(Topic ID: 304177)

Answer: Bought Godzilla and it won’t turn on?

By BriannaWu

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by BriannaWu
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

Leaving this here in case someone else has this problem, so they’ll discover the answer.

I bought Godzilla Premium. Put it together, and it wouldn’t turn on. It was getting power, and I double checked the documentation to verify I followed all steps. It turned out, the SD card with the code had popped out in transit. Pushing it back in fixed it.

It’s in the backglass behind the translite.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Leaving this here in case someone else has this problem, so they’ll discover the answer.
I bought Godzilla Premium. Put it together, and it wouldn’t turn on. It was getting power, and I double checked the documentation to verify I followed all steps. It turned out, the SD card with the code had popped out in transit. Pushing it back in fixed it.
It’s in the backglass behind the translite.

Lmao it’s not *in* the backglass. Godzilla doesn’t have one. It has a translite and a backbox though!
Another common issue is not having the door closed when first turning the machine on after unboxing. It will prevent the node boards from flashing properly.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Lmao it’s not *in* the backglass. Godzilla doesn’t have one. It has a translite and a backbox though!
Another common issue is not having the door closed when first turning the machine on after unboxing. It will prevent the node boards from flashing properly.

k

#4 2 years ago

I had a few seconds of panic the first time I turned on AIQ, and it seemed like nothing happened.
New Sterns take FOREVER to start booting up when turned on.
Glad you figured out the issue.

#5 2 years ago

I think maybe this is one of those replies that was meant to be light-hearted and jovial but can also come across as insulting. Guessing that since you took the time to reply, you didn’t do so just to make OP feel stupid.
(IMO it does come across a little like you’re man-splaining)
Not sure why OP has received a couple thumbs down with her simple reply.
Welcome to Pinside, where most of us are dicks!

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/191/035/135.png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6 2 years ago

Godzilla LE has a back glass, could suffer from same issue.

#7 2 years ago

Thank you for posting this. I could totally see this happening to me and it would likely take me hours to figure out what was wrong.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I think maybe this is one of those replies that was meant to be light-hearted and jovial but can also come across as insulting. Guessing that since you took the time to reply, you didn’t do so just to make OP feel stupid.
(IMO it does come across a little like you’re man-splaining)
Not sure why OP has received a couple thumbs down with her simple reply.
Welcome to Pinside, where most of us are dicks!
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/191/035/135.png
[quoted image]

Thanks for the kind words. When I couldn’t figure it out, the first thing I did was search Pinside. Nothing. Trying to be a good community member, leaving answers here in case it happens to someone else!

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Thank you for posting this. I could totally see this happening to me and it would likely take me hours to figure out what was wrong.

I was just so glad it was something simple! Seems to me there should be SOME error state displayed on screen if no executable is present.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/answer-bought-godzilla-and-it-wont-turn-on?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.