(Topic ID: 2773)

Anthropology Paper

By Flake

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

Hey Everyone!

I need a favor from you all. Don’t worry, it’s easy! For my final in Anthropology, we have to do a study on a culture/subculture. I chose pinball! Since this is an unusual hobby, my professor and I have decided to make this an ethnographic study. (I use first-hand accounts to make my assessments and conclusions about the subculture.) If you would like to participate, (and I really hope you do! I need as many people as possible for this) please send me an email and I will send you a word document with the questions. All you have to do is fill it out! That’s it!

Please help me out! [email protected]

#2 13 years ago

I dont understand Flake, what is it that you want?

#3 13 years ago

Happy to help, Flake. Email sent.

#4 13 years ago

Autumnfade: I'm looking for people to answer maybe 25 questions about the pinball community so that I can use it to draw conclusions about the pinball community as a subculture.

Thanks gweempose!

#5 13 years ago

email sent...

#6 13 years ago

Oh I see, 25 Questions

#7 13 years ago

Email sent. In my email, I asked when you need the paper returned by. Can you post here also? It may help some of us determine if we can help or not.

G

#8 13 years ago

E-mail sent

#9 13 years ago

I would be happy to help as well...

#10 13 years ago

I would really like these back around this weekend. Earlier is always better.

To everyone that's emailed me so far, thank you all!

#11 13 years ago

25 questions. Are there cribnotes? There's a Barnes and Noble by my house.

And did you hear that? You're all "unusual". I knew I shouldn't have gotten involved with this bunch

#12 13 years ago

Happy to participate, e-mail sent.

#13 13 years ago

I too am waiting for a reply of multiple questions...

#14 13 years ago

Thank you all!

1 week later
    #15 13 years ago

So how are things going? Did we give you enough to work with?

#16 13 years ago

I never got a response. T_T

#17 13 years ago

I got more than enough to work with! I sent out almost 30 and got back nearly 20! Everyone really was awesome about this.

phrmtek! Noooo! I didn't even open an email until I responded to it. I don't know where things got misplaced in the cyberworld.

I meant to respond and got sidetracked if I did get it.

3 weeks later
    #18 13 years ago

Well, how did it go?
    I told other people in the Tribe about your paper, as a result I've had to post your questionnaire to our forum so they could have a look.

Are we pinball people pretty screwed up or what? In relation to other less-normal groups than ours, of course...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anthropology-paper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.