents.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

I purchased 40 feet of 5/8" thick by 3ft wide fatigue mat from Uline. Stuff is pretty awesome for a bank of pins and it also doubles as a "no go" zone in a tournament. If you aren't actively playing your ball, you have to stay off the mat, but you can view your opponent easily on the gallery monitors. It's kind of set up weird in this picture because we were having a Christmas party so there were rented tables and chairs that wouldn't normally be there. Second pic is of the space open. It's still a work in progress.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Awesome setup!

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I know they aren't mats, best I find the best thing for standing long periods of time is a pair of Crocs. No pain or fatigue while standing or concrete, carpet, tiles, etc.
    Just my two cents.

2nd

#40 2 years ago

Just an update... dropped the cash on 2 of the glow in the dark titans. Will follow up after some use. Thanks one and all for the input

#41 2 years ago

Wouldn't it be fun to have different mats representing each game? In my case of EMs, even a Williams logo on each mat would be great.

6 months later
    #42 1 year ago

These went on sale through NAPA $40 32x20" about 1" thick. I like them for barefoot playing.

16579266209903212614986971751868 (resized).jpg16579266209903212614986971751868 (resized).jpg16579266384554698617247055038999 (resized).jpg16579266384554698617247055038999 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anti-fatigue-mat-question-?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.