(Topic ID: 82786)

Anoyone buy a replacement cabinet from virtuapin ?

By stephenshane237

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Squeakman
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WP_000448.jpg
WP_000445.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I was looking to get a new cabinet for a corvette restoration and since Doug Huse it not doing work right now IO was wondering if anyone has used a cabinet from virtuapin ? If you have what is the feedback on whether or not they work well and are close to correct ?

Thanks,

#2 5 years ago

Have a monsterbash on the way to me...it has been inspected and is supposedly extremely nice according to a very knowledgeable person in pinball! Once it gets here I will take pics and give a full report. It is on display on his site right now! Paul has been super friendly throughout the process as well.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Have a monsterbash on the way to me...it has been inspected and is supposedly extremely nice according to a very knowledgeable person in pinball! Once it gets here I will take pics and give a full report. It is on display on his site right now! Paul has been super friendly throughout the process as well.

I am interested in your report because if I can get these cabinets to work I will do many more restorations as I hate cabinet work. It looks as though the backbox is not finished with the braces for the translite and speaker panel ? also the transformer brace of the base cabinet looks to not be there. I may give Paul a call today as I have about 10 cabinet to do and for that money I cant sand and prep for cheaper than new unfinished.

Thanks,

#4 5 years ago

Good timing....I just posted the following response on another thread.....I went the DIY way. I have some picts of the just assembled, unfinished cabinet, if needed.

My Virtuapin experience...
I ordered a DIY complete flat pack from Virtuapin to make a MM cabinet for about $325. I am no woodworker by any means, but the assembly was easy. The cabinet measurements and holes drilled were spot on. If you are looking for an exact, and I mean exact, replica of an original WPC cabinet, this won't be for you because the edge joints are not the "45 degree lock miter" but a simpler joint and they don't use the fiber board (all plywood). (I think that it what they call the original corner joints.) I am very happy with the results so far (starting to prep the cabinet for decal application). This is a good, cost effective way for someone to put together their own cabinet. There is some work involved but easy stuff. I decided to make and add some further corner pieces on the inside of the cabinet to further support and strengthen it. Filled in some small cracks in the edges of the plywood with wood filler and did a final sanding to smooth out the rough wood corners. You can put in as much work as you want to meet your standards. This is a good base cabinet replacement, IMHO. Happy so far.

#5 5 years ago

goldpins am I right that the backbox braces for translite and speaker panel etc have to be made and do not come with it ? I guess I have no choice for a new cabinet other than vituapin so hopefully it is close enough to work.

#6 5 years ago

Paul is a really good man. I have not bought a cab from him yet, but know him good enough to vouch for him.
kruzman

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

goldpins am I right that the backbox braces for translite and speaker panel etc have to be made and do not come with it ? I guess I have no choice for a new cabinet other than vituapin so hopefully it is close enough to work.

You are correct. There were 4 or 5 little pieces for the entire cabinet like that that had to be made. The top boards in the backbox for the lock were included and worked great.

#8 5 years ago

Thanks I talked to Paul this morning seemed very willing to do anything cabinet wise, plus he answered the phone and my questions on the first call. So I am waiting on a quote for 3 cabinets we will see how they work out for me hopefully they are acceptable because my cabinet sanding and filling will be a thing of the past.

1 week later
#9 5 years ago

Buy with confidence from Paul!!!!
I just got a MB cabinet that the client had wanted me to clear coat over the decals. This cabinet was made by virtuapin and when it arrived I was stunned. The quality of it was top notch in every way. So much that I called the client and told him not to bother with having me clear coat the whole cab. There was no point, this MB was a thing of beauty. I have a few games that I know I will need cabinets for, for my own personal collection and I will have Paul make me cabinets for all of them. They are that nice. Corners are crisp, joints are done properly, high quality wood. You can see the amount of time that went into these cabinets.

Bottom line if your wondering if you should get one from Paul....YES

Great work guys, Keep it up.

#10 5 years ago

Thanks I just ordered a Corvette, FH, and TZ cabinet from Paul Can't wait to get them.

#11 5 years ago

Looking forward to seeing some pics from some very picky collectors.

I have a couple pins that I need to either do major surgery to the cabinets, or get new cabinets for.

I would like a few changes from original, and would be willing to pay the setup time to implement them. My IJ, for example, is a sample, and the game has no buy in button. I want my game to have no buy in button. And I want the speaker cutout to be sized for an 8 or 10 inch woofer, with appropriately sized standoff block.

I can certainly do this myself with a table saw, router and circle cutter.. but if I can just buy a flat pack ready to go... I'm game for that, too!

#12 5 years ago

I am sure that Paul would be happy to integrate these things into your new cabinet, he seemed pretty willing to do anything that I wanted done.

#13 5 years ago

The Monster Bash cabinet will be here this week sometime! I will be sure and post pics for everyone! Thanks to Matt as well, as he packed it up and shipped it out to us!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

The Monster Bash cabinet will be here this week sometime! I will be sure and post pics for everyone! Thanks to Matt as well, as he packed it up and shipped it out to us!

I bet you can't wait... I know that If these cabinets are as I think they are I will never sand another cabinet again.

#15 5 years ago

I have had a Funhouse done and it looks amazing. Paul is doing a Monster Bash for me now. Hopefully I will have it soon. Does great work! and super nice guy

Quoted from ulmpharmd:

You must have been the other Monster Bash he was doing. I am to get mine this week I hope.

1 week later
#16 5 years ago

We get all of our cabinets from VirtuaPin Cabinets for lots of reasons, but here are three really good ones.

WP_000445.jpg

WP_000448.jpg

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

I bet you can't wait... I know that If these cabinets are as I think they are I will never sand another cabinet again.

A little sawdust never hurt anyone.

well maybe Pinocchio

#18 5 years ago

I batted some emails back and forth with Paul last weekend and not only did he answer my email within minutes he was very confident he could build me a system nine cabinet for my trashed sorcerer. I hope he can make it happen as I don't see any other options out there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 109.99
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 50.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside