Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frippertron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

He was awesome. This sucks! My aunt used to work for him at his old restaurant. You never know what is going on in someone's head.

#12 5 years ago

The only thing I don't understand is how can he leave an 11 year old daughter without a father?

#26 5 years ago

It was released that he hanged himself

1 week later
#63 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I agree. Watching someone eat and then talk about it seems pretty boring to me.
What I don't understand is, they can't stop talking about this guy, who really has not been around all that long, and yet when someone like Tom Petty dies, he get all of about 5 minutes on time on the news channels and then nothing. Go figure

Tom Petty was initially thought to die from natural causes, then it was found out he was a just a junkie. If he died with the needle in his arm, he probably would have had numerous pieces on drug addiction dedicated to him.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Hell look at Prince. He was a junkie too and they could stop talking about him. And his music sucked. Where is the difference??

DON'T YOU DARE TALK SHIT ABOUT THE PURPLE ONE!!!!!!!!! Seriously, like him or not, his talent was out of this world. He was a stud on every instrument and had a great voice. I think his problem was genre and the time he came up. If it was ten years earlier it would have been heavy ass funk like Sly and Parliament, later he would wipe his ass with fake suckas like Bruno Mars. I'm done. Tom Petty is a fantastic songwriter as well but he ain't no low down and dirty groovin, poppin and lockin funk masta! Hell no!

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

How does someone who's 6'4" hang himself with a bath robe belt in a hotel bathroom that usually has 7' ceilings?

Good point. I can't wrap my head around this. Maybe it wasn't suicide, maybe he was with a prostitute and it was auto erotic asphyxiation, like David Carradine and Michael Huchance (sorry for misspelling)

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's pretty simple if he wanted to die. Most people could easily hang themselves from a doorknob. You just sit down and don't put your feet under you. It sadly is pretty common.

That just seems crazy to me. A friend of mine is a funeral director and he says people that hang themselves always scratch and rip the skin off their neck with their fingernails from second thoughts. This isn't the case with really heavy people where their neck breaks instantly, but a 300 pounder probably couldn't hang themselves from a door with a belt from a bath robe. You have to willingly starve yourself of oxygen when you could simply just stand up. It's a natural mechanism. I don't know, this is depressing, whatever happened I hope his family can get some peace.

#80 5 years ago

There have been studies done on people who have had open heart surgery, myself included, where severe depression is seen even years later. It's a phenomenon and many feel this is what contributed to Robin Williams death. I'm going to search for the link when I get a second.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frippertron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anthony-bourdain-rip-apperent-suicide?tu=Frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.