Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Why, why?
We all hurt sometimes.
2 big names this week. (poor Kate Spade as well)
Reach out, call a friend, post here.
Im struggling to understand, this sucks.
My heart goes out to his Friends and Family, Chefs, all his family at Food Network, Travel Channel and CNN.
His Genius, humility, kindness.
You will be forever missed buddy.

#6 5 years ago

If you are contemplating suicidal thoughts, please reach out to a friend or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at
1-800-273-8255.

#28 5 years ago

Tribute on CNN at 7 pacific. 10 eastern. Tonight june 8th.
Im not ignoring posts above. Just swamped busy today.
Also, starting at 8 eastern tomorrow on CNN will be several key episodes showing.
Disclaimer: I work for Food Network sometimes. Not CNN. I just feel its important programming.
Sorry to sound like a commercial and ignore touching sentiments shared hear today.
I will follow up later.
My head hurts.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I lost a close family memeber of mine to suicide a few years ago. Everyone said the same things "I never thought he would really do it", "he didn't seem that depressed", "last week he seemed fine". Looking back though there were signs but they were not taken seriously enough.

Panzerfreak- Thank you for sharing, so sorry for your loss. Indeed, we never know what another person is struggling with. The list can be long and you never know that pain someone can be living with.

Quoted from kpg:

My brother unfortunately took his life back in 2012. I'll never forget the pain of learning about it. The following 4-5 years was the hardest time in my life, dealing with the loss that I felt could have been prevented but I felt like I failed. Depression perpetuates down to family and friends and I can't describe it.

KPG- Thank very, very much for sharing your story. A lot can be learned, and well said in your posts here in this topic.
I cant imagine what you and your family went though.
A few posts mentioned " selfishness ". I get the use of the word, however as others pointed out above...When somone has reached that dark point, with no need to go on, the last thing there thinking is how others will perceive them. The pain inside is so deep and hopeless, the easy way out seems best. They either dont want to be burdon, or feel no one cares about them.

If you know soneone in pain, take that moment to put a hand on there shoulder, tell them you care, reach out. Call, text, invite them over and make them play a pinball game. Anything, just dont ignore it. We all can be apart of the solution.
As CNN pointed out so much yesterday, suicide is on the sharp rise this past decade.
Reach out, let them know you care.

Kate and Tony I hope your at peace now.

#36 5 years ago

Just watched season opener on dvr. Hong Kong.
Damn good show. Such a shame.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

There was a time when I wanted to end it all. So glad that I didn't. Too much good stuff that I would have missed. Guess things were not as bad as I had thought, because I got through those times. I do not judge anyone that is contemplating it, or has committed suicide. I will never know what is going on, or went on in their head. Its sad that some people choose suicide as an option, especially when there are so many people fighting for their lives who have no say over what happens to them. You must have to be in a deep dark place for that, that thankfully, the majority of us will never know.

Thank you for posting and thanks for sticking around.
Anthony struggled with his demons his whole life. He was a lonely person, that can get hard. The fame didnt make it easier for him. We will really never know why he did it. We just know he gave in to the desire.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I am glad that I stuck around. Once I got past my self destructive thoughts, I started to move forward more positively in life. I ended up dating someone who was battling her own internal demons, and her addictions were taking their toll. There was a suicide attempt, and if not for the medical professionals on the scene, she would not have made it. I tried to help as best as I could and slowly she started to get stronger and wanted to live. It was not easy, but I did not give up. Years went by and we grew apart, but still stayed friends. I saw her a couple of weeks ago and she is still drug and alcohol free after all these years, and is happily planning a son's wedding. Looks like something good came from me not ending my own life. She said that she could not have done it without me. Hopefully she can be there for someone in their time of need as well.

Ahh man, thats a great story!
Life begets life, the butterfly effect.

#50 5 years ago

I feel its important to post this here again at bottom of page, and will do it again on the next.

If you are contemplating suicidal thoughts, please reach out to a friend or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at
1-800-273-8255.

Its not the norm. But come to pinside and post as well or PM me. Im not the best shoulder to cry on, but I sure as hell would try to talk you out of it.

Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, I tried to watch his show once, but was not impressed or entertained.
But getting paid to travel and eat must have been good work if you can get it.

Well bud you live, was beginning to wonder if a wellness check was in order. On vacation, or up to your eyeballs sucking on exhaust pipes?
FYI- That would also be a horrible way to off yourself.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No I'm fine. I was banned from posting for 30 days

The thirty days of no Odin....it will become to be known in pin lore.
Didnt miss much...something about a goat pissing on a Tesla and a dog scratching up a Baywatch.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I live in chronic pain and other things. I know I will die someday, I still don't need to make this happen sooner.
I have heard the phrase it is harder to live.
Either way, we all get our day to die I will not rush it. Despite my pain. And it is severe.
But that is me. Not everyone can handle this, or should.
In the traumatic brain injury world, there is a suicide about once a quarter from someone who just gives up after a struggle of some length.
Often these people are abandoned by thier families like I was. As well as in some chronic pain.
And then this stuff faces us, too.
No matter what I have watched of this. It's still hard to watch...

Well said Mikey B.
Stay strong brother. The world is better with you here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anthony-bourdain-rip-apperent-suicide?tu=ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.