(Topic ID: 273302)

Answering my own question! GTB Ice Revue.

By Vintage-Pinball

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I have been overhauling a 65? Ice Revue and it fired it up for the first time in 20 odd years as the owner had put it in his basement and forgot it until having a clear out.

So, after a few attempts it fired up and reset correctly. But, I noticed the 10s reel was scoring at the same time the 1s reel scored. I looked at the usual things, like the associated relays but after a lot of head scratching, nothing wrong there. So I looked at the 1s reel and its switches were all correct ( I had gone through these and replaced springs and sleeves.) When I took the actual reel off and reassembled the unit, I noticed the issue still remained, but, was now ntermittent. As the reel was off, I could look at the wiper contacts and they sometimes missed the track points on the printed circuit board. More head scratching ,because I meticulously put all the removed parts off in a dish and nothing was left over. But, then it dawned on me, there was end float on the driving cog wheel
    ,meaning the contact disk could intermittently hit or miss the base circuit plate. A suitable washer was fitted, no more end float and no more 10 point scoring at the same time. It must have been missing at the start and I hadn't noticed it, doh! ( I shall now mark this as resolved )

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/answering-my-own-question-gtb-ice-revue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.