3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by loren3233
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loren3233.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Game (Demo Man) worked fine a few days ago and then started having the right flipper go weak. If flipper is held during gameplay I do hear a intermittent buzzing noise at the right flipper coil, the coil heats up and I lose F901 3Amp fuse on fliptronic board. Wasn't much on pinwiki on this type of issue other than Dirty Flipper cabinet switches and Power Stroke winding of coil failed.

I have cleaned the optos and switched the flipper opto boards (Problem stays on the right side)
Replaced coil with a different coil (Both coils work fine in other games)
All connectors reset on fliptronic board.
Tested coils in test mode (this was interesting as both L & R coils fire in power mode but in hold mode the R flipper slowly completes a full stroke and the L flipper does not move).
Fliptronic board was pulled and I did not see any cold solder joints and transistors test good.
EOS switches cleaned and checked (I know this isn't an issue with a fliptronics board but they look good and figured might as well check them)

Could this be a bridge going bad or the C1 capacitor on the fliptronic board? Any ideas?

Thank you,
Loren

#3 3 years ago

Okay, no fix yet.

I changed out ribbon cable with a different game and same result.
Changed out fliptronic board with a different game and the flippers on the Demo Man did the exact same thing so I do not think it is in the fliptronic board.
I went try my IJ & TZ under a flipper test to see how they responded. IJ on a flipper test under hold both flippers slowly move up during the test and fire normally under the power test. The TZ during the flipper test the left side slowly moves up under the hold but the right side stays down during the hold test, all flippers fire normally during the power test (this is basically what DM is doing). Both IJ and TZ play fine with no issues. Also checked EOS switches on DM during a switch test and the are good by manually raising the flipper.

So my question is, are the flippers supposed to move up slowly during the hold test? I would think not but I am getting no consistency here with the 3 games I am able to compare to. I am confused over here

#5 3 years ago

Figured this out after chasing for a while. It WAS actually a coil issue.

Holding wire on the coil was intermittently making contact, I was able to see it was loose after replacing coils back and forth. Wire was reconnected and soldered back into it's place. Up and running again.

Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 81.95
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loren3233.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-wpc-weak-flipper-post-unfortunately?tu=loren3233 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.