6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrbanjo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

What is the difference in (Gottliebs) Anti Cheat switch vs. a bounce switch?

#2 6 years ago

Gottlieb's slam switch is always closed most people just bypass them because if the leaf gets dirty it wont make good contact. Most of the other manufactures have the slam switch always open.

#3 6 years ago

Hi mrbanjo
    the following is "me guessing": When people tried to cheat - to get "free games" by pounding on the coin-door hoping the Coin-Switch closes (due to the pounding): "Anti-Cheat-Switch". Also people pounding on the Backbox hoping the Replay-Counter steps: "Anti-Cheat-Switch".

When people got angry about an pin - people kicked (with a foot) the pin: "Bounce-Switch".

What happens is always the same: The "weighted switch" opens - cuts current - for every player it is "Game-Over" - people had to throw-in money or use the (Credit) Replay button for to start a new game. Greetings Rolf

#4 6 years ago

Gottlieb employed both NO and NC anti-cheat switches. I think the NC ones would shut off the game if opened (like the early "knock off" switch), and the NO ones would tilt the game. Later, as with "Golden Arrow", the pendulum tilt would not end the game, but the lift tilt or slam switches would. I guess the designers figured that there's a difference between shaking the game to enhance the action, and actual abuse.

#5 6 years ago

For my home games, I frequently re-purpose the door-mounted "slam switch" as a reset by moving it behind one of the coin returns. That way, when a party guest walks away and leaves a machine in mid-play, a quick push of the proper coin return SLAM TILTs it back to attract mode, without having to do a full power cycle.

#6 6 years ago

Pin Gottlieb WILD LIFE........ appears to have:

Anti cheat......... on the coin door and one in the back box........... NC contacts
    Bounce switch... on main board and under playfield.................... Main Board NC under playfield NO
    Don't think there is one under the main board
    Does this sound correct?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anti-cheat-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.